US508750A - Folding gate - Google PatentsFolding gate Download PDF
- Publication number
- US508750A US508750A US508750DA US508750A US 508750 A US508750 A US 508750A US 508750D A US508750D A US 508750DA US 508750 A US508750 A US 508750A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 241000282619 Hylobates lar Species 0.000 description 2
- 241001465754 Metazoa Species 0.000 description 2
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A01—AGRICULTURE; FORESTRY; ANIMAL HUSBANDRY; HUNTING; TRAPPING; FISHING
- A01M—CATCHING, TRAPPING OR SCARING OF ANIMALS; APPARATUS FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF NOXIOUS ANIMALS OR NOXIOUS PLANTS
- A01M7/00—Special adaptations or arrangements of liquid-spraying apparatus for purposes covered by this subclass
- A01M7/0003—Atomisers or mist blowers
- A01M7/0014—Field atomisers, e.g. orchard atomisers, self-propelled, drawn or tractor-mounted
-(N'o'modlly E. PIOKETT.
Patented Nov. 14, 1893.
UNITED STAT S PATENT OFFICE.
EDWARD PIGKETT, or GARLAND, KANSAS.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 508,750, dated November 14, 1893. Application filed April 22, 1893. Serial No. 471527. (No model.)
To all whom, it may concern.-
Be it known that I, EDWARD PIOKETT, a citizen of the United States, residing at Garland, in the county of Bourbon and State of Kanr sas, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Gates, of which the following is a specification. i
This invention relates to gates, and it consists in the novel construction and combination of the parts hereinafter fully described and claimed. 7 v V In the drawings: Figure 1 is a front view of the gate. Fig. 2 is a section, taken on the line 00 w in Fig. 1. Fig. 3 is a plan view of the gate, from above.
A and A are the two gate posts. The post A has brackets a secured to it for supporting the gate at one end. One end of the gate is connected to the brackets a, and the other end of the gate, when closed, is connected to the post A by any approved form of catch or fastening, such as the hook a.
When the gate is intended to be used merely as a folding gate, one end of it is secured to the brackets a, but if desired its end may be pivoted to the brackets 17. in any approved manner, so that it may be opened and shut by turning it on its pivots as well as by folding it back.
B is the vertical end bar of the gate which is pivoted in the brackets'a. B is the simi-.
lar vertical bar at the other end of the gate.
0 are vertical intermediate bars. D D are crossed bars pivoted on the upper and lower ends of each of the bars 0.
E E are bars pivoted on the upper and lower ends of the bars B B. The meeting ends of the bars D D between the bars 0, and the bars E E, are pivoted on the vertical bars F, each bar F connecting a bar D or E with a bar D or E at the top and at the bottom of the gate.
G are vertical bars secured to the horizontal bars D and E between the bars B B and C, and the bars F so as to prevent animals from passing between the said bars B B and C When the gate is closed.
Each bar B B and O has a block H on itslines 10' in Fig. 1.
What I claim is In a gate, the combination, with the vertical end bars B B, and the intermediate vertical bars G; of the pairs of crossed horizontal bars pivoted on the upper and lower ends of the said vertical bars, the vertical bars F pivotally connecting the ends of the said horizontal bars, the blocks on the upper ends of the bars B, B and O, and the inclined bars I having their lower ends pivoted to the said blocks and having their upper ends pivotally connected together in pairs, substantially as shown and described. 7
Witness my hand and seal this 17th day of January, A. D. 1893.
EDWARD PICKETT. [n s.]
' GEO. FLEENER, WM. LEONARD.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US508750A true US508750A (en)||1893-11-14|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US508750D Expired - Lifetime US508750A (en)||Folding gate|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US508750A (en)|
- US US508750D patent/US508750A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US508750A (en)||Folding gate|
|US165619A (en)||Improvement in hiwges|
|US170702A (en)||Improvement in shutter-hinges|
|US543406A (en)||Henry s|
|US6488A (en)||Lorenzo smith|
|US99579A (en)||John maetino|
|US108031A (en)||Improvement in gates|
|US333622A (en)||Adam milleb gasman|
|US145434A (en)||Improvement in gates|
|US62396A (en)||Kodolphtjs con-wat|
|US88770A (en)||Improvement in g-ates|
|US55505A (en)||Improvement in gate-hinges|
|US511635A (en)||Richard t|
|US59211A (en)||Improved gate-hinge|