US81998A - clifford - Google Patentsclifford Download PDF
- Publication number
- US81998A US81998A US81998DA US81998A US 81998 A US81998 A US 81998A US 81998D A US81998D A US 81998DA US 81998 A US81998 A US 81998A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 230000002452 interceptive Effects 0.000 description 2
- 238000004519 manufacturing process Methods 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A01—AGRICULTURE; FORESTRY; ANIMAL HUSBANDRY; HUNTING; TRAPPING; FISHING
- A01K—ANIMAL HUSBANDRY; CARE OF BIRDS, FISHES, INSECTS; FISHING; REARING OR BREEDING ANIMALS, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR; NEW BREEDS OF ANIMALS
- A01K13/00—Devices for grooming or caring of animals, e.g. curry-combs; Fetlock rings; Tail-holders; Devices for preventing crib-biting; Washing devices; Protection against weather conditions or insects
- A01K13/006—Protective coverings
- A01K13/007—Leg, hoof or foot protectors
WILLIAM ILHALL AND JOHN R. CLIFFORD, OF BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS.
Letters Patent No. 81,998, dated.' September 8, 1868.
IMPROVED ANTI-INTERFERING BAND.
dlgs .Subunit referrer tu in time Enters ntent sur making-gait nf ttf time.
TO ALL WHOM IT MAY C ONCERN:
Be it known that WILLIAM II. HALL and JOHN R. CLIFFORD, both of Boston, in the county of Suffolk, and in the State of Massachusetts, have invented certain new and usefullmprovements in Anti-Interfering Bands; und do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked -thereon The nature of our invention consists in the combination of kersey, felt, or its equivalent, with a rubber anti-interfering band for horses legs, whereby the moisture from the leg is absorbed, and the band does not chafe or stick to the leg, as all other bands now in use do. i
In order to enable others skilled in the art to which our invention appertains to make and use the same, we will now proceed to describe its construction and operation, referring to the annexed drawings, which form a part of this specification. r
A represents a rubber band for horses legs, provided on the `outside with projections B B, and made in any 4of the known and usual ways.
This band is, on the inside, provided with balls or pads C C, to keep itin its place, and prevent it from turning around.
Then/'hole inner side of the band A is lined `with kersey, felt, or its equivalent, al1 vulcanized in one pro# cess in a. mould, by combining the two together, and the edges rounded, as shown.
This gives strength to the strapv and buckle riveted to-the ends of said band, as, without it, the rivets would easily work through the rubber. It absorbs the moisture, and prevents any chating.
Having thus fully described our invention, whatwe claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
.As an article of manufacture, an interfering rubber guard, when constructed as described, and attached .to kersey, as herein shown and for the purposes set forth.
In testimony that We claim the foregoing, we have hereunto set our hands and seals,rthis 29th day of o July,`1868.
WILLIAM H. HALL. [1.. 5.] JOHN R. CLIFFORD. [L 5.]
SELWIN Z. BANMAN, BENJ. I-I. GURRIER.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US81998A true US81998A (en)||1868-09-08|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US81998D Expired - Lifetime US81998A (en)||clifford|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US81998A (en)|
- US US81998D patent/US81998A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US348233A (en)||Half to thomas a|
|US366266A (en)||Rubber overshoe|
|US85205A (en)||Improved india-rubber fender for interfering horses|
|US88592A (en)||Improvement in door-pulley|
|US113773A (en)||Improvement in inner soles for boots and shoes|
|US129340A (en)||Improvement in artificial legs|
|US87344A (en)||Frederick w|
|US124547A (en)||Improvement in horse-yokes|
|US95748A (en)||Improved shaft-tug|
|US84813A (en)||Improved knee-boot for horses|
|US92471A (en)||Improvement in picker-cushions for looms|
|US109382A (en)||Improvement in clothes-holders for clothes-lines|
|US97666A (en)||Improvement in wagon-standards|
|US81601A (en)||Improvement in interfering-strap for horses|
|US84071A (en)||Improved harness-tree pad|
|US80777A (en)||James p|
|US97295A (en)||Improvement in pads or housings for harness-saddles|
|US58619A (en)||Improved buckle and ring|
|US95951A (en)||Improvement in boot-patterns|
|US101990A (en)||Improvement in wheat-drills|
|US91308A (en)||Improved fastening for hand-reins|
|US89465A (en)||Improvement in whip-sockets|