US99815A - Improvement in sash-holders - Google PatentsImprovement in sash-holders Download PDF
- Publication number
- US99815A US99815A US99815DA US99815A US 99815 A US99815 A US 99815A US 99815D A US99815D A US 99815DA US 99815 A US99815 A US 99815A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 description 4
- 235000010627 Phaseolus vulgaris Nutrition 0.000 description 1
- 240000005158 Phaseolus vulgaris Species 0.000 description 1
- 241000220010 Rhode Species 0.000 description 1
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 1
- 239000011521 glass Substances 0.000 description 1
- 238000004519 manufacturing process Methods 0.000 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05B—LOCKS; ACCESSORIES THEREFOR; HANDCUFFS
- E05B85/00—Details of vehicle locks not provided for in groups E05B77/00 - E05B83/00
- E05B85/20—Bolts or detents
- E05B85/24—Bolts rotating about an axis
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/1051—Spring projected
- Y10T292/1052—Operating means
- Y10T292/1055—Link and lever
intrd gime @aient dimite. n
CHARLES BEAN, 0F NORTH PROVIDENCE, AS-SIeNoE EoEoNE-HALETO JAMES LANeLEY, JE., oE PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND.
Letters Patent N 99,815, dated .February 15, 1870.
IMPROVEMENT IN sass-HOLDERS.
The Schedule referred to in these Letters Patent and making partA of the same To all whom it may concern Be `it known that I, CHARLES BEAN, of the townof North Providence, in the county of Providence, and State of Rhode Isla-ntl, have inventeda. new and useful Improvement in Sash-Fasteners; and I do hereby declare the following to be a full, clear, and exact de scription thereof', sulicient to enable others skilled in the art to which my invention appertains to'make and use the same, reference being had to the accompanying drawing, forming a part of this specification, and in which- Figure 1 is a view in perspective of one of my sashfasteners complete;
-Fignre 2, a central vertical section of the same; and
Figure 3, a view of a window-sash, in section, with my improved fastener applied thereto.
Similar letters of reference indicate corresponding parts in the several gures.
In the drawing- A represents a cylindrical casing, so formed as to admit of its being economically yet securely inserted into the stile of a sash, without much if' any cutting being requisite.
B is a projection cast upon the casing for the purpose of securing it to the window-sash.
C is a hinged flap attached Ihy a hinge-joint to the casing A at D. k
E is a rod connecting the Hap O with an operating lever or thumb-piece.
l*1 is a spiral 'expansion spring placed around the rod E, and arranged to press between the inner end of casing A and inner side of flap C.
G is the operating lever or thumb-piece mounted on bearings H, and provided with a projection, I, which connects with an eye formed in the end of the rod E.
The. fastener should be placed in the stile of the sash adjacent to the cross-bar, the lever being left projecting upon the outside parallel with the glass. The
been constructed, and also that a hinged flap, spring,
connecting-rod, and crank-lever have so been combined as to produce similar results. In each of these cases, however, a separate and distinct pressure was necessary' for first disengaging the fastening device 'omthe window-flame, and then for the purpose of raising the sash still another Separate force was requisite. v
By the arrangement of my lever with relation to the hinged iapa pressure .requisite for disengaging the same from contact with the window-frame, if continued, will elevate sash. I have, also, by the arrangement-of the parts, sought to embrace them all within a cylindrical case, thus producing a compact, simple, durable, and inexpensive sash-fastener.
Having thus described my invention,
I claim as new, and desire'to secure by Letters Patent- As a new article of manufacture, the improved sashfastener herein described," consisting essentially of the cylindrical casing A, hinged flap C hinged directly to it, connecting-rod E, spring F, and lever G, also pivoted to the casing, all constructed and operating as and for the purposes specified.
HENRY'W. ALLEN, SrEPnEN ESSEX.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US99815A true US99815A (en)||1870-02-15|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US99815D Expired - Lifetime US99815A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US99815A (en)|
- US US99815D patent/US99815A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US99815A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US208937A (en)||Improvement in shutter-bowers|
|US143655A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US120619A (en)||Improvement in chain-locks|
|US94363A (en)||Improved shutter-fastening|
|US102125A (en)||Improvement in hinges for shutters|
|US86282A (en)||Improvement in bolts for shutters|
|US116150A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US87683A (en)||Improvement in sash-holder|
|US96295A (en)||Improved sash-holdbh|
|US90504A (en)||Improved hinge and spring combined|
|US1195884A (en)||Door and window fastener|
|US110078A (en)||Improvement in sash-locks|
|US60901A (en)||william judd|
|US114541A (en)||William r|
|US98506A (en)||Improved casket-handle|
|US224918A (en)||Blind-slat retainer|
|US112840A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
|US118083A (en)||Improvement in handles for carriage-doors|
|US106279A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|