US250412A - Paul zamett - Google PatentsPaul zamett Download PDF
- Publication number
- US250412A US250412A US250412DA US250412A US 250412 A US250412 A US 250412A US 250412D A US250412D A US 250412DA US 250412 A US250412 A US 250412A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000003491 Skin Anatomy 0.000 description 4
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 4
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 4
- 201000005804 Eastern equine encephalitis Diseases 0.000 description 2
- 210000004209 Hair Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- 206010022114 Injury Diseases 0.000 description 2
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000005060 rubber Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B26—HAND CUTTING TOOLS; CUTTING; SEVERING
- B26B—HAND-HELD CUTTING TOOLS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B26B21/00—Razors of the open or knife type; Safety razors or other shaving implements of the planing type; Hair-trimming devices involving a razor-blade; Equipment therefor
- B26B21/02—Razors of the open or knife type; Safety razors or other shaving implements of the planing type; Hair-trimming devices involving a razor-blade; Equipment therefor involving unchangeable blades
RAZOR GUARD. No. 250,412.; Patented Dec. 6,1881.
(59% FM W Jw. @y W @flm UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
PAUL ZAMETT, OF GLEN COVE, NEW YORK.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 250,412, dated December 6, 1881.
Application filed May 14, 1881.
York, haveinvented certain new and useful Improvements in Razor-Guards; and I do'hereby declare that the following is afull, clear, and exact description of the invention, that will enable others skilled in the art to which it appertains to make and use the same, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the lettersof reference marked thereon, which form a part of this specification.
My invention relates to a guard to be attached to razors of various sizes, to prevent injury to the skin while in use.
The invention consists in a novel construction of a guard adapted to be attached to a razor-blade and to be adj ustable thereon, Whereby provision is made for limiting the forward motion of the edge of the blade to hold the skin smooth and tight and therebyrender the operation of shaving safe and pleasant.
In the accompanying drawings, Figure 1 shows a razor open with guard partially pulled off. Fig. 2 shows a detached side view of the guard. Fig. 3 is a cross-section through line at a: of Fig. l.
The razor A, with the handle B, (shown herein,) is of the form and kind ordinarily used for shaving.
The guard (3 may be made of metal, rubber, wood, or any other suitable material possessing a sufficient degree of elasticity, and of any desired form or construction. In this instance the guard consists of a plate, 0, made of one piece of metal, and adapted to be attached to the back of the razor by simply sliding the curved top or part 0 on the back 0 of the razorblade, while one side, E, of the plate 0 is of a form approximating that of the razorblade, though a little larger, and lies on and against one side of the blade. The other side or parts that rest or press against the opposite side of the razor-blade are formed into tooth-shaped springs a a a, and which serve to hold the guard on the blade by having their points press or bear on one side of the blade, which causes the side E to lie more firmly against and on the opposite side of the blade. The top or upper portion of the guard G is slightly curved or bent to conform to the shape of the razorblade and to fit snugly thereon. The side ex- (No model.)
tension, E, of the guard is also bent or formed to lie against one side of the razor-blade for about half its width, when it springs outward from the blade and projects a short distance over and beyond the edge of the cutting part of the razor-blade A, and of a form somewhat resembling the razor-blade, as shown in Figs. 1, 2, and 3. The side E is also provided with a longitudinal slot or opening, b,in its lower part, running almost its entire length, to make the guard more elastic, and at the same time allow the lather and cut hairs to pass out through it, so as not to clog or impede the operation of the razor while in use.
From the upper bent or curved portion, 0, of the guard O, and opposite to the side E, are formed three tooth-shaped springs or curved points, a a a, so that their ends will press against the side of the razor-blade, and thereby hold the guard in position on the razor-blade. In this instance three tooth -shaped springs or points are used, but it is evident one or more may be used, if necessary.
A guard thus made can be attached to and adjusted on any kind or size razor or other similar instrument. The guard can be slipped on and off the razor-blade so easily and readily that it can .be reversed in position, and thereby affords a guard and protection while operating the razor in either hand.
I do not olaim,broadly, a guard constructed with the springs for fastening it on the back of the razor-blade.
Having described my invention, whatl claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
May, 1881. PAUL ZAMETT. Witnesses:
Fanncrs CLARE BOWEN, EDGAR GARRETSON.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US250412A true US250412A (en)||1881-12-06|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US250412D Expired - Lifetime US250412A (en)||Paul zamett|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US250412A (en)|
- US US250412D patent/US250412A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US1359666A (en)||Hair-trimmer and comb therefor|
|US250412A (en)||Paul zamett|
|US2543096A (en)||Holder for safety razor blades|
|US1108839A (en)||Razor attachment.|
|US1137976A (en)||Thumb-guard for razors.|
|US1288869A (en)||Moistening attachment for razors.|
|US3015159A (en)||Combined safety razor blade and guard assembly|
|US1735140A (en)||Safety razor|
|US140292A (en)||Improvement in sheep-shears|
|US188601A (en)||Improvement in shears and scissors|
|US1227548A (en)||Safety-razor and hair-cutter.|
|US1751215A (en)||Guard for safety-razor blades|
|US974906A (en)||Guard for safety-razors.|
|US742692A (en)||Safety-guard for razors.|