US199649A - Improvement in devices for operating windows and transoms - Google PatentsImprovement in devices for operating windows and transoms Download PDF
- Publication number
- US199649A US199649A US199649DA US199649A US 199649 A US199649 A US 199649A US 199649D A US199649D A US 199649DA US 199649 A US199649 A US 199649A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- operating windows
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 102000004726 Connectin Human genes 0.000 description 2
- 108010002947 Connectin Proteins 0.000 description 2
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0.000 description 2
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05F—DEVICES FOR MOVING WINGS INTO OPEN OR CLOSED POSITION; CHECKS FOR WINGS; WING FITTINGS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR, CONCERNED WITH THE FUNCTIONING OF THE WING
- E05F11/00—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening
- E05F11/02—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening for wings in general, e.g. fanlights
- E05F11/32—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening for wings in general, e.g. fanlights with rotary bars guided in the frame
J. KELLY. Devices for Operating Window and Transom.
,649. Patented Jan.`29, 1878.
N-PETERS. FHOTO LITHOGRAPHER. WASHINGTOM C.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JAMES KELLY, OFSAN FRANOISOO, CALIFORNIA.
IMPROVEMENT lN DEVICES FOR OPERATING WINDOWS AND TRANSOMS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 199,(349, dated J anuary29, 1878; application filed December 13, 1877.
To all whom it may concem.-
Be it known that I, JAMES KELLY, of San Francisco city and county, State of California, have invented an Improvement in De- Vices for Operating Window-Sashes; and I do hereby declare the following description and accompanying drawings are sufficient to enable any person skilled in the art or science to which it most nearly appertains to make and use my said invention without further invention or experiment.
My invention relates to certain improvements in devices for Operating window-sashes, tran` soms and other doors, or the like, which are Suspended so as to turn about an aXis, and which may be Situated out of convenient reach; and it consists in the novel combination of a rotating bar or aXis with certain levers and connectin g rod, which communicate with a suitable set-screw or knob projecting out into the room, so that by a slight movement of the knob the window may be opened or closed, and it may likewise be secured by a turn of the knob, as hereinafter more fully described and claimed.
Beferring to the accompanying drawings for a more complete explanation of my invention, Figure 1 is a perspective View ofmy device. Fig. 2 is a horizontal section thereof.
A is the frame of a window, which is shown as containing two sashes, B B. In order to open `or close these sashes they are mounted upon horizontal aXes, so as to turn upon them.
My device is connected'with these sashes in the following manner: G is a bar of Wood or metal of sufficient strength to serve the purpose. This bar is journaled horizontally, and extends into each of the sashes B, so as to serve as one journal for each, the other being opposite upon the' outside. The bar G is slotted, as shown at D, to receive a stout plate,
short lever, E, projects from the center, and a connecting-rod, F, extends to any point where it is desired to place the Operating-Imob, and it will be manifest that this connection can be made in any direction and to any distance which may be desired. At the opposite end this rod F is connected with a lever, G, which projects out through a slot, H, Conveniently made, so' that a knob or screw, I, can be secured to the end of the lever for the purpose of Operating it. This screw can be turned down, so as to fix the lever at any point at which it may be desired to have the sash stand, and when it is closed it is easily locked by means of this screw.
Having thus described my invention, I desire to secure by Letters Patent 1. A device for Operating turning sash, consisting of the rotary bar or journal C, connected with the sash or sashes B, andi provided with the lever E, in combination with the connectingrod F and lower lever G, substantially as herein shown and described.
2. The rotary bar 0,' levcr E, connectingrod F, and lever Gr, in combination with the looking and Operating knob or set-screw I, substantially as herein described, for the purposes specified.
In witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal.
JAMES KELLY. [L. s]
GEO. H. STRONG, ,OLWYN T. STACY.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US199649A true US199649A (en)||1878-01-29|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US199649D Expired - Lifetime US199649A (en)||Improvement in devices for operating windows and transoms|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US199649A (en)|
- US US199649D patent/US199649A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US199649A (en)||Improvement in devices for operating windows and transoms|
|US912379A (en)||Door-bolt-operating means.|
|US398978A (en)||Handle for sliding doors|
|US1186263A (en)||Operating mechanism for window sash and screens.|
|US189825A (en)||Improvement in door-checks|
|US191383A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US155574A (en)||Improvement in latches for doors and gates|
|US189040A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US189317A (en)||Improvement in sash-balances|
|US419681A (en)||James kelly|
|US184125A (en)||Improvement in transom-lifter and sash-center combined|
|US6748A (en)||Apparatus for opening and closing blinds|
|US1559896A (en)||Window adjuster and lock|
|US443962A (en)||Device for raising and lowering cellar-doors|
|US196690A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US206383A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US145842A (en)||Improvement in window-blind-slat operators|
|US152641A (en)||Improvement in shutter-workers|
|US210591A (en)||Improvement in window-blinds|
|US142994A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|