US57758A - Improvement in buckles - Google PatentsImprovement in buckles Download PDF
- Publication number
- US57758A US57758A US57758DA US57758A US 57758 A US57758 A US 57758A US 57758D A US57758D A US 57758DA US 57758 A US57758 A US 57758A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000002105 Tongue Anatomy 0.000 description 22
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 4
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 4
- 230000015572 biosynthetic process Effects 0.000 description 2
- 238000005755 formation reaction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 125000000471 iminomethylidene group Chemical group [H]N=C=* 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A44—HABERDASHERY; JEWELLERY
- A44B—BUTTONS, PINS, BUCKLES, SLIDE FASTENERS, OR THE LIKE
- A44B11/00—Buckles; Similar fasteners for interconnecting straps or the like, e.g. for safety belts
- A44B11/20—Buckles; Similar fasteners for interconnecting straps or the like, e.g. for safety belts engaging holes or the like in strap
- A44B11/24—Buckle with movable prong
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T24/00—Buckles, buttons, clasps, etc.
- Y10T24/4058—Penetrating prong
UNITED STATEs PATENT OEEICE.
on lNEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT.
IMPROVEMENT IN BUCKLES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 57,758, dated September 4, 1866.
To all whom t may concern:
Be it known that I, J. PECKHAM, of New Haven, in the county'of New Haven and State of Connecticut, have invented a new and useful Improvement in Buckles; and I do hereby declare the following, when taken in connection With the accompanying drawings and the letters of reference marked thereon, to be a full, clear, and exact description of the same, and which said drawings constitute part of this specification, and represent in Figure l, the buckle completed; Fig. 2, the frame of the buckle; and in Fig. 3, the tongue.
My invention relates to an improvement in that class of buckles used upon clothing 5 and consists in a peculiar formation of the tongue and its connection with the frame, whereby less metal is required than in.the ordinary construction, while equal strength and firmness are secured.
To enable others to construct my improvement I will proceed to describe my invention as illustrated in the accompanying drawings.
A is the frame, its two ends curved and turned up to receive the tongue B. The tongue is formed from a piece of round Wire, its two ends pointed, as seen in Fig. 3. Be-
ing placed upon the frame, as seen in Fig. l,
the ends of the frame around the straight to hold it therein, forms a hinge for the tongue.v The long straight back part of the tongue thus forms a side ot' the frame, and over it the end of the strap secured, by the tongues, may be passed.
Heretofore buckle-tongues have been constructed in similar manner, but spread more at the end a, and Ithe frame hinged tothe tongue at d.
By my improved construction I save so much metal as is required to thus spread that part of the tongue, being about fteen per cent.; in addition to which saving the frame is united to the tongue, in my improvement, With much are bent over` and part of the tongue-piece,
.greater facility than in the buckles as heretofore constructed.
Having, therefore, thus fully described my improvement, what I claim as new and useful, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
Thev combination ofthe frame A and tongue B, formed and hinged together in the manner u herein set forth.
J. PEGKHAM. Witnesses:
J CHN E'. EARLE, JOHN H. SHUMWAY.
as seen in Fig. l. This
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US57758A true US57758A (en)||1866-09-04|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US57758D Expired - Lifetime US57758A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US57758A (en)|
- US US57758D patent/US57758A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US57758A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US58430A (en)||Improvement in belt-buckles|
|US57632A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US55933A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US62533A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US52568A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US96981A (en)||Improvement in buckles for clothinc|
|US55113A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US55533A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US58725A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US55854A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US55311A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US80454A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US53017A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US55088A (en)||Improved buckle|
|US89110A (en)||Improved buckle|
|US258763A (en)||Suspender end|
|US125407A (en)||Improvement in armlets|
|US59896A (en)||Thomas b|