US237941A - Hame-tug - Google PatentsHame-tug Download PDF
- Publication number
- US237941A US237941A US237941DA US237941A US 237941 A US237941 A US 237941A US 237941D A US237941D A US 237941DA US 237941 A US237941 A US 237941A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 3
- 244000105975 Antidesma platyphyllum Species 0.000 description 2
- 235000009424 haa Nutrition 0.000 description 2
- 210000002268 Wool Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 230000000284 resting Effects 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B68—SADDLERY; UPHOLSTERY
- B68B—HARNESS; DEVICES USED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; WHIPS OR THE LIKE
- B68B3/00—Traction harnesses; Traction harnesses combined with devices referred to in group B68B1/00
(No Model.) 4 J. B. WOOL'SE-Y.
. No. 237,941. Patented Feb. 15,1881.
WITNESSES I d iNVENTOR ATTORN EY UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JOHN B. WOOLSEY, OF BLOOMFIELD, IOWA.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 237,941,. dated February 15, 1881.-
Application filed October 16, 1880. (No model.)
To all whom it may concern Be it known that 1, JOHN B. WOOLSEY, of Bloomfield, in the county of Davis and State of Iowa, have invented a new and valuable Improvement in Hame-Tugs and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description of the construction and operation of the same, reference being had to the annexed drawings, making a part of this specification, and to the letters and figures of reference marked thereon.
Figures 1 and 2 of the drawings are side views. Fig. 3 shows one form of clip. Fig. 4 shows the clevis, bolt, buckle, and eye. Fig. 5 shows another form of clip; Fig. 6, perspective view of the buckle. Fig. 7 is a perspective of the device applied. Figs. 8 and 9 are detail sectional views.
This invention relates to devices for fastening the traces to the hame-tugs; and it consists in a peculiar buckle and clevis for attaching the end of the trace to the halne-tug at the hame, and a clip of peculiar construction for fastening the end of the tug to the trace, all as will hereinafter fully appear.
In the annexed drawings, A is the hemetug, having eye a and holes a.
B is the trace. At one end of this trace there is fastened, by rivets, the clevis O.
D is a buckle having ears d 6?, loop 01, curved bearing 6, and tongue 61'. This buckle is held to clevis O by bolt E, passing through ears 61 (Z and the clevis G, the curved bearing (1 resting against the trace B, and the tongue 11' entering one of the holes a in tug A, said tug passing through loop 01.
By this construction a strong fastening is made, and allstrain holds the parts together, and the curved bearing prevents the loop from pulling upon the tug.
To hold the tug flat to the trace its inner end, a", is looped about the bar f of clip F, whose loops f f pass over the trace B.
In attaching this device to harness the loop or eye a is made fast to the hame-loop, and the tug A is passed through the loop d of buckle D, the tongue 61 entering one of the holes a, and the curved bearing 61' coming between the tug and trace. The trace is then passed under the loops f f of clip F. This latter device is intended forshort-tug harness.
In Figs. 1 and 5 there is shown a clip, H, for use with long-tug harness. This clip H takes the place of clip F, its bar h beingheldin the looped end'of the tug A. This clip H has the loops h h h for the belly-band, backsaddle, and breeching straps, respectively, and loop h', to rest upon the trace.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
1. The buckle D, having ears (Z cl, loop 61, curved bearing 01, and tongue 61', in combination with clevis 0, bolt E, and hame-tug A.
2. The clip H, having bar h and loops h h hill hllll 3. The combination of the hame-tug A,having eye a, holes a, and loop a, and the trace B, having clevis O, with buckle D, bolt E, and clip H.
In testimony that I claim the above I have hereunto subscribed my name in the presence of two witnesses.
JOHN B. WOOLSEY.
JAMES M. BROWN, HENRY NULToN.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US237941A true US237941A (en)||1881-02-15|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US237941D Expired - Lifetime US237941A (en)||Hame-tug|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US237941A (en)|
- US US237941D patent/US237941A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US507021A (en)||Godfrey marshall|
|US194442A (en)||Improvement in buckle and snap-hook|
|US199498A (en)||Improvement in harness tugs and attachments|
|US413117A (en)||Back-band attachment for harness|
|US401173A (en)||Hook for harness|
|US741232A (en)||Spring attachment for straps.|
|US214928A (en)||Improvement in horse-hitching devices|
|US249647A (en)||Matthew w|
|US231941A (en)||William s|
|US159534A (en)||Improvement in tug-buckles|
|US293655A (en)||William h|
|US254311A (en)||La fayette hartson|