US170210A - Improvement in shutter-fasteners - Google PatentsImprovement in shutter-fasteners Download PDF
- Publication number
- US170210A US170210A US170210DA US170210A US 170210 A US170210 A US 170210A US 170210D A US170210D A US 170210DA US 170210 A US170210 A US 170210A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 title description 3
- 230000000630 rising Effects 0.000 description 3
- 238000009877 rendering Methods 0.000 description 1
- 239000000126 substance Substances 0.000 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05C—BOLTS OR FASTENING DEVICES FOR WINGS, SPECIALLY FOR DOORS OR WINDOWS
- E05C7/00—Fastening devices specially adapted for two wings
- E05C7/04—Fastening devices specially adapted for two wings for wings which abut when closed
- E05C7/06—Fastening devices specially adapted for two wings for wings which abut when closed a fastening device for one wing being actuated or controlled by closing another wing
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/1075—Operating means
- Y10T292/1084—Closure catch
s. c. TUGKERMAN.
SHUTTER-FASTENER.- No.170r210` Patented Nov'. 23,1875,
YMBQJ c ETER 0 .ws
UNITED STATES PATENT OEFIGEJ SAMUEL C. TUGKERMAN, OF CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS.
IMPROVEMENT IN `SHUT'I'fER--FASTENER Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 170,210, dated November 23, 1875; application led October 16, 1875.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, SAMUEL C. TUQKER- MAN, of Cambridge, in the county of Middle seX and State of Massachusetts, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Blind-Fastenings, of which the following isa i Fig. 4 is a vertical section on the line C D of Fig. 2, showing a portion of the bottom rail of the sash, and the notched plate Which covers the hasp. Y
This invention relates to the fastenings for window shutters or blinds which are hung to The outside of the building and operate only at the inside of the window, the object being to so fasten the blind or shutter that it cannot be opened from the outside, Whether the Window-sash is raised or closed down and fastened.
This invention consists, first, of the locking pin c, secured to and rising above the WindowsillE, in combination with a hasp, b, loosely secured to the blind or shutter F, the pin being constructed with a catch, c, pivoted to the slotted pin, and actuated by a spring, y, between t-he rear edge of the catch and the back d of the slot in the pin, and the hasp having an openV end suflicient to pass freely 'down over the `pin and the catch, the latter being forced back by the hasp as it passes down over it, and the lower end of the catch is then pressed out by the spring over the end ofthe hasp, thus locking the latter, and rendering it difficult or impossible to be released from the outside of the window.
Second, this invention consists in the pincovering mortise in the lower edge of the sashrail H, and the notched plate f on the outside of the rail, in combination with the hasp and the catch-furnished pin. The slotted plate, or the two parts of the latter at each side of the slot, pass down on opposite sides of the hasp and onto the top of the latter, and prevent it being moved, so that when the sash is closed down upon the pin and the locked hasp, the
`hasp cannot be released to open tbe blind Without first raising the sash.
rlhe pin chas a plate, e, by which to fasten itto the sill E ofthe Window. The hasp b is generally hung to the blind or'shutter by a staple, h, entering the substance of the shutter', or the bottom rail of the blind. operating, the catch c has a small knob, k, cast or secured to its upper end, and by pressing forward on the knob the catch is released from the hasp, which is then easily thrown off from the pin, and the blind or shutter thrown open.
It will be obvious that, when the mortise in the sash covers the pin and the notched plate secures the hasp, it' the pin was plain or Without the catch, the hasp and the blind or shutter Would be Well secured, and could not be opened from the outside.
I claim as my inventionl. The slotted locking-pin a, constructed, as described, with the pivoted and spring-actuated catch c, and rising from the sillv E, in combination with and locking the has'p b, substantially as described.
2. The pin-covering mortse in the lower edge of the sash-rail H and the notched plate f, in combination With the catch-furnished slotted locking-pin c, constructed as described, and rising from the windowsill, the inortise and plate covering the pin, and the plate contiming the hasp, substantially as described.
SAMUEL G. TUCKERMAN. Witnesses:
JOHN E. CRANE, WM. S. BROWN.
For convenience of
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US170210A true US170210A (en)||1875-11-23|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US170210D Expired - Lifetime US170210A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US170210A (en)|
- US US170210D patent/US170210A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US164750A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US170210A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
|US190759A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US141019A (en)||Improvement in fastenings for sliding doors|
|US179308A (en)||Improvement in door-checks|
|US189088A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US212920A (en)||Improvement in blind-fasteners|
|US199194A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for the meeting-rails of sashes|
|US197552A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US145343A (en)||Improvement in combined shutter and window fasteners|
|US215398A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fastenings|
|US198861A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for the meeting-rails of sashes|
|US133838A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fastenings|
|US206675A (en)||Improvement in sash-balances|
|US212210A (en)||Improvement in window-sash bolts|
|US141640A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for the meeting-rails of sashes|
|US217313A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US337076A (en)||Feedeeick a|
|US532753A (en)||William bentley|
|US609490A (en)||The noflrls peters co|
|US148138A (en)||Improvement in combined blind and sash fasteners|