US151902A - Improvement in shoulder-braces - Google PatentsImprovement in shoulder-braces Download PDF
- Publication number
- US151902A US151902A US151902DA US151902A US 151902 A US151902 A US 151902A US 151902D A US151902D A US 151902DA US 151902 A US151902 A US 151902A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 241000283220 Odobenus rosmarus Species 0.000 description 2
- 210000000038 chest Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A61—MEDICAL OR VETERINARY SCIENCE; HYGIENE
- A61F—FILTERS IMPLANTABLE INTO BLOOD VESSELS; PROSTHESES; DEVICES PROVIDING PATENCY TO, OR PREVENTING COLLAPSING OF, TUBULAR STRUCTURES OF THE BODY, e.g. STENTS; ORTHOPAEDIC, NURSING OR CONTRACEPTIVE DEVICES; FOMENTATION; TREATMENT OR PROTECTION OF EYES OR EARS; BANDAGES, DRESSINGS OR ABSORBENT PADS; FIRST-AID KITS
- A61F5/00—Orthopaedic methods or devices for non-surgical treatment of bones or joints; Nursing devices; Anti-rape devices
- A61F5/01—Orthopaedic devices, e.g. splints, casts or braces
- A61F5/02—Orthopaedic corsets
- A61F5/026—Back straightening devices with shoulder braces to force back the shoulder to obtain a correct curvature of the spine
S. F. MORSE.
Shoulder-Braees- Patented June 9,1874.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
SINIA F. MORSE, OF OSHKOSH, WISCONSIN.
IMPROVEMENT IN SHOULDER-BRACES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 15 [,902, dated J une 9, 1874; application filed April 7, 1874.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, SINIA F. MORSE, of Oshkosh, in the county of Winnebago and State of Wisconsin, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Shoulder-Braces 5 and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description thereof, which will enable others skilled in the art to which it pertains to make and use the saine, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon, which form a part ot this specification.
The nature of my invention consists in the construction and arrangement ot' a shoulderbrace, as will be hereinafter more fully set forth.
In the accompanying' drawing, Figure l is a rear view, and Fig. 2 a side view, ot' my improved shoulder-brace.
A A represent two back pieces, made to conform to the shape ofthe persons back and having whalebones a a along their inner edges extending down the back. Each back-piece A is provided with an elastic strap, B, which is to extend around the arm over the shoulder, and is placed above the round of the shoulder. Each back-piece A is, by a series of cords, b b,- connected with the end of an adjustable belt or waistband, C, on the opposite side, said cords passing through metallic eyelets in the back-piece, and their ends permanently attached to the end of the adjustable belt or waistband. The adjustable belt or waistband C is made in two parts, buttoned together in front.
For ladies it should be attached to the corset, and for gentlemen by a button attached to the inside of the waistband. It' necessary, two button-holes may be made in each belt or waistband for gentlemen.
rlhis shoulder-brace eifectually supports the spine, protects the shoulder-blades, and expands the chest by drawing the adjustable belts or waistband, inclining downward.
At the lower end of each back-piece A is a hook, d, to support the skirts.
Having thus fully described my invention,
vwhat I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-` The back-pieces A A with or without hooks d, whalebones a a, elastic shoulder straps B, cords d d, and adjustable belt or waistband G, when said parts are combined and arranged substantially as described and shown, for the purpose set forth.
In testimony that I claim the foregoing as my own, I hereby affix my signature in presence of two witnesses.
Mns. SINIA F. MORSE.
Witnesses H. L. LAWSON, L. B. FARRAND.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US151902A true US151902A (en)||1874-06-09|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US151902D Expired - Lifetime US151902A (en)||Improvement in shoulder-braces|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US151902A (en)|
- US US151902D patent/US151902A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US151902A (en)||Improvement in shoulder-braces|
|US148193A (en)||Improvement in suspenders|
|US388123A (en)||Max cohen|
|US463050A (en)||Combined bust and garment supporter|
|US401223A (en)||Brace for back and legs|
|US368637A (en)||Ella elizabeth west and jacob soudebs west|
|US524218A (en)||Garment-supporter and underwaist|
|US175221A (en)||Improvement in combined shoulder-braces and suspenders|
|US206994A (en)||Improvement in shoulder-braces|
|US751132A (en)||Simon f|
|US199587A (en)||Improvement in corsets|
|US142118A (en)||Improvement in stocking-supporters|
|US157445A (en)||Improvement in sscirt-supporters|
|US173699A (en)||Improvement in skirt-supporters|
|US580419A (en)||Waist or corset|
|US390771A (en)||Mary l|
|US153930A (en)||Improvement in pantaloons|
|US330205A (en)||Ohaeles k chadwiok|