US81442A - wbavee - Google Patentswbavee Download PDF
- Publication number
- US81442A US81442A US81442DA US81442A US 81442 A US81442 A US 81442A US 81442D A US81442D A US 81442DA US 81442 A US81442 A US 81442A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000001847 Jaw Anatomy 0.000 description 4
- 239000010985 leather Substances 0.000 description 4
- 241000985595 Ploceus baglafecht Species 0.000 description 2
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 2
- 241001379910 Ephemera danica Species 0.000 description 1
- 230000023298 conjugation with cellular fusion Effects 0.000 description 1
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 1
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 1
- 210000001699 lower leg Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 230000013011 mating Effects 0.000 description 1
- 230000021037 unidirectional conjugation Effects 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B23—MACHINE TOOLS; METAL-WORKING NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D—PLANING; SLOTTING; SHEARING; BROACHING; SAWING; FILING; SCRAPING; LIKE OPERATIONS FOR WORKING METAL BY REMOVING MATERIAL, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D63/00—Dressing the tools of sawing machines or sawing devices for use in cutting any kind of material, e.g. in the manufacture of sawing tools
- B23D63/02—Setting saw teeth by means of hand-operated or foot-operated devices
- B23D63/023—Devices of the portable type carried by one hand and operable by one hand or two hands, e.g. having a pair of tongs
w. B. WEAVER.
Saw Set. No. 81,442. Patented Aug 25, 1868.
Z5511 ew /5 %@.M flung; w
W. B. EAVER, OF READING CENTRE, NEW YORK.
Letters Patent No; 81,442, dated Aztgust 25, 1868.
IMPROVEMENT IN sAW-sETi at: 5x11211111: return tr it time Zitiittt new art mating put at the amt TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: 'Be itknown that I, W. B. WEAVER, of Reading Centre, in the county of Schuyler, and State of New York,
.have'inveuted anew and improved Saw-Set; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description thereof, which will enable those skilled in the art to make and use the same, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, forming part of this specification. v
This invention relates to a new and improved saw-set, and it consistsin a peculiar construction of the same, whereby it maybe readily adapted for setting the teeth of large and small saws, and also adapted for other purposes or uses thantsetting saws. I
In the accompanying sheet of drawings- Figure 1 is a. side view of my invention.
Figure 2, an edge view ofthe same.
Similar, letters of reference indicate corresponding parts.
A represents a fiat'met al bur, one end o i'which is provided with a shank to fit in a wooden handle, 13.
The inner part of this bar has a screw-thread, a, cut uponit, on which a nut, G, is fitted, and works freely, and the outer end of the bar is formed or cast with a projecting arm, 6, through which a screw, 0, passes at right angles.
To the bar A there is fitted'a sliding bar, D, which is considerably narrower than .A, the bar D being formed or cast with two loops d d, through which A passes loosely, the loops serving as guides for the bar D.
The portion e of the bar A, against which the bar D is fitted and works, is much narrower than the other part e so that thejpart e of A and the bar D will just equal in width the part e' of A, (see fig. 1.)
On the bar A, at the inner edge of the wide part e of the same, there is a. project-ion,f, which serves as'a. jaw and a similarjaw, f, is on the outer end of the sliding bar D, the two jaws being in linewith each other.
The isliding'bur D has a hook-projection, g, on its inner end, which fits in a groove, h, in the nut C, and, by turning the latter, th fejaw f maybe moved toward and from the jawf. I
To one side of the b'ar A there is attached ajilate, E, a screw, 2', passing through an oblong slot, j, in said plate into tho bar. t v t I i This plate is formed or cast with a projection, k, which is in line with the face of the jawjj'and extends outward therefrom at right angles. I
The projection his grooved and tilled with a strip, Z, of leather, or other suitable material, which will not injure the teeth of the saw. 7'
. This projection It serves as a gauge to admit of the implement being adapted for setting'finc or coarse sawteeth, and the screw 0, by'bcing adjusted in the arm 11, regulates the degree of set to be given the teeth; the jaw f, by moving the sliding bar D, beingadjusted, so that the teeth they be grasped between the two jaws, and bent to the desired angle, which is determined by the screw 0. l
The bar A. has a. slot made in it, invwhich leather, or other suitable material, Z,is fitted.
This leather serves to protect the teeth of very large saws, when it hocomesnccessary to detach the plate E. When the plate E is detached, the device may be used use hand-vise, pliers, &c., &c.
I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent-- The combination of the leather packingl and adjustable plate E with the jawsf audf, as herein described,
for the" purpose specified.
W. B. WEAVER.
Emm: DRAKE, i K. M. Bsnxnrr,
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US81442A true US81442A (en)||1868-08-25|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US81442D Expired - Lifetime US81442A (en)||wbavee|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US81442A (en)|
- US US81442D patent/US81442A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US82508A (en)||of peru|
|US57044A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US116256A (en)||Improvement in clapboard-gauges|
|US50463A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US44411A (en)||Improved saw-set|
|US66174A (en)||Edward h|
|US97491A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US84361A (en)||Improvement in swage for saws|
|US78047A (en)||Of auburn|
|US52638A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US85845A (en)||Improved curtain-fixture|
|US88833A (en)||Improvement in carpenters gauge|
|US96156A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US85941A (en)||Improvement in saw-set|
|US80871A (en)||Improved saw-set and gauge|
|US66107A (en)||Improved bolt-outtee|
|US138297A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US69681A (en)||mit el u|
|US83959A (en)||Improved nut-cracker|
|US103851A (en)||Improvement in saw-set|
|US52997A (en)||Improved heel-breasting machine|