US131553A - Improvement in washing-machines - Google PatentsImprovement in washing-machines Download PDF
- Publication number
- US131553A US131553A US131553DA US131553A US 131553 A US131553 A US 131553A US 131553D A US131553D A US 131553DA US 131553 A US131553 A US 131553A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Expired - Lifetime
- D—TEXTILES; PAPER
- D06—TREATMENT OF TEXTILES OR THE LIKE; LAUNDERING; FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- D06B—TREATING TEXTILE MATERIALS BY LIQUIDS, GASES OR VAPOURS
- D06B3/00—Passing of textile materials through liquids, gases or vapours to effect treatment, e.g. washing, dyeing, bleaching, sizing, impregnating
- D06B3/24—Passing of textile materials through liquids, gases or vapours to effect treatment, e.g. washing, dyeing, bleaching, sizing, impregnating of fabrics in roped form
- D06B3/26—Passing of textile materials through liquids, gases or vapours to effect treatment, e.g. washing, dyeing, bleaching, sizing, impregnating of fabrics in roped form in superimposed, i.e. stack-packed, form
lPatented Sep. 24, 1872.-
J. M. MO'NFORT &.'A.1.R1LEY.'
Improvement in Washing-Machines.
Ill l UNTTED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JOHN M. MONFORT AND ANDREW J. RILEY, OF BOONE COUNTY, INDIANA.
IMPROVEMENT IN WASHING-MACHINES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 131,553, dated September 24, 1872.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that we, J oHNM. MoNEoRT and ANDREW J. RILEY, of the county of Boone and State of Indiana, have invented certain Improvements in lashing-Machines, of which the following is a specilication:
The object of our invention is to produce a Washingmachine so arranged and turned by a crank as to carry out the principle of a grinding motion on the clothes, which is the efcient agency in washing clothes, and which will not admit of the machine being adjusted to the clothes but the clothes to the machine.
Figure l represents an end view of the interior of the machine. Fig. 2 is a side view of the same-one side of the box being removed so as t0 show the arrangement of the diiierent part-s.
A A represents the ends of the box. B C
- is an adjustable journal-box for the cylinder G to rotate in. D D are the upper side edges of the box. E E are the sides of the concaved box. F F is the corrugated zinccover or l lining for the concave. l G is the cylinder, upon which is a cover of corrugated zinc, J. This cover and thelining F of the concave have corrugations one inch deep and at a little less than. a right angle, and are secured tot-heir respective parts by tinned :nails or screws. The zinc coverings for the cylinder and concave are placed in their positions spirallythe Obliquity of the corrugatons running in opposite directions, as shown in Fig. 2.
To operate the machine, place the clothes in the concave on one side of the cylinder and turn the crank twice around; this will bring the clothes up on the other side of the cylinder; then reverse the motion, and the clothes Will return to the place they started from.
Witnesses S. C. FEINK, N. T. COEFIN.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US131553A true US131553A (en)||1872-09-24|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US131553D Expired - Lifetime US131553A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US131553A (en)|
- US US131553D patent/US131553A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US39512A (en)||Improved wringing-machine|
|US558262A (en)||Henry m|
|US135822A (en)||Improvement in securing the covers on boxes for stop-cocks for water and gas|
|US127571A (en)||Improvement in casters for sewing-machines|
|US127948A (en)||Improvement in clothes-driers|
|US138881A (en)||Improvement in sewing-machine brakes|
|US51891A (en)||Improvement in machinery for oiling wool|
|US683996A (en)||Sheet-metal edger.|
|US322069A (en)||Emil eothe|
|US1085568A (en)||Beading, molding, and cutting machine.|
|US195803A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
|US103282A (en)||Improved clothes- wringer|
|US272190A (en)||Lumber-edging machine|
|US135608A (en)||Improvement in metallic fabrics for scouring grain and percolating purposes|
|US378260A (en)||Pateick mcdeemott|
|US110482A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
|US50973A (en)||Improved washing-machine|
|US883146A (en)||Bearing for supporting radiators in automobile-frames.|
|US155873A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
|US100513A (en)||Improved washing-machine|
|US73785A (en)||Improved waseihg-maohihe|