US77735A - of del a van - Google Patentsof del a van Download PDF
- Publication number
- US77735A US77735A US77735DA US77735A US 77735 A US77735 A US 77735A US 77735D A US77735D A US 77735DA US 77735 A US77735 A US 77735A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000203 mixture Substances 0.000 description 4
- 108060003107 GATC Proteins 0.000 description 2
- 230000001721 combination Effects 0.000 description 2
- 230000023298 conjugation with cellular fusion Effects 0.000 description 2
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 2
- 229950008597 drug INN Drugs 0.000 description 2
- 230000013011 mating Effects 0.000 description 2
- 230000021037 unidirectional conjugation Effects 0.000 description 2
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05F—DEVICES FOR MOVING WINGS INTO OPEN OR CLOSED POSITION; CHECKS FOR WINGS; WING FITTINGS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR, CONCERNED WITH THE FUNCTIONING OF THE WING
- E05F11/00—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening
- E05F11/02—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening for wings in general, e.g. fanlights
- E05F11/04—Man-operated mechanisms for operating wings, including those which also operate the fastening for wings in general, e.g. fanlights with cords, chains or cables
.@aith tstrs .steat ffice.
Letters Pdtent No. 77.735, dated jlfag/ 12, 1868.
IMPROVEMENT IN GATES. 'i
@he Segnale Istant tu in tlgesc trtttts ateut inn mating peut at tige smut.
TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: y
Be it known vthat I, HUNT, of Delavnn, in the county of Walworth, in thev State of Wisconsin, have invented a. new und useful Improvement in Gates; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon, making a part of this specification, in whieh- I Figure 1 is a perspective representation of my invention.
lFigure 2, a. plan view of the arrangement by means of which the gate is opened and closed.
Figure 3, au elevation of the same. i l
This invention relates to that class of gates designed' to be opened and closed by persons in carriages, and questrians; `audits nature consists in the use of two posts for the support of pulleys, ove1` which weighted cords for operating .the gate are made to pass, a jambpost, and pivot-post, the latter supporting the gate; and in the arrangement of levers pivoted to a main pulley attached to the long stile of the'gatc for the purpose of raising its`end out of a catch in the jamb-post, and keeping it in position to rest on a stop, and thus be-held open when passing through.
In' order to give a lcorrect understanding of my invention, I have marked corresponding parts with similar letters, and will nowgive a detailed description.
BB represent posts', set in the ground, with arms D D for the support of pulleys E Erover which cords F F, used`to operate the gate K, are made to pass; said cords supporting weights G G for keeping them in position for use.. Posts are also set in the ground, for hanging the gate and fastening it, as seen at A C, 'g. 1; said gate being made similar to those now in common use, but -hung on elbow-pivots, as hereinafter shown. The long stile, L, of the gate K is rigidly attached to a main pulley, O, outside of its centre, as-seen at fig. 2, and has an elbow-pivot, L'xed in its bottom to set in a step, vI ;I, g. 1, and is hung to an upper pivot, J, fixed in the top ofthe post A by means of an eye, or otherwise, as most convenient, as seen at drawing B. The pulley O has hole, S, made through it to receive the pivot J, and large enough to permit it to work hack and forth, when the gate is'to be raised -out of a catch, N, before being opened. Levers, R R, are pivoted to the opposite-sides of the pulley O at T T, andare used in conjunction with the cordsF for raising the end of the .gate outvof the catch N, which'is accomplished by pulling on either of the cords, and forcing the lever, to which it is attached, against the pivot J, as seen by dotted lines V, fig. 2. This will throw the top o'f the stile Lback toward the post A, and keep it in that position until the gate is swung around and'inade to rest on the stops X, i
the levers R answering the same purpose for raising the gate olf from the stops asout of catch N. The cords E are fastenedv to levers R, and are made to-pass around the main pulley O for opening the gate after being raised out of the catch, and are protected from ice and snow, as are the levers'R, by a cap, P, figs. l and 3,
attached. to the .top of said pulley.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim, vand desire to'secure by Letters Patent, is
l. The combina-tion of the levers R R, pulley O, and cords F, arranged substantially as and for the puri pose set forth.
2. The combination of pulley O levers RR, pivots I J, and cap I), arranged to opera-te substantially as A herein set forth.
H. HUNT'. Witnesses:
CHAs. E. GRIFFIN, A. T. PARISH,
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US77735A true US77735A (en)||1868-05-12|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US77735D Expired - Lifetime US77735A (en)||of del a van|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US77735A (en)|
- US US77735D patent/US77735A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US77735A (en)||of del a van|
|US100986A (en)||Improved locking device for traps|
|US27367A (en)||Jasper johnson|
|US88592A (en)||Improvement in door-pulley|
|US87065A (en)||Improvement in gate-latches|
|US120358A (en)||Improvement in gates|
|US87040A (en)||Improvement in gate|
|US77088A (en)||John j|
|US70963A (en)||William cooley|
|US78670A (en)||Improvement in farm-gates|
|US81805A (en)||Thomas d|
|US85702A (en)||Improvement in horse hat-forks|
|US42422A (en)||Improvement in gates|
|USRE5489E (en)||Improvement in automatic gates|
|US61115A (en)||Peters photo-uthoqraphefl|
|US72495A (en)||of del at- an|
|US91816A (en)||Improvement in farm-gate|
|US60828A (en)||Improvement in gates|
|US74384A (en)||Geokge lane|