US4394A - Cooking-stove - Google PatentsCooking-stove Download PDF
- Publication number
- US4394A US4394A US4394DA US4394A US 4394 A US4394 A US 4394A US 4394D A US4394D A US 4394DA US 4394 A US4394 A US 4394A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 229920002456 HOTAIR Polymers 0.000 description 2
- 206010022000 Influenza Diseases 0.000 description 2
- 239000000779 smoke Substances 0.000 description 2
- 238000002485 combustion reaction Methods 0.000 description 1
- 239000000446 fuel Substances 0.000 description 1
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A21—BAKING; EDIBLE DOUGHS
- A21B—BAKERS' OVENS; MACHINES OR EQUIPMENT FOR BAKING
- A21B1/00—Bakers' ovens
- A21B1/02—Bakers' ovens characterised by the heating arrangements
- A21B1/24—Ovens heated by media flowing therethrough
- A21B1/245—Ovens heated by media flowing therethrough with a plurality of air nozzles to obtain an impingement effect on the food
R. D. GRANGER.
Patented March 7, 18.46.
R. D. GRANGER, or ALBANY, NEW YORK.
Specification of Letters Patent No. 4,394, dated March 7, 1846.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, RENssELAER D. GRANGER, of Albany, in the county of Albany and State of New York, have invented a new and Improved Double-Oven Cooking- Stove; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description of the same, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, making part of this specification, in which Figure 1 represents an isometrical View and Fig. 2 a vertical longitudinal section.
The same letters refer to the same parts in both figures.
a is the upper oven placed upon a level with the fire-box b.
0, is the lower oven divided from the upper by the flue (Z (Z formed by the upper plate of the lower, and the bottom plate of the upper oven.
6 is a pipe or flue placed in the hinder part of the upper oven a, forming a communication between the flue (Z d beneath the upper oven and the flue f f above the same.
9 g is a diving fiue descending in front of the fire box and between it and the front plate of the stove, communicating with the flue h beneath the lower oven 0.
2' is a broad curved flue, the horizontal section of which may be an oblong parallelogram, ellipse or any other convenient form,making a communication between the flue h h beneath the bottom oven, and the flue (Z (Z above the same.
j is a tube passing from the front of the stove, (the end opposite the smoke pipe being considered the front,)'through the diving flue g 9 without communicating therewith into the fire chamber 1), and serving to 'mitted at y.
introduce the draft of air necessary to support combustion. It enters below the grate m. is is a register placed upon or near the top of the stove in front intended also to introduce a draft of air from above upon the fuel inthe firebox.
The operation of the stove is as follows: If it be intended to use the upper oven only the fire having been placed in the fire-box b the damper Z is opened and a draft ad- To cause the current of hot air to pass under the bottom of the upper oven, the damper Z and the register .j are closed and the dampers m m and the register is opened. When the lower oven is to be used, the dampers Z and m are closed and the register j opened. The current of hot air then passes down the diving flue g g in front of the fire box,beneath the lower oven through the curved flue z, and thence by the flue 0 to the smoke pipe; as indicated by the arrows upon the drawings. The object of curving the flue 2' is to promote a greater de gree of radiation in the oven and throw the V heated current farther forward beneath the upper. oven a.
I claim i 1. The curved flues in the rear of lower oven herein shown and described serving to throw the heat somewhat backward upon the bottom plate of the upper oven.
2. I also claim combining with the two ovens, and their respective flues the upper and lower draft, J and K arranged and operating substantially as set forth.
RENSSELAER D. GRANGER. Witnesses:
AMos B. LITTLE, Z. G. ROBBINS.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US4394A true US4394A (en)||1846-03-07|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US4394D Expired - Lifetime US4394A (en)||Cooking-stove|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US4394A (en)|
- US US4394D patent/US4394A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US3860A (en)||F archibald ivieting|
|US4188A (en)||Cookin g-stove|
|US6715A (en)||Philip rollhaus|
|US130580A (en)||Improvement in cooking-stoves|
|US181634A (en)||Improvement in fire-boxes for stoves, ranges, and furnaces|
|US145276A (en)||Improvement in cooking-stoves|
|US152048A (en)||Improvement in reservoir cooking-stoves|
|US747814A (en)||Portable stove.|
|US100992A (en)||William doyle|
|US3138A (en)||em mitt|
|US190814A (en)||Improvement in heating-stoves|
|US176992A (en)||Improvement in cooking-stoves|
|US176998A (en)||Improvement in heating-stoves|
|US4863A (en)||david f|