US421077A - Sash-fastener - Google PatentsSash-fastener Download PDF
- Publication number
- US421077A US421077A US421077DA US421077A US 421077 A US421077 A US 421077A US 421077D A US421077D A US 421077DA US 421077 A US421077 A US 421077A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 title description 6
- 239000011324 bead Substances 0.000 description 1
- 239000011521 glass Substances 0.000 description 1
- 239000000203 mixture Substances 0.000 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05B—LOCKS; ACCESSORIES THEREFOR; HANDCUFFS
- E05B83/00—Vehicle locks specially adapted for particular types of wing or vehicle
- E05B83/02—Locks for railway freight-cars, freight containers or the like; Locks for the cargo compartments of commercial lorries, trucks or vans
- E05B83/08—Locks for railway freight-cars, freight containers or the like; Locks for the cargo compartments of commercial lorries, trucks or vans with elongated bars for actuating the fastening means
- E05B83/10—Rotary bars
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/1044—Multiple head
- Y10T292/1045—Operating means
(No Model.) 7
W. N. HUNTER.
SASH FASTENER. N0.4'21,077 Patented Peb.11, 1890.
.4/2E5fi' J12 V5.27 far N. PETERS Photo- Amman Wishinghn.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICEU W'ILLIAM N. HUNTER, OF PLEASANT RIDGE, OHIO.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 421,077, dated February 11, 1890.
Application filed January 6, 1890' Serial No. 336,066. (No model.)
To all whom it may concern.-
Be it known that 1, WILLIAM N. HUNTER, a citizen of the United States, residing at Pleasant Ridge, in the county of Hamilton, State of Ohio, have invented a certain new and useful Improvement in Sash-Fasteners, of which the following is a specification.
My invention is designed to be applied to window-sashes which slide up and down in the window-casing; and the object is to hold the sash at any desired point, as well as to securely lock it thereat or when it is fully up or down.
The improvement will be fully understood from the description which I will give, coupled with a reference to the accompanying drawings, forming a part of this application, in which- Figure l is a central longitudinal crosssection taken through the window casing and sashes and shows my fasteners in position. Fig. 2 is an enlarged front view of the lock thrown so as to prevent the sash from being lowered. Fig. 3 is a detached view of the lock thrown so as to prevent the sash from being raised. Fig. 4 is a side view of the fastener. Fig. 5 is a horizontal cross-section taken through the sash and casing on the line a w of Fig. 1.
A represents the window-casin g as a whole, and B and C the respective top and bottom sashes contained therein in the usual manner.
D represents the glass panes secured in the sashes.
E is a slotted plate, which is inserted in the .bead of the sash, which is in longitudinal line with the window-casing. This plate also has a side slot at each end of the long slot, as seen in Fig. 1, but particularly in Fig. at.
F is the plate which is fastened in the boxing of the casing, forming apart of the plate. In the rear thereof is a lug or shoulder G, which is provided with an eye. S isaspringarm, which extends outwardly from the said lng, its inner end being pivotally connected to an angular piece J, whose ends are provided with teeth or projections, which latter are, however, inclined in the opposite directions, as seen in the various figures. These various parts being attached and connected to the sash and. casing, as seen in the drawings, it will readily be seen that by operating the arm S up or down it will so act upon its pivotally-connected toothed piece as to cause the latter to be wedged up against the sides of the sash, thereby holding it firmly at any point desired, either up or down. The incline of the teeth in opposite directions, it
will be readily seen, is for the purpose of af-' fecting the ascent or descent of the sash, one end holding the sash when pushed in one direction, the other in the opposite direction.
By the use of my invention cords and weights are dispensed with, while the ease and facility with which it can be applied to windows and the ready manner of operating it will recommend its use. The sides of the sash may be provided with a rack to engage with the teeth of the angular piece J; but
this is not a necessity, as in time ridges are formed in the sliding rail of the sash, which will answer the same purpose just as effectively.
I therefore claim- In a sash-fastener, the grooved plate E, provided with the secondary keepers, the attaching-plate F, and its connecting-arm G, in combination with the arm S and the pivoted angular lock J, having teeth on its ends oppositely inclined, substantially as shown and described, and for the purposes specified.
WILLIAM N. HUNTER. \Vit-nesses:
D. P. CoWL,
T. R. SHEPPARD.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US421077A true US421077A (en)||1890-02-11|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US421077D Expired - Lifetime US421077A (en)||Sash-fastener|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US421077A (en)|
- US US421077D patent/US421077A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US385668A (en)||Half to j|
|US521341A (en)||Fastener for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US576467A (en)||Door or window fastener|
|US178990A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US946141A (en)||Window-sash fastener.|
|US70236A (en)||Improved sash-fastenek|
|US749642A (en)||Thomas j|
|US212210A (en)||Improvement in window-sash bolts|
|US566856A (en)||Floyd t|