US388490A - Jacob hessleb - Google PatentsJacob hessleb Download PDF
- Publication number
- US388490A US388490A US388490DA US388490A US 388490 A US388490 A US 388490A US 388490D A US388490D A US 388490DA US 388490 A US388490 A US 388490A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000003165 Abomasum Anatomy 0.000 description 10
- 241000745987 Phragmites Species 0.000 description 10
- 235000014676 Phragmites communis Nutrition 0.000 description 10
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 4
- 238000007599 discharging Methods 0.000 description 4
- ZDXPYRJPNDTMRX-VKHMYHEASA-N L-glutamine Chemical compound OC(=O)[C@@H](N)CCC(N)=O ZDXPYRJPNDTMRX-VKHMYHEASA-N 0.000 description 2
- G10—MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACOUSTICS
- G10D—STRINGED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; WIND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACCORDIONS OR CONCERTINAS; PERCUSSION MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; AEOLIAN HARPS; SINGING-FLAME MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- G10D7/00—General design of wind musical instruments
- G10D7/12—Free-reed wind instruments
REED ORGAN. No. 388,490.
Patented Aug. 28, 1888.
i1 r m" 'gln I l, (Z- un i d` H wd x E JE f ...X $5 gg I); Eg gl gigi ET Rs, Phmwumagnpher, wmiqm. uc.
' UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE,
JACOB IIESSLRR, OF CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, ASSIGNOR TO THE IV. IV. KIMBALL COMPANY, OF SAME PLACE.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 388,490, dated August 28, 1888.
Application filed March 24, 1888.
.To all 107mm/ it may concern:
Be it known that I, JACOB I-IEssLER, a citizen of the United States, residing at Chicago, in the county of Cook and State of Illinois,
5 have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Reed-Orgaus, which are fully set forth in the following specification, reference being had to the accompanying drawing, forming a part hereof, and in which the figure io represents a vertical section across theinstrunient cut through the center of the valve and cells closed by it. v
The object of my invention is, first, to make a more resonant sounding-board; second, to t5 enlarge the air-chamber between the reed and valve, so as to give more room for the free vibration of the reed and thereby produce a more voluminous sound, and, third, to enlarge the air-chamber back of valve-seat to zo ward the bellows. To accomplish this end I make the sounding-board a as thin as possible, and strengthen it at the reed-cells by attaching a piece, in, running lengthwise of the instrument under the reed-cells. Said board m 25 may be made quite thick, so as to increase the vertical depth of the valve air-chamber Z under the reeds as much as possible7 and thereby give greater freedom ol' air-space and less resistance to the vibration ot' the reed.
The reed-cells c c c2 communicate directly with the valve air-chamber d, as shown, and are provided with mutes i z" i2. The valve e,
Serial No. 265,336. (No model.)
tracker-pin 71, and springj are constructed an d applied in the usual way.
The bottom I) of the air-chainberf is made heavy, as are also its lateral sides, as 7a and Z, so as to more completely retain the vibration in the thin sounding-board a. rlhe arrows show the direction of the aircurrents through the passages and air-chamber outthrough the opening g into4 the bellows. The air-chamber f, by this construction, is also enlarged at the side where the air escapes into the bellows, and through this Construction gives an additional t'reedom to the air-eu rrents, and through this better vibration to the reeds.
Vhat I claim isl. In a reed-organ, a thin soundingboard, a, provided with a board, in, on its inner or under and valveseat side, deepened-valve airchaniber, and an enlarged wind-chest under said thin board a and discharging end, substantially as specified.
2. In a reed-organ, a thin sounding-board, a, provided with a board, m, on its inner or under and valve-seat side, deepened-valve airchamber, enlarged wind-chest under said thin board a., and discharging end and rigid and enlarged walls Z) la Z, substantially as specified.
WM. ZIMMERMAN, H. Frsounn..
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US388490A true US388490A (en)||1888-08-28|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US388490D Expired - Lifetime US388490A (en)||Jacob hessleb|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US388490A (en)|
- US US388490D patent/US388490A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US388490A (en)||Jacob hessleb|
|US164871A (en)||Improvement in tremolos for organs|
|US122979A (en)||Improvement in reed-organs|
|US3034392A (en)||Wind actuated musical instrument|
|US148386A (en)||Improvement in reed-organs|
|US247099A (en)||Valve-tremolo for reed-organs|
|US53803A (en)||Improvement in musical instruments|
|US661412A (en)||Bass-bar of violins.|
|US164472A (en)||Improvement in organ-reeds|
|US385999A (en)||herbert chase|
|US134754A (en)||Improvement in reed-organs|
|US41915A (en)||Improvement in melodeons|
|US248317A (en)||Pipe attachment for reed-organs|
|US160605A (en)||Improvement in reed-organ tremolos|
|US767023A (en)||Musical instrument.|
|US501803A (en)||Wilhelm robert htjhlmann|
|US560559A (en)||Wind-chest for pipe-organs|
|US676029A (en)||Valve musical instrument.|