US384500A - Saw-handle - Google PatentsSaw-handle Download PDF
- Publication number
- US384500A US384500A US384500DA US384500A US 384500 A US384500 A US 384500A US 384500D A US384500D A US 384500DA US 384500 A US384500 A US 384500A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Expired - Lifetime
- 241000763859 Dyckia brevifolia Species 0.000 description 6
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 210000003813 Thumb Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 230000000284 resting Effects 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B23—MACHINE TOOLS; METAL-WORKING NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D—PLANING; SLOTTING; SHEARING; BROACHING; SAWING; FILING; SCRAPING; LIKE OPERATIONS FOR WORKING METAL BY REMOVING MATERIAL, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D51/00—Sawing machines or sawing devices working with straight blades, characterised only by constructional features of particular parts; Carrying or attaching means for tools, covered by this subclass, which are connected to a carrier at both ends
- B23D51/01—Sawing machines or sawing devices working with straight blades, characterised only by constructional features of particular parts; Carrying or attaching means for tools, covered by this subclass, which are connected to a carrier at both ends characterised by the handle
(No Model?) J. BEAULIEU.
No. 384,500 Patented June 12, 1888.
canoe whoa C7551? Beau lieu 3271; Q flflflozuw o i UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JOHN BEAULIEU, OF AROATA, CALIFORNIA.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 384,500, dated June 12. 1888.
Application filed February 17, 1888. Serial No. 264,339. (No model.)
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that 1, JOHN BEAULIEU, a citizen of the United States, residing at Arcata, in the county of Humboldt and State of California, have invented a new and useful Improvement in Saw-Handles, of which the followingis a specification.
The invention relates to improvements in saw-handles, relating more particularly to the construction and attachment of the securingloop thereof; and it consists in the construction and novel combination of parts hereinafter described, and pointed out in the appended claims.
In the drawings, Figure 1 represents a perspcctive view of the device attached to one end of a saw and with the handle attached. Fig. 2 is a central vertical longitudinal section of the handle-loop. Fig. 3 represents a perspective view of the handle loop and thumb-screw detached.
Referring to the drawings by letter, A designates a sawblade, having its end passed through the longitudinal slot 1) in the unthreaded lower part or stem, 1), of the screw B to a point not reaching the teeth. The said screw passes through a vertical opening, 0, in the block 0, the back edge of the saw-blade resting in the longitudinal groove 0' of said block on the lower surface thereof.
D is a thumb nut engaging the upper threaded end of the screw B, and forcing the washer cl down on the upper-surface of the block 0, so as to bind the saw in the slot 1) and its back edge in the groove 0.
The blocl O has a cylindrical arm or stem, E, provided at a proper point with a circumferential groove, e, and fitting and turning in the sleevef of the handle loop F, through a threaded opening in which passes the retaining-screw g, the point of which enters the groove 6 and prevents the stem E from being gvithdrawn, while permitting the same to re ate.
G is the eye of the loop F,- into which eye the handle H is inserted, and I is a flange at the end of the sleeve f, provided at suitable distances apart with the notches ii, any one of which can be turned into alignment with the groove 0 on the lower surface of the block 0.
In fixing the handle in position the proper notch i is brought into alignment with the groove 0, the saw-blade is inserted in the slot at any desired angle to the plane of the saw-.
blade, the amount of the angle depending upon the notch 3 brought into alignment with the v groove 0'.
The device as described is simple, strong, and durable, and the saw-blade can be easily and rapidly secured at any angle to the handles without removing the latter from the eyes of the loops.
Having described my invention, I claim- 1. The combination of the handle-loop having an eye and a sleeve at right angles to the eye, the block swiveled in said sleeve and projecting from the end of the same, and the slot ted screw inserted through the end of the block and adjustably secu red therein, as set forth. 2. The combination, with the saw-blade, the slotted screw, and the thumb-nut and washer, of the block having an opening for said screw and a longitudinal groove at right angles to said opening for the back edge of the sawblade, and the handleloop swiveled on said block and provided adjacent to the block with the circumferential flange having notches c, any one of which may be turned into align ment with the groove in the block, substantially as specified.
3. The herein-described saw-handle securing device, composed of the screw B, provided with the longitudinal slot 1), the thumb-nut D and its washer d, the block O,having the screwopening 0, the longitudinal groove 0, and the stem E, provided with the circumferential groove 6, the handle-loop having the eye G, the sleeve f, and flange I, provided with the notches i, and the retaining-screw g, passing through a threaded opening on the sleeve, and with its point in the groove 0, substantially as specified.
In testimony that I claim the foregoing as my ow n1 have hereto affixed my signature in presence of two witnesses.
JOHN BEA ULIEU.
Witnesses HANs ANDERSEN, F. R. EMERSON.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US384500A true US384500A (en)||1888-06-12|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US384500D Expired - Lifetime US384500A (en)||Saw-handle|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US384500A (en)|
- US US384500D patent/US384500A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US611713A (en)||Saw set and jointer|
|US542282A (en)||Charles p|
|US939843A (en)||Glass-cutting tool.|
|US210076A (en)||Improvement in saw-file holder and gage|
|US1187650A (en)||Miter attachment for saws.|
|US298820A (en)||Baenaed s|
|US646137A (en)||Combined saw and adjustable square.|
|US846964A (en)||Crosscut-saw guard and handle connection.|
|US329406A (en)||Henry meadows|
|US129508A (en)||Improvement in planes|
|US283319A (en)||Bevel attachment for handsaws|
|US686750A (en)||Device for securing handles to saw-blades.|
|US408357A (en)||William ruttan|
|US604574A (en)||Half to perley k|
|US360161A (en)||And patrick j|
|US171968A (en)||Improvement in saw-filing machines|
|US101754A (en)||Improvement in saw-clamp|
|US355704A (en)||Cheistophee moeeow|
|US93138A (en)||Improvement in gig sawing-machine|
|US103851A (en)||Improvement in saw-set|