US20633A - Improvement in plows - Google PatentsImprovement in plows Download PDF
- Publication number
- US20633A US20633A US20633DA US20633A US 20633 A US20633 A US 20633A US 20633D A US20633D A US 20633DA US 20633 A US20633 A US 20633A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 230000000153 supplemental Effects 0.000 description 5
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 1
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 1
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0.000 description 1
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A01—AGRICULTURE; FORESTRY; ANIMAL HUSBANDRY; HUNTING; TRAPPING; FISHING
- A01B—SOIL WORKING IN AGRICULTURE OR FORESTRY; PARTS, DETAILS, OR ACCESSORIES OF AGRICULTURAL MACHINES OR IMPLEMENTS, IN GENERAL
- A01B13/00—Ploughs or like machines for special purposes ; Ditch diggers, trench ploughs, forestry ploughs, ploughs for land or marsh reclamation
- A01B13/08—Ploughs or like machines for special purposes ; Ditch diggers, trench ploughs, forestry ploughs, ploughs for land or marsh reclamation for working subsoil
Patented June 22, 1858,
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
A. DIGKSON, OF HILLSBOROUGH, NORTH CAROLINA.
IMPROVEMENT IN PLOWS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 20,633, dated June 22, 1858.
To all whom t t may concern:
Be it known that I, ALEXANDER DICKSON, of Hillsborough, in the county of Orange and State of North Carolina, have invented a new and useful Improvement in Flows; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description of the same, reference being had to the annexed drawings, makinga part of this specification, in which Figure 1 is a side view of my improvement. Fig. 2 is a front View of the same.
Similar letters of reference indicate corresponding parts in the twofigures.
The object of this invention is to render an ordinary surfaeeplow available, when necessary, as a subsoil-plow.
The invention consists in the employment or use of a suprdemenlal landside and a colter attached to the plow and arranged as hereinafter fully shown and described, whereby the above object is attained.
To enable those skilled in the art to fully understand and construct my invention, I will proceed to describe it.
A represents the beam, B B the handles, 0 the share, D the mold-board, and E the landside, of an ordinary surface-plow.
F is a supplemental landside, which has two upright bars, a a, attached. These bars pass through the beam A, and are secured in proper position by keys I) b, the landside F being at the required distance below the bot-tom of the plow or the landside E.
G is a colter, the upper part of which passes through the beam A, and is secured therein by a key, 0. The lower end of the colter has a share, H, foimed on it, and a groove is made in the back edge of the colter, so thatt-he front end of the supplemental landside F may fit therein. The share or lower end of the colter G is about on a line with the landside F, and the colter and landside, when adjusted below the upper landside, E, as shown in Fig.2, form a subsoil-plow.
The supplemental landside F may be detached at any time, as also the colter G, and the implement may he used as an ordinary surface-plow.
The beam and handles may be constructed of wood, as usual, and the share (J, mold-board D, and landside E, as well as the colter G and supplemental landside F, are of metal.
This implement may be quite cheaply ('01!- structed, and it will wt'rk either in the capacity of a surface or subsoil plow l qually as well as plows made for either specialty.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
p The supplemental .landside F and colter Gr,
arranged and applied to the plow as shown,
and for the purpose set forth.
O. E. PARISH, JOHN B. PAUL.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US20633A true US20633A (en)||1858-06-22|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US20633D Expired - Lifetime US20633A (en)||Improvement in plows|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US20633A (en)|
- US US20633D patent/US20633A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US24514A (en)||Improvement in cultivators|
|US20633A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US29139A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US23898A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19262A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US26259A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US30744A (en)||Improvement in cultivators|
|US24617A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US14726A (en)||Improvement in subsoil-plows|
|US22013A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US21975A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19878A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US24089A (en)||Improvement in cultivators|
|US23933A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US25464A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19391A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US18928A (en)||Improvement in cultivators|
|US20984A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US24399A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19909A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US18783A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19658A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US19163A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US22389A (en)||Improvement in plows|
|US21598A (en)||Improvement in plows|