US178954A - Improvement in wire-fence-barb tools - Google PatentsImprovement in wire-fence-barb tools Download PDF
- Publication number
- US178954A US178954A US178954DA US178954A US 178954 A US178954 A US 178954A US 178954D A US178954D A US 178954DA US 178954 A US178954 A US 178954A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 101710024788 HOMER1 Proteins 0.000 description 2
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 2
- 210000001699 lower leg Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B21—MECHANICAL METAL-WORKING WITHOUT ESSENTIALLY REMOVING MATERIAL; PUNCHING METAL
- B21F—WORKING OR PROCESSING OF METAL WIRE
- B21F3/00—Coiling wire into particular forms
- B21F3/02—Coiling wire into particular forms helically
- B21F3/06—Coiling wire into particular forms helically internally on a hollow form
H.'W. PRIND LE,
WIRE FENGEI BARB TOOL.
Patented Jun 20,1876.
x NJUERS. FNOTWLITHOGRAPHER, WASHINGTON. OTC
W. PRINDLE, OF FORT DODGE, IOWA.
IMPROVEMENT IN WiRE-FENCE-BARB TOOLS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 178,954, dated June 20, 1876; application filed May 16, 1876.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, HOMER W. PRINDLE, of Fort Dodge, Webster county, and State of Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Tool for Forming Fence-Barbs, of which the following is a specification:
In the accompanying drawing, Figure 1 is aside view of my improved tool, the fencewire being shown in section through the line X X, Fig. 2; and Fig. 2 is a front view ofthe same.
Similar letters ofreference indicate corresponding parts.
The object of my invention is to furnish an improved tool for forming barbs upon fencewires, which shall be simple in construction and convenient in use, enabling the barbs to be formed quickly and conveniently, and in such a way that they will remain in place upon the said fence-wires.
My invention consists in the tool for forming barbs upon fence-Wires, having its lower end bent over to one side to form a hook, and having a slot or notch formed in its edge, close to its lower end, to adapt it for use, as hereinafter fully described.
In the annexed drawing, A is the body-or shank of the tool, the lower end of which is bent to one side to form a hook, ca to hook fence-wire G, and one of its ends is grasped and held by a pair of pliers. The hook a of the tool A is hooked upon the free end of the barb-wire B, and the slot or notch a is placed upon the fence-wire G. The .tool A is then drawn around the wire 0, as indicated by the arrow in Fig. 1, forming the barb.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim'as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
a The tool A, for forming barbs upon fencewires, having its lower end bent over the one side to form a hook, a and having a slot or notch, a formed in its edge, close to its lower end, to adapt itvfor use, substantially as herein shown and described.
HOMER W. PRINDLE. Witnesses: R. W. J OHNSON, H. BEEGHER.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US178954A true US178954A (en)||1876-06-20|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US178954D Expired - Lifetime US178954A (en)||Improvement in wire-fence-barb tools|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US178954A (en)|
- US US178954D patent/US178954A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US178954A (en)||Improvement in wire-fence-barb tools|
|US180185A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wires|
|US176523A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wires|
|US293584A (en)||Barb for fence-wire|
|US180656A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wires|
|US296060A (en)||Barbed metallic fencing|
|US337259A (en)||Wire-fence stay|
|US199965A (en)||Improvement in pinchers for|
|US185333A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wire|
|US215404A (en)||Improvement in barb-wire fences|
|US181433A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wire|
|US286507A (en)||Barbed wire|
|US284261A (en)||Barbed-wire felsfce|
|US181537A (en)||Improvement in wire-fence barbs|
|US189047A (en)||Improvement i n barbed fence-wire|
|US1173199A (en)||Fence-wire clamp.|
|US182778A (en)||Improvement in barbed fence-wire|
|US327755A (en)||Barbed fence|
|US181328A (en)||Improvement in barbed fences|
|USRE8665E (en)||Improvement in barbed-wire fences|
|US254539A (en)||And isaac l|
|US182817A (en)||Improvement in barbed metallic fences|
|US191993A (en)||Improvement in barbed fences|