US131700A - Improvement in washing-machines - Google PatentsImprovement in washing-machines Download PDF
- Publication number
- US131700A US131700A US131700DA US131700A US 131700 A US131700 A US 131700A US 131700D A US131700D A US 131700DA US 131700 A US131700 A US 131700A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B41—PRINTING; LINING MACHINES; TYPEWRITERS; STAMPS
- B41J—TYPEWRITERS; SELECTIVE PRINTING MECHANISMS, e.g. INK-JET PRINTERS, THERMAL PRINTERS, i.e. MECHANISMS PRINTING OTHERWISE THAN FROM A FORME; CORRECTION OF TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS
- B41J2/00—Typewriters or selective printing mechanisms characterised by the printing or marking process for which they are designed
- B41J2/005—Typewriters or selective printing mechanisms characterised by the printing or marking process for which they are designed characterised by bringing liquid or particles selectively into contact with a printing material
- B41J2/01—Ink jet
- B41J2/07—Ink jet characterised by jet control
- B41J2/075—Ink jet characterised by jet control for many-valued deflection
- B41J2/08—Ink jet characterised by jet control for many-valued deflection charge-control type
- B41J2/085—Charge means, e.g. electrodes
v UNITED STATES ATENT Prion.
Jorans. o-RD, OF soQUnL, CALIFORNIA.
IMPRov'EMi-:NT IN WASHING-MACHINES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 131,700, dated September 24, 1872.
To all whom t` may concern:
Be it known that I, JOHN S. ORD, of Soquel, in the county of Santa Cruz and State of Galifornia, have invented a Washing-Machine, of which the following is a specification:
The invention consists, irst, in simultaneously operating two corrugated rubbers relversely over clothes resting upon a stationary rubber; second, it consists in combining with the 'aforementioned partsa lever for lifting the rubbers oil the clothes when it is desired to introduce or remove them from the tub third, it consists in a device for holding the swinging rubbersout of contact with the stationary rubber, so as to allow the clothes to be conveniently withdrawn or inserted.
`Figure 1 is a side elevation partly in sections. Fig. 2 is a top view partly in sections.
A represents the wash-box; B, a corrugated bottom rubber; and C C, a pair of reverse-ly notched or corrugated top rubbers. These latter have pendent holders c with the end slots c", and are vibrated by a shaft, D, having two cranks, d d, on'opposite sides thereof. They also swing from a bar, E, arranged adjustably in its bearings c e. F is a lever, pivoted on top of one of the posts G Gr, and connected at the end to the middle of bar E; By means of this device, the bar with rubbers O O may be lifted up, the yokes F I1" slipped over its ends, and clothes conveniently withdrawn or inserted.
The operation is as follows The clothes being placed upon the bottom rubber B, the two top rubbers are let down uponthem, and the crank-shaft D rotated. As the opposite cranks d d revolve in the end-slotted holders c c', they carry the two top rubbers in opposite directions over the clothes. to permeate the clothes and to effectually eliminate all dirt therefrom.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
1. The two reversely operated and reversely notched top rubbers O O, combined with a `lower rubber, B, in a wash-box, A, as and for the purpose set forth.
2. The combination of the rubbers C O,hav in g slotted holders c c, through which passes the crank-shaft that moves them, in combination with the bar E and lever F, all as and for the purpose specified. 4
3. The combination of the yokes F F with the bar E, as and for the purpose specified.
To the above specification of my invention I have signed my hand this 19th day of April, A. D. 1872.
JOHN S. ORD.
M. MEAGHER, WM. M. ORD.
This causes the water A
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US131700A true US131700A (en)||1872-09-24|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US131700D Expired - Lifetime US131700A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US131700A (en)|
- US US131700D patent/US131700A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US186229A (en)||Improvement in devices for drawing pulleys from shafting|
|US138320A (en)||Improvement in cradles|
|US950975A (en)||Mechanism for converting motion.|
|US143270A (en)||Improvement in propelling boats|
|US139096A (en)||Improvement in steam-engine governor-valves|
|US166263A (en)||Improvement in folding-tables|
|US134828A (en)||Improvement in clothes-driers|
|US146934A (en)||Improvement in clothes-frames|
|US562369A (en)||Oar for row-boats|
|US563136A (en)||Myron josiah caswell|
|US140677A (en)||Improvement in treadles for sewing-machines|
|US141747A (en)||Improvement in outlet-valves for water-tanks|
|US99016A (en)||Improved sewer-excavator|
|US115073A (en)||Improvement in auxiliary springs for treadles|
|US201224A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
|US54622A (en)||Improved washing-machine|
|US141060A (en)||Improvement in ice-cream freezers|
|US146780A (en)||Improvement in treadles|
|US1004358A (en)||Drying apparatus.|