US131661A - Improvement in metallic window-frames - Google PatentsImprovement in metallic window-frames Download PDF
- Publication number
- US131661A US131661A US131661DA US131661A US 131661 A US131661 A US 131661A US 131661D A US131661D A US 131661DA US 131661 A US131661 A US 131661A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- metallic window
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E04C—STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS; BUILDING MATERIALS
- E04C3/00—Structural elongated elements designed for load-supporting
- E04C3/02—Joists; Girders, trusses, or trusslike structures, e.g. prefabricated; Lintels; Transoms; Braces
- E04C3/04—Joists; Girders, trusses, or trusslike structures, e.g. prefabricated; Lintels; Transoms; Braces of metal
- E04C2003/0404—Joists; Girders, trusses, or trusslike structures, e.g. prefabricated; Lintels; Transoms; Braces of metal beams, girders, or joists characterised by cross-sectional aspects
- E04C2003/0426—Joists; Girders, trusses, or trusslike structures, e.g. prefabricated; Lintels; Transoms; Braces of metal beams, girders, or joists characterised by cross-sectional aspects characterised by material distribution in cross section
- E04C2003/0434—Joists; Girders, trusses, or trusslike structures, e.g. prefabricated; Lintels; Transoms; Braces of metal beams, girders, or joists characterised by cross-sectional aspects characterised by material distribution in cross section the open cross-section free of enclosed cavities
D. H. CARPENTER. Improvement in Met'allic Window-Frames.
wnssl-zs UNITED STATEs PATEN DANIEL H. CARPENTER, OF HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT.
IMPROVEMENT IN METALLIC WINDOW-FRAMES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 131,661, dated September 24; 1872.
To all whom it mag concern:
Be it known that I, DANIEL H. CARPENTER, of Hartford,in the county of Hartford and State of Connecticut, have invented a new and valuable Improvement in Window -Frame; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full,
clear, and exact description of the construction and operation of the same, reference being had to the annexed drawing making a part of this specification, and to the letters and figures of reference marked thereon.
Figure 1 of the drawing is a representation of a vertical transverse, and Fig. 2 is a horizontal, section of my invention.
This inventionhasrelation to window-frames for fire-proof buildings; and the novelty consists in constructing the entire frame of sheet metal, and striking up in suitable dies the of separate plates, each of which is struck up with its interior and exterior molding flanges cf. These plates are afterward fitted and secured together, and the frame-so arranged as to cover the coarse Work of the window opening. In striking up this frame the ridges 9 may be produced from the plates composing the sides, top, and bottom of the frame; or these ridges may be afterward struck up from separate strips and secured to the frame. If the frame is intended to receive a shutter or blind, a hinge tube or barrel, B, may be made by bending the outer flange of one of the sides of the frame to the proper form.
The method of construction above described may be varied. Modifications will be readily suggested to the mechanic skilled in the erection of fire-proof buildings.
What I claim as my invention, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
The window-frame, consisting of the sheetmetal top, bottom, and sides struck up to form the molding and flanges, and secured together at the corners by riveting or otherwise, substantially as specified.
In testimony that I .claim the above I have hereunto subscribed my name in the presence of two Witnesses.
' D. H. CARPENTER.
D. D. KANE, GEORGE E. UPHAM.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US131661A true US131661A (en)||1872-09-24|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US131661D Expired - Lifetime US131661A (en)||Improvement in metallic window-frames|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US131661A (en)|
- US US131661D patent/US131661A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US3429076A (en)||Dry wall sheet metal frame|
|US2219594A (en)||Metallic window and door frame|
|US724139A (en)||Metal window-frame.|
|US3336698A (en)||Window assemblies|
|US1470251A (en)||Jamb fastening|
|US1085605A (en)||Sheet-metal trim.|
|US2740613A (en)||Fence formed of sheet material|
|US346187A (en)||Finishing of house interiors|
|US834968A (en)||Hollow fireproof double-glazed window.|
|US844944A (en)||Fireproof construction for buildings.|
|US2638189A (en)||Steel window structure|
|US1094025A (en)||Window and door.|
|US1840221A (en)||Fin or casing element for metallic window frames|
|US4494354A (en)||Door frame construction|
|US2288548A (en)||Window construction|
|US8171700B2 (en)||Hollow metal door|
|US2292301A (en)||Window frame|
|US3546815A (en)||Reversible door frame|
|US2169865A (en)||Structural frame|
|US2242499A (en)||Door construction|
|US1698064A (en)||Metallic screen|
|US3340649A (en)||Lightweight cellar doors|