US1313640A - Combined button and belt-loop - Google PatentsCombined button and belt-loop Download PDF
- Publication number
- US1313640A US1313640A US1313640DA US1313640A US 1313640 A US1313640 A US 1313640A US 1313640D A US1313640D A US 1313640DA US 1313640 A US1313640 A US 1313640A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- combined button
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000004744 fabric Substances 0.000 description 4
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 4
- 238000009958 sewing Methods 0.000 description 4
- SFBODOKJTYAUCM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 7-isopropoxyisoflavone Chemical compound C=1C(OC(C)C)=CC=C(C2=O)C=1OC=C2C1=CC=CC=C1 SFBODOKJTYAUCM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0.000 description 2
- 210000001624 Hip Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 229960005431 ipriflavone Drugs 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A41—WEARING APPAREL
- A41B—SHIRTS; UNDERWEAR; BABY LINEN; HANDKERCHIEFS
- A41B3/02—Closures, e.g. tabs
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T24/00—Buckles, buttons, clasps, etc.
- Y10T24/34—Combined diverse multipart fasteners
- Y10T24/3496—Hook including a button fastening element
OOMBINEO BUTTON AND BELT LOOP.
APPLICATION FILED AUG.26| 1918.
1,318,640. Patented Aug 19, 1919.
1m; COLUMBIA PLANOGRAPH c0.. WASHINGTON, D. c.
CHARLES os'rnN, on NEW HAVEN, CCNNECTICUT.
COMBINED BUTTON AND BELT-LOOP.
Specification of Letters Patent.
Patented Aug. 19, 1919.
Application filed August 26, 1918. Serial No. 251,434.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, CHARLES OSTEN, a citizen of the United States, residing at New Haven, in the county'of New Haven and State of Connecticut, have invented a new and useful Improvement in Combined Buttons and Belt-Loops, and do hereby declare the following, when taken in connection with the accompanying drawings and the characters of reference marked thereon, to be a full, clear, and exact description of the same, and which said drawings constitute part of this application and represent, in-- Figure 1, an outside face view of the device shown as applied to a waist-band.
Fig. 2, an inside face view of the same.
Fig. 3, a perspective view of the device detached.
Fig. 4:, a plan view of the blank from which the device is formed.
Fig. 5, inside face view illustrating a modified form of my invention.
Fig. 6, side view of the same detached.
This invention relates to an improvement in combined buttons and belt-loops, particularly adapted for the waist-band of trousers. The object of the invention is to simplify the production and mode of application, and the invention consists in the construction hereinafter described and particularly recited in the claim.
In carrying out my invention I form a disk 7 at one
end 15 of a strip 8, as shown in Fig. 4. The disk is then struck up. to form a flat button 9 like the common suspender button and the strip is folded to form a rectangular 'loop 10 comprising a front plate and a back plate formed by the ends 11 and 15 of the strip. The loop is placed over the upper edge of the waistband so that the button stands inside of the band and a belt loop is provided outside the band. The lower end 11 of the strip is passed through the fabric and may be secured by sewing through holes 12 or the end of the strip may be formed with inwardly struck prongs 1.3 as shown in Figs. 5 and 6,, which may be bent to hold the device in place. The button will be pierced as at 14 so that it may be sewed to the waist band and in some casesthis sewing through the button may be all that is necessary to secure the device in place. If desired the upper end of the button- end 15 may be pierced as shown in Fig. 3, or formed with prongs 16, as shown in Fig. 6 to permit of additional attachments, if necessary.
This device is readily formed and readily attached to a garment and forms in a single piece of metal a suspender button and a beltloop. The surface of the device maybe finished in color to harmonize with the color of the garment to which it is applied, so that the loops will not be more conspicuous than are the fabric loops now more generally used.
I claim A combined button and belt loop formed from a single strip of metal folded to form a rectangular loop comprising a front plate and a back plate formed by the ends of the strip, said plates connected at the top and bottom, one end of the strip terminating in a disk struck up to form a button.
In testimony whereof I have signed this specification in the presence of two subscribing witnesses.
FREDERIC G. EARLE, J. HAROLD FLYNN.
". Copies of this patent may be obtained for five cents each, by addressing the Commissioner 01' Patents,
Washington, D; 0.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US1313640A true US1313640A (en)||1919-08-19|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US1313640D Expired - Lifetime US1313640A (en)||Combined button and belt-loop|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US1313640A (en)|
- US US1313640D patent/US1313640A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US1313640A (en)||Combined button and belt-loop|
|US749605A (en)||A copartnership composed|
|US722049A (en)||Attachment for men's or boy's waists.|
|US1563195A (en)||Garment supporter|
|US156721A (en)||Improvement in button-fastenings|
|US138487A (en)||Improvement in buckles|
|US1519877A (en)||Combination vest and belt|
|US631641A (en)||Suspenders and waist-holder.|
|US550224A (en)||Emil git mb inner|
|US1745801A (en)||Garment fastener|
|US1780035A (en)||Garment supporter|
|US1500153A (en)||Belt-fastening device|
|US852858A (en)||Jacob m|
|US699286A (en)||Combined skirt-clasp and waist-retainer.|