US428417A - Tool for enameling watch-dials - Google PatentsTool for enameling watch-dials Download PDF
- Publication number
- US428417A US428417A US428417DA US428417A US 428417 A US428417 A US 428417A US 428417D A US428417D A US 428417DA US 428417 A US428417 A US 428417A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000004534 enameling Methods 0 description title 7
- 239000000843 powders Substances 0 description 3
- 230000003405 preventing Effects 0 description 2
- 238000006073 displacement Methods 0 description 1
- 238000009740 moulding (composite fabrication) Methods 0 description 1
- 230000000284 resting Effects 0 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B29—WORKING OF PLASTICS; WORKING OF SUBSTANCES IN A PLASTIC STATE IN GENERAL
- B29C—SHAPING OR JOINING OF PLASTICS; SHAPING OF MATERIAL IN A PLASTIC STATE, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR; AFTER-TREATMENT OF THE SHAPED PRODUCTS, e.g. REPAIRING
- B29C43/00—Compression moulding, i.e. applying external pressure to flow the moulding material; Apparatus therefor
- B29C43/02—Compression moulding, i.e. applying external pressure to flow the moulding material; Apparatus therefor of articles of definite length, i.e. discrete articles
- B29C43/18—Compression moulding, i.e. applying external pressure to flow the moulding material; Apparatus therefor of articles of definite length, i.e. discrete articles incorporating preformed parts or layers, e.g. compression moulding around inserts or for coating articles
' E. H. RYON. TOOL FOR ENAMELING WATCH DIALS.
Patented May 20, 1890 Em Away erg/Z106 5M4 WITNESSES.-
UNITED STATES ATENT OFFICE.
EPPA H. RYON, OF CANTON, OHIO.
TOOL FOR ENAMELING WATCH-DIALS.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 428,417, dated May 20, 1890.
Application filed March 10, 1890. Serial No. 343,228. (No model.) 7
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, EPPA I-I. RYON, a citizen of the United States, residing at Canton, in the county of Stark and State of Ohio, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Tools for Enameling NVatch-Dials; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description of the same, referencebeing had to the annexed drawings, making a part of this specification, and to the letters of reference marked thereon, in which- Figure 1 is a perspective view of the leveling-disk. Fig. 2 is a perspective view of a watch-dial plate. of the leveling-disk, showing the handle or knob attached thereto. Fig. 4 is a sectional view of a watch-dial plate.
The present invention has relation to tools for enameling Watch-dial plates; and it consists in the novel arrangement hereinafter described and claimed.
In the accompanying drawings, A represents theleveling-disk, which is substantially of the form shown in the drawings, and, as shown, is provided with the handle or knob a and the pin 1). The pin Z) is so adjusted that it will enter the aperture 0 in the watch-dial plate B when the leveling-disk A is placed on the plate 13. The leveling-disk A is provided with the annular flange d, which is for the purpose of striking or resting upon the edge of the flange cl upon the dial-plate B when the disk A and the plate B are placed together.
In use a sufficient amount of enamel-powder is placed upon the dial-plate B, at which time the leveling-disk A is placed over the plate B, the edges of the flanges d and 01 coming together and the pin Z) entered in the aperture 0, at which time the leveling-disk A is rotated back and forth until the enameling-powder is properly distributed and leveled upon the dial-plate B, the surplus enameling-powder being sifted out between the flanges d and d. It will be understood that, if desired, the dial-plate B maybe rotated and the same obj ect accomplished, or leveling- 3 is a sectional view disk A and the dial-plate 13 both rotated at the same time in opposite directions.
For the purpose of preventing any accidental displacement of the leveling-disk A, and at the same time providing guides, the arms or lugs e are provided, which are attached in any convenient and well-known manner to the periphery of the leveling-disk A. These arms or lugs e are inclined outward for the purpose of passing over the flange d. It will be understood that the size of the leveling-disk A is to correspond with the size of the dial-plates, and that different-sized leveling-disks are used upon different-sized dialv plates. It will alsobe understood that the leveling-plate A is to correspond in form in crosssection to the form of the dial-plate in cross.- section.
' For the purpose of preventing the levelingdisk from springing, the shoulder f is provided, which abuts against the flange g. The shoulder f may be formed integral with the leveling-plate A; or, if desired, this shoulder f may be formed integral with the pin 1).
Having fully described my invention,what I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
1. In a tool for enamelingWatch-dial plates, the disk A, provided with the pin 1) and the annular flange cl, substantially as and for the purpose specified.
2. In a tool for enameling watch-dial plates, the leveling-disk A, provided with' the handle or knob to, the pin b, and the annular flange 61, substantially as and for the purpose specified.
3. In a tool for enameling watch-dial plates, the leveling-disk A, provided with the annular flange d, the arms or lugs e, and the shoulder f, substantially as and for the purpose specified.
In testimony that I claim the above I have hereunto subscribed my name in the presence of two witnesses.
EPPA H. RYON.
F. WV. BOND, E. A. 0. SMITH.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US428417A true US428417A (en)||1890-05-20|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US428417D Expired - Lifetime US428417A (en)||Tool for enameling watch-dials|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US428417A (en)|
- US US428417D patent/US428417A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US1035483A (en)||Detachable handle for hand-baggage.|
|US499619A (en)||Alfred weed|
|US327759A (en)||Holder for tablets and pencils|
|US1013006A (en)||Door stop and retainer.|
|US62941A (en)||Improved soldering-ibon|
|US428442A (en)||Handle for lock-knobs|
|US304249A (en)||William w|
|US615336A (en)||Separable fastener|
|US378632A (en)||Claes a|
|US731778A (en)||Seat for agricultural implements.|
|US407668A (en)||Charles a|
|US255045A (en)||Joseph smith|
|US435647A (en)||Adjustable fastening for tool-handles|
|US111456A (en)||Improvement in fastenings for epaulettes|
|US110510A (en)||Improvement in keys for shaftings|