US303193A - Half to henry i - Google PatentsHalf to henry i Download PDF
- Publication number
- US303193A US303193A US303193DA US303193A US 303193 A US303193 A US 303193A US 303193D A US303193D A US 303193DA US 303193 A US303193 A US 303193A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 230000001174 ascending Effects 0.000 description 2
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 230000005484 gravity Effects 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B66—HOISTING; LIFTING; HAULING
- B66B—ELEVATORS; ESCALATORS OR MOVING WALKWAYS
- B66B13/00—Doors, gates, or other apparatus controlling access to, or exit from, cages or lift well landings
- B66B13/02—Door or gate operation
- B66B13/04—Door or gate operation of swinging doors
R. D. THAGKSTON.
SELF CLOSING HATGHW AY. No. 303,193. Patented Aug. 5, 1884 UNITED STATES PATENT FFICEQ RICHARD D. THAGKSTON, OF ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, ASSIGNOR OF ONE HALF TO HENRY I. OOE, OF SAME PLACE.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 303,193, dated August 5, 188%.
Application filed November 1, 1883. (No model.)
To all whom, it rnaly concern.-
Be it known that I, RICHARD D. THAOK- STON', of the city of St. Louis, in the State of Missou ri, have invented a certain new and useful Improvement in SelfiClosing Hatchways, of which the following is afnll, clear, and ex act description, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, forming part of this specification, and in which- I Figure 1 is an elevation, and Fig. 2 a horizontal section taken online 2 2, Fig. 1.
My invention relates to a safety attachment or gate for self-closing hatchways; and it consists in a bar, which is pivoted by one end to one of the uprights of the elevator-shaft, or to any other suitable object, in such amanner that it will be raised by the door each time the latter is opened, and fall again as the door closes to or about to ahorizontal position, so as to extend across the opening to the cage, as shown by dotted lines, Fig. 1, and by full lines, Fig. 2.
Referring to the drawings, A represents the uprights of an elevator-shaft; B, a cage; and (3, a horizontal door, which opens upwardly. All of these parts may be of any ordinary construction. I
' D represents a'bar or, strip to form a gate, pivoted by one end to one of the uprights A or other suitable object, in such a manner that when it is down in its normal position it will be across the opening or entrance to the cage, thus preventing all danger of persons getting, unintentionally, upon the closed door or doors,
and beinghurt as the door is opened by the ascending or descending cage. \Vhen the be r is down, its free end is engaged by akeeper or stop, I, secured to another one of the uprights A, or other suitable object. The bar is raised automatically by the opening door, the door being provided with a projection, J, to engage beneath the bar; or other suitable connecting means may be employed. Asthe door closes, the bar drops by gravity to its lower or normal position.
I claim as my inventionl. The combination, with a hatchway-eage and a door to be opened vertically, of a bar hinged at one side of the opening and adapted to be raised by and with the door as the cage ascends and descends, for the purpose set forth.
2. The combination, with a hatchway, of a gate hinged at one side of the cage-opening, a door having a projection by which the gate is opened and supported, and acage to open and I
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US303193A true US303193A (en)||1884-08-05|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US303193D Expired - Lifetime US303193A (en)||Half to henry i|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US303193A (en)|
- US US303193D patent/US303193A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US303193A (en)||Half to henry i|
|US235795A (en)||Hatchway-door mechanism|
|US416583A (en)||Automatic device for closing elevator-hatchway doors|
|US404618A (en)||Self-closing hatchway|
|US147853A (en)||Improvement in self-closing hatchways|
|US373554A (en)||Hatchway for elevators|
|US285437A (en)||Elevator attachment|
|US516699A (en)||Warren k|
|US445433A (en)||Automatic door and lock for elevators|
|US188727A (en)||Improvement in hatchways|
|US300677A (en)||Elevator-gate attachment|
|US868422A (en)||Well-door for dumb-waiters.|
|US320083A (en)||Automatic hatchway-guard|
|US195276A (en)||Improvement in automatic hatchway-doors|
|US503782A (en)||Door-operating device|
|US1314551A (en)||Benjamin wexler|
|US1160263A (en)||Automatic elevator-guard.|