US222755A - Improvement in bracelets - Google PatentsImprovement in bracelets Download PDF
- Publication number
- US222755A US222755A US222755DA US222755A US 222755 A US222755 A US 222755A US 222755D A US222755D A US 222755DA US 222755 A US222755 A US 222755A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000000707 Wrist Anatomy 0.000 description 6
- 210000003414 Extremities Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- 210000001503 Joints Anatomy 0.000 description 2
- 241000220010 Rhode Species 0.000 description 2
- 238000003780 insertion Methods 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A44—HABERDASHERY; JEWELLERY
- A44C—PERSONAL ADORNMENTS, e.g. JEWELLERY; COINS
- A44C5/00—Bracelets; Wrist-watch straps; Fastenings for bracelets or wrist-watch straps
- A44C5/12—C-spring-type bracelets or wrist-watch holders
A. VESTER. Bracelet.
No. 222,755. Patented Ded.16,1879.
PETERS, PNOTOUTHOGRAPHER. WASMINGIDN. D B- UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
ADOLPH VESTER, OF PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND.
IMPROVEMENT BIN BRACELETS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 222.755, dated December 16, 1879; application filed October 19, 1878.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, ADOLPH VESTER, of Providence, in the State of Rhode Island, have invented an Improvement in Bracelets, of which the following is a specification.
My invention relates to that class of bracelets where the wings which serve to encircle the wrist are pivoted to a centrally-located ornament arranged opposite the clasp; and it consists in a central ornament formed of an open-sided transverse hoop or band, by means of which the joints or inner extremities of the wings are hidden from view, and the Whole is madeto present an improved appearance.
Figure l is a sideviewh Fig. 2 is an edge view, showing the connecting-band, with its upper portion cut away in order to show the joint.
In the drawings, A is the transverse band, to which are pivoted the two wings B B at the points 21 b. The wings B B are secured around the wrist by means of the clasp O.
The openingD in the transverse band should be large enough to allow the pivoted wings B B to spread far enough to permit the insertion of the wrist between the ends of the wings, as shown by the dotted lines in Fig. 1.
If the band A is made narrow, as in some cases, both wings may be operated from a single pivot, instead of from two separate pivots, as shown in the drawings, the gist of my invention being the connection of the two wings B B of a bracelet to a transverse open ring or band by means of a pivoted joint.
I claim as my invention- The wings B B, combined with the open transverse ring or band A, substantially as described.
Soon/muss SonoLFrELn, JOSEPH J. SCHOLFIELD.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US222755A true US222755A (en)||1879-12-16|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US222755D Expired - Lifetime US222755A (en)||Improvement in bracelets|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US222755A (en)|
- US US222755D patent/US222755A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US241462A (en)||Fastening for ear-jewels|
|US296505A (en)||Gbobge a|
|US222755A (en)||Improvement in bracelets|
|US332053A (en)||Chain for bracelets|
|US1394877A (en)||Bracelet and the like|
|US20160219992A1 (en)||Jewellery clasp|
|US3427823A (en)||Locking ring for charm bracelets and the like|
|US309525A (en)||Donald e|
|US20210085040A1 (en)||Decorative connector for jewelry|
|US238998A (en)||Feanz wallach|
|US240206A (en)||And john|
|US247878A (en)||Charles a|
|US209847A (en)||Improvement in spring-bracelets|
|US240857A (en)||Nelson b|
|GB2143719A (en)||Piece of jewellery|
|USD12939S (en)||Design for an ornamental chain-link|
|USD9885S (en)||Design for a necklace|