US107157A - Improvement in sash-holders - Google PatentsImprovement in sash-holders Download PDF
- Publication number
- US107157A US107157A US107157DA US107157A US 107157 A US107157 A US 107157A US 107157D A US107157D A US 107157DA US 107157 A US107157 A US 107157A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 description 4
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05B—LOCKS; ACCESSORIES THEREFOR; HANDCUFFS
- E05B63/00—Locks or fastenings with special structural characteristics
- E05B63/18—Locks or fastenings with special structural characteristics with arrangements independent of the locking mechanism for retaining the bolt or latch in the retracted position
- E05B63/20—Locks or fastenings with special structural characteristics with arrangements independent of the locking mechanism for retaining the bolt or latch in the retracted position released automatically when the wing is closed
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/564—Swinging bolt, swinging detent
einer gaat permettra'.
CHARLES -S. BONNEY, 0F SYRAOUSE, NEW YORK.
Letters Patent No. 107,157, dated September 6, 1.870'.
To all whom 'it may concern.-
Be it known that I, CHARLES S. BONN EY, of Syracuse, State of New York, have invented a new and useful Improvement; in Sash-Lock; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full and complete description of the same, reference being had t0 the annexed drawing making a part of this' specification,
in which- Figure l is a vertical front view.
Figure 2 is a side view when the window is fastened, the dotted lines showing its position when unf'astened.
Figure 3 is a side view, showing its position when one sash is passing the other.
' Figure 4 is a side view of' the lever.
Figurel, side view of fastener.
Figure 6, front view of lever.
My invention is an improvement on the invention described in the patent granted to H. Hochstrasser, 27th September, 1853, and consists in an additional pivoted piece', whose function is to retain the stop within its case when pushed back, to allow of raising the window, said piece being so arranged as to be acted uponby the window when raised, when the piece releases the catch proper. I am aware that in the case alluded to a spring-catch is provided to perform this function, but it does so in a way substantially ditierent from minegl therefore confine my claim to the particular forin of weighted detent here inatter described.
A is a slotted plate, in which is suspended, by a pin, the lever B, and the iastene1G,the slot being enough longer and broader at the top to admit the end of' the linger to pull out the lever B.
vB is a lever with a slot in the lower end, to receive the upper end of the fastener' U. and heavy enough, so that when it is pulled over, it will by its own weight hold the fastener G back into the plate A, so as to allow the windows to pass'each other, which, when passing, the lower one will strike against the lever B, and force it back into the plate, andthereby releasing the fastener C, so that them again when they are closed.
C is a piece of such a shape that, by being hung by one upper corner, 'as in the lever B,its own weight will cause the lower end to swing ont over t-he lower sash, and thereby fasten them when they are closed.
What I claim as new, and wish to secure by Letters Batent, is'- The piece B, which is acted upon automatically by the window to release the fastening-piece.
CHARLES S. BONN EY.
Witnesses: l I
A. F. BONNEY, B. MCGUIN.
it will swing out and fasten' used lto hold the locking- .piece VCback into the slotted plate A, and which is
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US107157A true US107157A (en)||1870-09-06|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US107157D Expired - Lifetime US107157A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US107157A (en)|
- US US107157D patent/US107157A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US107157A (en)||Improvement in sash-holders|
|US212920A (en)||Improvement in blind-fasteners|
|US54286A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US88152A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fastening|
|US84987A (en)||Improvement in sash fastener and adjuster|
|US108171A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US75996A (en)||Improvement in door-buttons|
|US59521A (en)||Improvement in sash-fastenings|
|US117649A (en)||Improvement in blind-fastenings|
|US95979A (en)||Improved shutter-fastener|
|US61497A (en)||To all whom it|
|US160672A (en)||Improvement in shutter and blind fasteners|
|US62337A (en)||Willis humiston|
|US118921A (en)||Improvement in spring-locks for ventilating-sashes|
|US66595A (en)||Albert d|
|US54953A (en)||Improvement in sash-fastenings|
|US61763A (en)||Improved gate-latch|
|US108256A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
|US108480A (en)||Improvement in weather-strips|
|US70262A (en)||Improved shuttee-catches|