US7365A - Improvement in machines for washing table furniture - Google PatentsImprovement in machines for washing table furniture Download PDF
- Publication number
- US7365A US7365A US7365DA US7365A US 7365 A US7365 A US 7365A US 7365D A US7365D A US 7365DA US 7365 A US7365 A US 7365A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- table furniture
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000005406 washing Methods 0 title 1
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0 description 2
- 239000011799 hole materials Substances 0 description 2
- 230000000284 resting Effects 0 description 2
- 241000679125 Thoron Species 0 description 1
- 230000001154 acute Effects 0 description 1
- 238000009835 boiling Methods 0 description 1
- SYUHGPGVQRZVTB-YPZZEJLDSA-N radon-220 Chemical compound data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 [220Rn] SYUHGPGVQRZVTB-YPZZEJLDSA-N 0 description 1
- -1 tin Chemical compound 0 description 1
- 239000011135 tin Substances 0 description 1
- 238000007514 turning Methods 0 description 1
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B08B—CLEANING IN GENERAL; PREVENTION OF FOULING IN GENERAL
- B08B3/00—Cleaning by methods involving the use or presence of liquid or steam
- B08B3/04—Cleaning involving contact with liquid
- B08B3/10—Cleaning involving contact with liquid with additional treatment of the liquid or of the object being cleaned, e.g. by heat, by electricity, by vibration
- B08B3/12—Cleaning involving contact with liquid with additional treatment of the liquid or of the object being cleaned, e.g. by heat, by electricity, by vibration by sonic or ultrasonic vibrations
J.HOUGHTON. TABLE-FURNITURE CLEANING MAGHINE'.
m. 7,865.. Patented May 14, 1850.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JOEL HOUGHTON, or OGDEN, NEW YORK.
IMPROVEMENT IN MACHINES FOR WASHING TABLE'FURlNITURE.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 7,365, dated May 14, 1850.
had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon.
The nature '-,of},n1y invention consists. in placing the crockery orother articles of table furniture in a machine fitted to receive them, and"then-to wash them by turning a shaft'with arms and buckets so arranged as to throw the water upon thecrockery with force, and thusac tin g upon and cleansingeachj and every arti lej.
. To enable (it iers skilled in the art to make and use my invention, I will proceed to describe its construction and operation. f
I construct a cylindrical-vessel, metallic or of wood, such as A B C D E F; One side of this cylindersay one-fourth-as at A O E F, is left open from near thetop to the bottom. From the sides A U and E F of this opening are'pieces running back far enough.
the curb and is supported by the uprights G G of the frame. At one end of this shaft is a crank (Z, by which the wheel is turned This shaft 0 may be placed at right angles to the direction of the machine or at an acute.
angle, as in the shaft 0'. (Represented by dotted lines in the drawing.) The bottom of the machine slants or inclines-downward toward the outer'end the'curb, so as to give the water a tendency in that direction to be taken up by the buckets and thrown forward into the cylinder and also to draw the water off when necessarythrough a hole in the bottom of the curb. (Seen at 'e.)
Inside thev cylinder A BC D ,E F is a vertical shaft H, resting on the, center in a socket on the bottom, and which passesup through and above the top or cover .of the cylinder.
Through the top of this shaft is a hole f,
ork,have invented a new aml useful which I give it a rotary motion. Connected with this shaft is a cylindrical rack or crib g, andwhichis supported by the shaft. The diamet-e'r of the' crib is so much less than that of the cylinder as to allow it to revolve freely within it. From near the middle of the shaft, also attached to it, are other wires '5, which converge toward and are fastened to the lowerj and outer rim of the rack g. Their inclination from the center of the shaft downward and outward is about thirty degrees.
On, the bottom of the rack a hoop is placed on edge about midway'hetween the shaft and the outer rim of the rack. .The upper edge of this hoop is notched, so as to hold a plate or dish in place when put into the rack.
' The bottom of the cylinder A B C D E F being inclined toward the rim, in order to tend the water in that direction, the machine is placed in a frame, so as to raise that end which is farthest from the wheel as that the top or cover of the cylinder willlie horizontal. In order to show the operation, Ihave substituted for the cover in the drawing aero'sspiece K, to support the vertical shaft in osition. Dishes and other articles of ta 1e furniture are placed within the rackg upon the conical rack i in any position in which they can empty themselves, and so that their surfaces will beexposed to thedirection of the buckets b in, the revolution of the rack. Boiling'water is poured into the'machine and the top put on. The rack or crib containing things to be washed is. gently'made to revolve by giving a rotary motion to :the shaft H. At the same time the crank-d is turned when water is taken up by the buckets and thrown into the rack upon the surfaces of its con: tents, and this continued until they are thoron hly washed. After standinga few min ut s they become dry, are .taken out, and are ready for use without Wiping and have a bright surface. When the horizontal shaft or is inclined, as c, the force of the water as thrown from the bucket-s .will cause the rack g to revolve without other action on it. What-I claim as my invention, and desire to secure by Letters Patent,-i3' v.
The construction ofia cylin er witha cylindricalfirack supportedby an uprightflshaft resting upon and being-within and supported by thecylinder, the-rack having within it a conical rack and hoop tov receive and hold enLirc nmchine being arranged, combined, table furniture, in combination with a curb and operated substantially as is herein fully containing a horizontal wheel with buckets set forth.
to throw Water upon the cylindrical rack, the JOEL HOUGHTON. whole supported by a frame, and by these Witnesses: mechanical means cleansing the surface of GEO. C; THOMAS,
table furniture without the use of hands, the C. B. HUTCHINSON.
i z i i i i i i
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US7365A true US7365A (en)||1850-05-14|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US7365D Expired - Lifetime US7365A (en)||Improvement in machines for washing table furniture|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US7365A (en)|
- US US7365D patent/US7365A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US3496949A (en)||Dishwasher with multiple spray arm|
|US3009579A (en)||Tray and stacking device|
|US1617021A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|US3809106A (en)||Dishwasher with improved spray apparatus|
|US7905962B1 (en)||Apparatus and method for cleaning, drying and sanitizing produce|
|US3753297A (en)||Household drying machine|
|US3430638A (en)||Machine with self-centering rotating basket for washing dishes and utensils|
|US2633399A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|EP0491576A3 (en)||A pressure and rotary type washing machine and a washing method by using such|
|US2275189A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|CN103610439B (en)||A plurality of rotating brushes of a kind of washing machine|
|US1525756A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|US1886578A (en)||Washing machine|
|US3861769A (en)||Dishwasher rack|
|US703916A (en)||Orange or lemon cleaner.|
|US1214881A (en)||Automatic chicken-feeding machine.|
|US1246556A (en)||Dish-washing machine.|
|US2852030A (en)||Dishwashing machines|
|US2440161A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|US3065621A (en)||Portable washing machine|
|US1959661A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|US1671557A (en)||Dishwashing machine|
|US3056414A (en)||Article washing machine|
|US2526969A (en)||Washing machine|
|US3915349A (en)||Laundry additive dispenser|