US402721A - Cornet - Google PatentsCornet Download PDF
- Publication number
- US402721A US402721A US402721DA US402721A US 402721 A US402721 A US 402721A US 402721D A US402721D A US 402721DA US 402721 A US402721 A US 402721A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- G10—MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACOUSTICS
- G10D—STRINGED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; WIND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACCORDIONS OR CONCERTINAS; PERCUSSION MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- G10D9/00—Details of, or accessories for, wind musical instruments
- G10D9/04—Valves; Valve controls
0. G. CONN.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
CHARLES G. CONN, OF ELKHART, INDIANA.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 402,721, dated May *7, 1889.
Application filed October 30, 1886. Serial No. 217,605. (No model.)
To aZZ 2071.011?) it may concern.-
Be it known that I, CHARLES G. CONN, of Elkhart, in the county of Elkhart and State of Indiana, have invented an Improvement in Cornets, of which the following is a speeification.
My invention is an improvement in the connecting-pipes between the valve-cylinders. As heretofore constructed, these connectingpipes have been either both straight or both curved, or one of them curved and the other diagonal.
I11 my improvement I substitute a straight pipe for the curved pipein a curved and diagonal pipe-connection between the valves.
This improvement in construction makes the wind-passage more direct through the valves than with a curved and diagonal connection.
I11 order that my invention may be fully understood, I will proceed to describe it with reference to the accompanying drawing,which represents in section longitudinally of the valve-cylinders aport-ion of a cornet embodying my improvement.
The cornet is constructed with customary air-pipe, A, valve-bends B, and valve-cylinders 1 2 3. Connecting the valve-cylinders are pipes D Dthe first straight, as shown, to present at (Z (1 right angles, while the second is made straight and arranged diagonallybetween the cylinders 2 3 from opposite the valve-opening to pipe D to opposite the valveopening to pipe A.
It will be observed that the position of the connectingpipes D D may be reversed from that here shown, the diagonal pipe D being arranged between the first and second valve cylinders and the straight pipe D between the second and third valve-cylinders.
This invention is applicable to other pistonvalve musical instruments as well as cornets.
Having thus described myinvention, the following is whatI claim as new therein'and desire to secure by Letters Patent:
1. In a cornet or other piston-valve musical instrument, the combination, with the valvecylinders, of a straight connection, D, between an outside valve-cylinder and the middle valve-cylinder, and a diagonal connection, D, between the other outside valve-cylinder and the middle valve-cylinder, substantially as shown and described.
2. The combinatiomwith the valve-cylinders 1 2 3, of a straight pipe-connection, D, between the first valve-cylinder, 1, and the second valve cylinder, 2, and a diagonal pipeconnection, D, between the second valve-cylinder, 2, and the third valve-cylinder, 3, substantially as described.
CHARLES G. CONN.
E. O. BICKEL, H. B. SHERWOOD.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US402721A true US402721A (en)||1889-05-07|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US402721D Expired - Lifetime US402721A (en)||Cornet|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US402721A (en)|
- US US402721D patent/US402721A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US208986A (en)||Improvement in valves|
|US542417A (en)||Backwater and sewer-gas trap|
|US685920A (en)||Musical instrument.|
|US456546A (en)||Albert blankerts|
|US787565A (en)||Dry-pipe head.|
|US1580499A (en)||Valve-control mechanism|
|US408826A (en)||Cross for gas mains or pipes|
|US423105A (en)||Dwight p|
|US59204A (en)||Improvement in cornets and other wind-instrum ents|
|US817153A (en)||Balanced throttle-valve.|
|US762936A (en)||Means for controlling the aeration of fermenting wort.|
|US650179A (en)||Automatic cut-off.|
|US454905A (en)||Charles p|
|US193087A (en)||Improvement in meter-valves of apparatus for warming dwellings|
|US304443A (en)||Augustus iiiekley moerison|
|US756491A (en)||Steam-valve for train-pipes.|
|US695675A (en)||Reversing-gear for engines.|
|US1442782A (en)||Three-way by-pass valve|