US180210A - Improvement in clothes-pounders - Google PatentsImprovement in clothes-pounders Download PDF
- Publication number
- US180210A US180210A US180210DA US180210A US 180210 A US180210 A US 180210A US 180210D A US180210D A US 180210DA US 180210 A US180210 A US 180210A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- D—TEXTILES; PAPER
- D06—TREATMENT OF TEXTILES OR THE LIKE; LAUNDERING; FLEXIBLE MATERIALS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- D06F—LAUNDERING, DRYING, IRONING, PRESSING OR FOLDING TEXTILE ARTICLES
- D06F5/00—Hand implements for washing purposes, e.g. sticks
- D06F5/02—Plungers, dollies, pounders, squeezers, or the like
C. A. DODGE. CLOTHES POUNDER.
Na,'180,210, I Patented July 25,1876.
N4 PETERS, FHOTO-LITHOGRAFHER. WASHINGTON. D, C,
PATENT Frien- CYRUS A. DODGE, OF CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
IMPROVEMENT IN CLOTHES-POUNDERS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 180,2 10, dated July 25, 1876; application filed v 7 May 26, 1876.
. Figure 1 in the accompanying drawing rep resents a vertical sectional view. Fig. 2 representsa bottom view.
A A represent an inverted dish or basin, through the top of which is made a suitable opening, so as to receive the socket or ferrule O, and into this socket'orierrule is inserted the wooden handle H. B B is a cup or vessel, also inverted, and attached to the basin A in any convenient and suitable manner.. D D are slanting braces, attached to the ferrule G, and extending to the bottom of the cup B B, or to the bottom of the basin A A; the conner and for the purposes set forth.
nection of the handle and ferrule being direct withthe point of resistance, which is at the bottom of the washer, and standing in the form of braces, relieving the washer from the powerful strain required in clothespounders.
The washer is used in a tub or open vessel by a downward and upward motion upon the clothing, which is placed in the tub with sufficient hot suds. Pressing the washer down In testimony thatI claim the foregoing I have hereunto set my hand this 24th day of May, 1876.
CYRUS A. DODGE. Witnesses:
B. I GRANGER, TRACY W. Roo'r.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US180210A true US180210A (en)||1876-07-25|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US180210D Expired - Lifetime US180210A (en)||Improvement in clothes-pounders|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US180210A (en)|
- US US180210D patent/US180210A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US881543A (en)||Portable lavatory.|
|US160540A (en)||Improvement in attachments for sinks|
|US313320A (en)||Lauea makiett good ale|
|US268232A (en)||Clothes-washing machine|
|US33150A (en)||Improved washing-machine|
|US175186A (en)||Improvement in washing-machines|
|US146022A (en)||Improvement in wash-boilers|
|US619455A (en)||Steaming vessel|
|US82817A (en)||Improvement in wash-boilees|
|US83329A (en)||Improvement in wash-boilers|
|US41332A (en)||Improved washing-machine|
|US551377A (en)||Of coldwater|
|US930917A (en)||Kitchen utensil.|