US148898A - Improvement in saw-jointers - Google PatentsImprovement in saw-jointers Download PDF
- Publication number
- US148898A US148898A US148898DA US148898A US 148898 A US148898 A US 148898A US 148898D A US148898D A US 148898DA US 148898 A US148898 A US 148898A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N iron Chemical compound [Fe] XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0.000 description 4
- 229910000831 Steel Inorganic materials 0.000 description 2
- 229910052742 iron Inorganic materials 0.000 description 2
- 239000000203 mixture Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000010959 steel Substances 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B23—MACHINE TOOLS; METAL-WORKING NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D—PLANING; SLOTTING; SHEARING; BROACHING; SAWING; FILING; SCRAPING; LIKE OPERATIONS FOR WORKING METAL BY REMOVING MATERIAL, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23D63/00—Dressing the tools of sawing machines or sawing devices for use in cutting any kind of material, e.g. in the manufacture of sawing tools
- B23D63/08—Sharpening the cutting edges of saw teeth
- B23D63/12—Sharpening the cutting edges of saw teeth by grinding
- B23D63/14—Sharpening circular saw blades
Patented March 24,1874.
6/ I Attomsys= UNrTEn ST TES A'IET GFFIGE.
IMPROVEMENT IN SAW-JOINTERS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 148,898, dated March 24, 1874 application filed July 19, 1873.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, GEORGE S. PRINCE, of West Salisbury, in the county of Merrimack and State of New Hampshire, have invented a new and Improved Circular-Saw Jointcr, of which the following is a specification:
My invention relates to means for securing and adjusting a file-plate in the head of the jointer-frame, as hereinafter described.
Figure l is a front elevation of my improved saw-jointer. Fig. 2 is a side elevation of the jointer, also a portion of a saw. Fig. 3 is a transverse section taken on the line a; 00 of Fig. 2. a
A represents a short, flat bar of steel or iron, not quite as long as the radius of the saw. It has a crotched end, B, adapted to rest on the saw-arbor or on the collar G, as shown in Fig. 2. It also has clips, 1), attached to the edges to form guides, in which another short plate, E, is fitted to slide forward and back. This plate E has a head, F, on the outer end, in which a short, flat file, G, is secured by set-screws H or keys, so that the points of the teeth of the saw may be caused to" run against the sides and be filed off to dress them all to the same length. An adjusting-screw, J, is arranged in the stud K of the plate A and the nut L of the plate E, so as to slide the latter forward and back to adjust the J serves both to adjust the bar E on the other bar, A, and to hold it fixed in any position to which it may be adjusted, while the screws H are so arranged with the head F that the file G may be adjusted higher or lower on either side, or at either end, according to the bevel required to be given to the saw-teeth.
Having thus described my invention, I claim as new and desire to secure by Letters Patent In combination with the head F of the jointer, the file-plate Gr and screws H, arranged as shown and described, whereby said plate may be adjusted at various angles, as specified.
GEO. S. PRINCE.
IVitn esses HAMILTON GOOKIN, CHARLES E. WArsoN.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US148898A true US148898A (en)||1874-03-24|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US148898D Expired - Lifetime US148898A (en)||Improvement in saw-jointers|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US148898A (en)|
- US US148898D patent/US148898A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US148898A (en)||Improvement in saw-jointers|
|US409866A (en)||William h|
|US141975A (en)||Improvement in sawimg-machines|
|US193209A (en)||Improvement in saw-sharpener and tooth-gage|
|US238739A (en)||Sheet-metal cutter|
|US607107A (en)||Frederick wuest|
|US155950A (en)||Improvement in hand-saws|
|US151818A (en)||Improvement in hand-saws|
|US216800A (en)||Improvement in adjustable saw-handles|
|US400906A (en)||Thomas forsaith|
|US398079A (en)||Nicholas petry|
|US397834A (en)||Francis h|
|US129249A (en)||Improvement in saw-sets|
|US502978A (en)||Herbert d|
|US286018A (en)||William c|
|US146403A (en)||Improvement in mitering-machines|
|US162796A (en)||Improvement in devices for setting, filing, and jointing saws|
|US149120A (en)||Improvement in band-saw teeth|
|US146647A (en)||Improvement in devices for swaging saw-teeth|
|US172279A (en)||Improvement in saw-bench gages|
|US141572A (en)||Improvement in saw-swages|
|US406774A (en)||Gage for saws|