US13774A - Hanging window-sashes - Google PatentsHanging window-sashes Download PDF
- Publication number
- US13774A US13774A US13774DA US13774A US 13774 A US13774 A US 13774A US 13774D A US13774D A US 13774DA US 13774 A US13774 A US 13774A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000002965 rope Substances 0 description 13
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0 description 3
- 239000000463 materials Substances 0 description 2
- 241000283153 Cetacea Species 0 description 1
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0 description 1
- 230000001976 improved Effects 0 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E06—DOORS, WINDOWS, SHUTTERS, OR ROLLER BLINDS IN GENERAL; LADDERS
- E06B—FIXED OR MOVABLE CLOSURES FOR OPENINGS IN BUILDINGS, VEHICLES, FENCES OR LIKE ENCLOSURES IN GENERAL, e.g. DOORS, WINDOWS, BLINDS, GATES
- E06B3/00—Window sashes, door leaves, or like elements for closing wall or like openings; Layout of fixed or moving closures, e.g. windows in wall or like openings; Features of rigidly-mounted outer frames relating to the mounting of wing frames
- E06B3/32—Arrangements of wings characterised by the manner of movement; Arrangements of movable wings in openings; Features of wings or frames relating solely to the manner of movement of the wing
- E06B3/34—Arrangements of wings characterised by the manner of movement; Arrangements of movable wings in openings; Features of wings or frames relating solely to the manner of movement of the wing with only one kind of movement
- E06B3/42—Sliding wings; Details of frames with respect to guiding
- E06B3/44—Vertically-sliding wings
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
MICHAEL BOMBERGER, OF HUMMELSTO\VN, PENNSYLVANIA.
Specification of Letters Patent No. 13,774, dated November 13, 1855.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, MICHAEL BOMBERGER, of Hummelstown, in the county of Dauphin, in the State of Pennsylvania, have invented a new and Improved Mode of Covering or Hiding from View the Rope and Pulley Used to Support the Sash of Vindows; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full and exactl description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon.
The nature of my invention consists in concealing the rope and pulley used to balance and support the sash of windows, by a piece of wood or other material grooved, or fitted in the window over the rope and pulley in such manner as to allow the rope to run within the groove, while the sash slides along the back of the grooved piece.
To enable others skilled in the art to make and use my invention, I will proceed to describe its construction and operation.
' The window being constructed in any form in which ropes and pulleys are used, I apply to the upper half of the window, and directly over the ropes and pulleys as repre-- sented in the annexed drawings at E and F, a piece of wood or other material grooved or fitted inside as at A; so that the rope and pulley may move freely within the groove, the lower end of the rope being attached to the projecting part of the sash at C., while the weights hang within the box G.
The piece A, which I call the Rope Hider to be fastened abo-Ve between the usual window-strips by a tenon and below by a screw or in any other manner, the sash sliding along the back of the rope hider as represented at B, and the usual strip D retaining the sash in place.
Vhat I claim as my invention, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
The application to window frames in which ropes and pulleys are used to support the sash, of the piece herein described called the Rope Hider, using for the purpose of concealing from View the ropes and pulleys, a strip of wood or piece of any other niterial which will produce the intended e ect.
ELIAS J. UNGER, DAVID HARRIS.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US13774A true US13774A (en)||1855-11-13|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US13774D Expired - Lifetime US13774A (en)||Hanging window-sashes|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US13774A (en)|
- US US13774D patent/US13774A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US12640A (en)||Andrew murtatjgh|
|US14798A (en)||Double-panel shtttteb|
|US3133323A (en)||Window construction|
|US10511A (en)||Joseph w|
|US3160914A (en)||Sash weight mounting means|
|US361019A (en)||William morstatt|
|US11311A (en)||Mode oe manufacturing ikon slats foe|
|US23675A (en)||Attaching cords to window-sash|
|US2139950A (en)||Window shade|
|US2446014A (en)||Stabilizer for double hung windows|
|US106170A (en)||Improvement in hinges|
|US752454A (en)||Glazier s hammer|
|US1294169A (en)||Sliding door.|
|US1002777A (en)||Sliding window.|
|US83460A (en)||Patrick p|
|US80156A (en)||James k|
|US12327A (en)||Improvement in harvester-cutters|
|US63801A (en)||James lbfebbe|
|US5147A (en)||Fendek fob canal-boats|