ES2347635B1 - Mattress cover, perfected with viscoelastic layer. - Google PatentsMattress cover, perfected with viscoelastic layer. Download PDF
- Publication number
- ES2347635B1 ES2347635B1 ES201030128A ES201030128A ES2347635B1 ES 2347635 B1 ES2347635 B1 ES 2347635B1 ES 201030128 A ES201030128 A ES 201030128A ES 201030128 A ES201030128 A ES 201030128A ES 2347635 B1 ES2347635 B1 ES 2347635B1
- Prior art keywords
- polyurethane foam
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- 239000010410 layers Substances 0.000 title claims abstract description 44
- 239000011496 polyurethane foam Substances 0.000 claims abstract description 18
- 238000003475 lamination Methods 0.000 claims description 24
- 238000000034 methods Methods 0.000 claims description 24
- 239000004744 fabric Substances 0.000 claims description 10
- 229920000742 Cotton Polymers 0.000 claims description 6
- 238000004519 manufacturing process Methods 0.000 claims description 6
- 229920000728 polyesters Polymers 0.000 claims description 4
- 239000004814 polyurethane Substances 0.000 claims description 4
- 229920002635 polyurethanes Polymers 0.000 claims description 4
- 239000004721 Polyphenylene oxide Substances 0.000 claims description 3
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 claims description 3
- 229920000570 polyethers Polymers 0.000 claims description 3
- 238000005096 rolling process Methods 0.000 claims description 3
- 229920002994 synthetic fibers Polymers 0.000 claims description 3
- 239000000463 materials Substances 0.000 description 5
- 239000011148 porous materials Substances 0.000 description 4
- 230000000694 effects Effects 0.000 description 2
- 239000000203 mixtures Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000000126 substances Substances 0.000 description 2
- 238000006243 chemical reaction Methods 0.000 description 1
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 1
- 238000005516 engineering processes Methods 0.000 description 1
- 238000000465 moulding Methods 0.000 description 1
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A47—FURNITURE; DOMESTIC ARTICLES OR APPLIANCES; COFFEE MILLS; SPICE MILLS; SUCTION CLEANERS IN GENERAL
- A47G—HOUSEHOLD OR TABLE EQUIPMENT
- A47G9/00—Bed-covers; Counterpanes; Travelling rugs; Sleeping rugs; Sleeping bags; Pillows
- A47G9/02—Bed linen; Blankets; Counterpanes
Mattress cover perfected with a layer of viscoelastic
\ global \ parskip0.950000 \ baselineskip
The present invention aims at a sheath of mattress that is easily placed on the mattress, while provides it with a top compartment that contains in its interior viscoelastic polyurethane foam from which We improve the comfort of the mattress.
The scope of the invention is found within the manufacturing industry of mattresses and accessories.
Based on the state of the art in the field it is for all known mattress covers that protect the mattress against stains, dust and dirt.
Regarding the use of viscoelastic material, This material is used today in the textile sector of automobile, construction, furniture, sports and leisure. In particular, its use in hospitals stands out, since at produce any pressure on the body, the viscoelastic will used in medical devices such as prostheses and adaptable mattresses for people with lumbar or cervical ailments, with areas swollen or delicate bodily, or for people who spend a lot bedtime and need a rest team adaptable.
Specifically, the use of viscoelastic in the rest sector, as the main element in the manufacture of mattresses are becoming more entrenched because the benefits It offers are currently the most recommended for a break healthy: medium firmness combined with adaptability.
According to the type of viscoelastic, mainly two types of viscoelastic material are used to Mattress manufacturing: foam or molded viscoelastic.
Foamed viscoelastic is what is commonly it is called "open pore" or "open cell" and It is generally the most economical. For foam making the viscoelastic is poured on an open surface and added a chemical that, when reacting with air, grows without limitations After this process, the viscoelastic block is cut into the desired measure. In the foam viscoelastic the circulation of air is faster than in molding because the pore is larger, but as a disadvantage the sensation is significantly reduced viscoelastic
In the molded viscoelastic process manufacturing differs from foaming in that the chemical reaction between the different elements is done in a closed mold. He result is a smaller pore material where the circulation of the air is slower and the viscoelastic sensation is greater. Without however, the viscoelastic mold almost does not perspire and therefore the Warm feeling and overwhelm can be remarkable.
The ventilation of this type of material is very advantageous, since it does not need a special perspiration such as that require other types of mattress (such as natural latex), since that viscoelastic is a synthetic and porous material, so It breathes on its own and presents no moisture problems. For other On the other hand, there is another type of last viscoelastic material generation, the natural viscoelastic. In the search for new environmentally friendly materials, some laboratories Europeans have eliminated up to 30% of components derived from oil and have replaced them with others of plant origin, obtaining a more ecological and more natural smell product.
Thus, the "mattress cover perfected with viscoelastic layer "means an application of the foam of viscoelastic polyurethane in the manufacture of mattress covers which allows updating any type of mattress through the placement of a cover tailored to the mattress object that provides regarding the state of the art in the field the following advantages;
- Simplicity of assembly and attachment to mattress.
- No use of adhesive materials or products Chemicals in the manufacture and / or fixing of the elements to the layer viscoelastic
- The double-front fabric in three dimensions at be of porous composition and only three millimeters thick, facilitates perspiration of the central layer of viscoelastic
- The double-front fabric in three dimensions at Being non-slip prevents slippage and favors support to the mattress
- The manufacturing process of the invention guarantees that the properties of the viscoelastic layer do not deteriorate, by do not fix the other wrapping layers to it by sewing between both. Finally, the planned manufacturing also prevents appearance of wrinkles, slips and / or noises associated with relative movement between the different layers of the cover object of the invention or of this with respect to the mattress.
\ global \ parskip1.000000 \ baselineskip
By way of explanation of the invention "Funda of mattress perfected with viscoelastic layer "refers to a mattress cover that provides the mattress on which it is fixed a new upper compartment where a layer of foam is housed viscoelastic polyurethane, manufactured based on techniques of application of heat and lamination to form a set compact according to the following layers or constituent elements main;
- Upper wrapping layer of printed fabric or embroidery made of cotton, polyester, polyamide or different mixtures of different natural, artificial or synthetic
- Central layer and thicker foam viscoelastic polyurethane
- Bottom wrap layer of double front fabric in three dimensions in cotton and / or synthetic fibers.
To complete the manufacturing process, the set resulting from the lamination process is cut to size of the width and length of the mattress on which it would be applied, to then the entire contom is sewn to ensure a set compact and, finally, some lateral faces are incorporated wings or "fastening strips" provided with sailboats at their ends that allow the adaptation of the set to different heights or thicknesses of the mattresses on which it could be mounted.
To complement the description that is being performing and in order to help a better understanding of the characteristics of the invention, according to the preferred examples of practical realization of it, is accompanied as an integral part of said description, the figures that relate to continuation;
Figure 1.- Shows an elevation view First phase main lamination process for the embodiment of the invention.
Figure 2.- Shows an elevation view Main second phase lamination process for the embodiment of the invention.
Figure 3.- Shows a sectional view main constituent layers of the invention once it has been Lamination process completed.
Figure 4.- Shows a perspective view of the invention once it has been mounted on a mattress.
Figure 5.- Shows a perspective view of the invention once it has been mounted on a mattress and has been turned the resulting set in order to show the fixing system to the mattress.
Figure 6.- Shows an elevation view First phase main lamination process for the embodiment of the invention using polyurethane foam in joining surfaces.
Figure 7.- Shows an elevation view Main second phase lamination process for the embodiment of the invention using polyurethane foam in bonding surfaces.
Figure 8.- Shows a sectional view principal of constituent layers of the invention making use of polyurethane foam on the joint surfaces.
In them it is important to highlight the following elements;
- Viscoelastic polyurethane foam layer variable thickness
- Heat source by combustion.
- Upper wrapping layer of printed fabric or embroidery.
- Set resulting from the first phase of the process of lamination.
- Bottom wrap layer of double front fabric in cotton and / or synthetic fiber.
- Set resulting from the second phase of the process of lamination.
- Fixing elements to the mattress.
- Velcro fixing.
- Polyester-based polyurethane foam layer or polyether
- Set resulting from the first phase of the process of lamination in alternative embodiment.
- Set resulting from the second phase of the process of lamination in alternative embodiment.
By way of preferred embodiment, the "Mattress cover perfected with viscoelastic layer" se could be carried out based on the deployment of the following production processes in the order in which they are described;
It is carried out in two lamination phases according to Figure 1 and Figure 2. Thus, in the first phase of lamination, simultaneously introduce the polyurethane foam layer viscoelastic (1) of suitable thickness previously heated by a heat source (2) that provides a temperature between 900 and 1300 ° C and the upper envelope layer (3) of a fabric printed or embroidered in cotton on a cylinder calender chrome. Then the set resulting from the first phase of the lamination process (4) is combined with the wrapping layer bottom (5) of double-faced cotton fabric similarly to that already described, forming the second phase of the process of lamination until the set resulting from the second phase is obtained of the lamination process (6).
The result is the union by fusion of surfaces due to the effect of temperature and pressure forming a compact set in three layers as seen in the figure 3.
Alternatively, the lamination process in Two phases can be unified with the use of an installation of lamination provided with two burners or heat sources (2) that apply a flame simultaneously on both sides of the layer of viscoelastic polyurethane foam (1).
Then the resulting set is cut of the second phase of the rolling process (6) according to measures of standardized width and length of mattresses present in the market and are sew the entire perimeter until a perimeter closure is formed sure.
Finally, in the perimeter that makes up the length of the set sewing elements (7) are sewn to the mattress, such as wings or "fastening strips" such and as seen in figure 4. The fasteners (7) they include fixing sailboats (8) at their ends that allow the adaptation of the set to different mattress thicknesses according to shown in figure 5.
As an example of an alternative embodiment, in Figure 6, Figure 7 and Figure 8, additional use of a layer of polyurethane foam (9) of polyester or polyether base applying the flame on it until it melts completely in the successive rolling phases. So, instead of applying the flame directly on the viscoelastic polyurethane foam layer (1) would be applied on the mentioned layer of polyurethane foam (9) forming the joint by pressure with both the envelope layer upper (3) as with the lower wrapping layer (5) by the presence of molten polyurethane foam (9) on the surface of union and the effect of pressure.
It is not considered necessary to extend this description so that any subject matter expert understands the scope of the invention and the advantages derived therefrom. The technology that implements it, shape and dimensions of the elements described, the materials and their application will be susceptible of variation as long as this does not imply alteration in the essentiality of the invention.
- a first lamination phase, in which it is introduced simultaneously the viscoelastic polyurethane foam layer (1) heated by a heat source (2) that provides a temperature between 900 and 1300 ° C, and the upper envelope layer (3) in a calender of chrome cylinders, forming a set resulting from the first phase of the lamination process (4) by pressure,
- a second lamination phase, in which the foam layer is heated of viscoelastic polyurethane (1) of the assembly resulting from the first phase of the lamination process (4) and combined with the layer lower envelope (5), by simultaneously entering a chrome cylinder calender, forming a resulting set of the second phase of the rolling process (6) by Pressure,
- cut from the set resulting from the second phase of the lamination process (6) and perimeter sewing of the same, and
- sewing of fasteners (7) to the mattress
\ vskip1.000000 \ baselineskip
Priority Applications (1)
|Application Number||Priority Date||Filing Date||Title|
|ES201030128A ES2347635B1 (en)||2010-02-01||2010-02-01||Mattress cover, perfected with viscoelastic layer.|
Applications Claiming Priority (1)
|Application Number||Priority Date||Filing Date||Title|
|ES201030128A ES2347635B1 (en)||2010-02-01||2010-02-01||Mattress cover, perfected with viscoelastic layer.|
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|ES2347635A1 ES2347635A1 (en)||2010-11-02|
|ES2347635B1 true ES2347635B1 (en)||2011-07-29|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|ES201030128A Active ES2347635B1 (en)||2010-02-01||2010-02-01||Mattress cover, perfected with viscoelastic layer.|
Country Status (1)
|ES (1)||ES2347635B1 (en)|
Family Cites Families (6)
|Publication number||Priority date||Publication date||Assignee||Title|
|US5010610A (en) *||1990-01-10||1991-04-30||Span-America Medical Systems, Inc.||Multilayer supplemental support pad|
|US6770578B2 (en) *||1999-06-07||2004-08-03||Bradford Industries, Inc.||Laminated textile fabrics for use in air holding vehicle restraint systems|
|JP3569517B2 (en) *||2002-07-04||2004-09-22||東洋ゴム工業株式会社||Depressurized mattress cover|
|GB2413487B (en) *||2004-04-27||2008-11-12||Patrick Noel Daly||Overlay for a mattress|
|US7258399B2 (en) *||2005-08-19||2007-08-21||Paula S Neustat||Slipcover with integrated padded and decorative component|
|US20090320209A1 (en) *||2008-04-28||2009-12-31||Perfect Fit Industries||Foam pad having adhered spacer layer|
- 2010-02-01 ES ES201030128A patent/ES2347635B1/en active Active
Also Published As
|Publication number||Publication date|
|US20160255914A1 (en)||Article of footwear|
|US8566991B2 (en)||Method for manufacturing a waterproof and vapor-permeable shoe and shoe obtained with the method|
|US4844965A (en)||Absorptive device for incontinent patients|
|US5603791A (en)||Method of making breast prosthesis|
|CN1325030C (en)||Compression brace material with spacer fabric inner layer|
|US4823483A (en)||Shoe insert and laminating method|
|US6243896B1 (en)||Adjustable warmth duvet cover insert|
|US9601034B2 (en)||Cover assemblies for mattresses|
|RU2478331C2 (en)||Coating, products related thereto and coating production method|
|US9204742B2 (en)||Cover assemblies for mattresses|
|EP1592315B1 (en)||Moulded textile lingerie item, particularly a bra with a support region made from silicone|
|JP2012509142A (en)||Insulated insole for molded shoes and method for producing insole|
|CN102573551B (en)||Vapor-permeable shoe|
|CA2520366C (en)||Multi-layered bedclothes material|
|US20110260508A1 (en)||Vehicular Trim Applications Using Film Adhesive In Lieu Of Stitching|
|ES2252356T3 (en)||Fabric for clothing and footwear items.|
|ES2250614T3 (en)||Ventilation device for dressing clothes that allows the breathing of the human body, and procedure for the manufacture of the device.|
|US20060254088A1 (en)||Thermal liner for an article of clothing|
|EP1919328B1 (en)||Improved pillow, mattress or the like|
|JP2017522131A (en)||Mattress assembly with mattress overlay and multiple covers|
|EP0928583B1 (en)||Washable mattress cover|
|CN105640152A (en)||Mattress or mattress pad with gel section|
|EP1910597B1 (en)||Method for producing a SPACER FABRIC SHAPED TO FIT|
|EC2A||Search report published||
Date of ref document: 20101102
Kind code of ref document: A1
Ref document number: 2347635
Country of ref document: ES
Kind code of ref document: B1
Effective date: 20110729