US520260A - Clamp foe outtes blades - Google PatentsClamp foe outtes blades Download PDF
- Publication number
- US520260A US520260A US520260DA US520260A US 520260 A US520260 A US 520260A US 520260D A US520260D A US 520260DA US 520260 A US520260 A US 520260A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000000614 Ribs Anatomy 0.000 description 6
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 6
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 4
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N iron Chemical compound [Fe] XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0.000 description 2
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B02—CRUSHING, PULVERISING, OR DISINTEGRATING; PREPARATORY TREATMENT OF GRAIN FOR MILLING
- B02C—CRUSHING, PULVERISING, OR DISINTEGRATING IN GENERAL; MILLING GRAIN
- B02C2/00—Crushing or disintegrating by gyratory or cone crushers
- B02C2/10—Crushing or disintegrating by gyratory or cone crushers concentrically moved; Bell crushers
(No Model.) 2 Sheets-Sheet 1.
W. R. FEB. CLAMP Fon GUTTER BLADES.
' No. 520,260. Patented May 22, 1894.
2. t e e h s e e h S 2 (No Model.)
No, 520,260x Patented May 22, 1894.
JNVENTOR l WITNESS s ATTORNEY 'nl :um um oownnr.
rmfen; n. c,
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
IVILLIAM R. FEE, OF CINCINNATI, OHIO, ASSIGNOR TO ANDREW J. WHITE, OF SAME PLACE.
YCLAMP FOR CUTTER-BLADES.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 520,260, dated May 22, 1894.
Application filed December 27, 1892. Serial No. 456,394. (llo model.)
To @ZZ whom, it may concern,.-
Be it known that I, WILLIAM R. FEE, a citizen of the United States, residing at Cincinnati, in the county of Hamilton and State of Ohio, have invented a certain new and usefulImprovement in Clamps for Cutter-Blades, of which the following is a specification.
The obj ect of my invention is to afford convenient, speedy and efficient means of clamping and adjusting a cutter-blade to the cylinder of the hulling machine, and the invention consistsin the construction and arrangement of parts hereinafter more fully set forth.
I have illustrated my invention as applied to the cylinder of a cotton-seed huller.
In the drawings: Figure l is a view in perspective of a portion of the knife-carrying frame or cylinder of a cotton-seed huller, having my invention applied thereto, showing one of the cutter-blades or ribs removed. Figs. 2, 3, 4 and 5 are corresponding views of the clamping block, cotter or key, cutterblade or' rib, and supporting-strip for the cutter-blade, respectively. lFig. 6 is an end sectional elevation of the cylinder mounted in a hulling frame.
A represents the knife-carrying frame or cylinder of a hulling machine, and a ca longitudinal grooves therein, preferably Wedgeshaped. One Wall of each of these grooves is provided with an overhanging ledge a.
B is a clamping-block, preferably wedgeshaped, adapted to take intothe grooves ct and having on one side a longitudinal tenon b adapted to take under the ledge ct. The upper edge of this tenon hasa'slight longitudinal taper corresponding to the taper of a cotter or key C adapted to be driven between the tenon and the ledge a. The thickness of the clamping-block is less than the width of the groove in order that a cutter-blade or rib D may be placed between the clampingblock and one wall of the groove. By driving the key the clamping-block is forced deeper into the groove and the cutter-bladev is heldin place by its gripping action. When the cutter-blade is worn, or for any reason it becomes desirable to adjust its position, it is only necessary to drive out the key, place the cutter-blade in the desired position and again clamp it in place. I prefer to place supporting strips E, of wood or other suitable material, underthe inner edge of thecutter-blade to guard against any danger that it may be forced inward by the working pressure. By varying the thickness of these strips the cutter-blades may be supported in any desired position. It is obvious that either the ledge or the tenon or both may be made tapering.
F, is a hulling frame provided with a row of knives, arranged on the periphery of the frame and projecting inwardly so as to approach the circle on which the knives mounted in the cylinder travel.
H represents a hopper through which the material to be hulled passes to the cylinder. After passing around the cylinder the hulled material falls through the opening, I, into a suitable receptacle.
l. The combination in a clamp for cutterblades of aframe, a groove therein having a ledge on one Wall thereof, a Wedge-shaped clamping-block having a tenon adapted to take under the ledge, and a key taking between the ledge and the tenon, .substantially as and for the purpose specied.
2. The combination of a frame, a groove therein provided with a ledge,a cutter-blade,
a wedge-shaped clamping-block provided with a tapering tenon, and a key, substantially as and for the purpose specified.
3. The combination of a cylinder, a groove therein; a cutter blade taking against the wall of the groove; a clamping block taking into the groove and against the cutter blade, and a key taking against the wall of the groove adapted to force the clamping block against the cutter blade, substantially as and for the purpose set forth.
4. The combination of the frame A, the groove a having ledge a', the clamping-block B provided with tenon h, the cutter-blade D, the supporting strips E, and the key C, Isubstantially as and for the purpose specified.
, WILLIAM R. FEE.
Aueusr F. HERBSBB, JAMES N. RAMSEY.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US520260A true US520260A (en)||1894-05-22|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US520260D Expired - Lifetime US520260A (en)||Clamp foe outtes blades|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US520260A (en)|
- US US520260D patent/US520260A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US520260A (en)||Clamp foe outtes blades|
|US658288A (en)||Crusher and pulverizer.|
|US80531A (en)||Allan t|
|US46149A (en)||Improvement in machines for cutting staves|
|US268767A (en)||Machine for cutting sheets of veneer|
|US205550A (en)||Improvement in machines for splitting wood|
|US257966A (en)||Henry midwood|
|US259010A (en)||Cutter for wood-splitting machines|
|US499621A (en)||Cutter-head for rasp-punching machines|
|US759381A (en)||Pea-picking machine.|
|US35142A (en)||Improvement in stave-machines|
|US145437A (en)||Improvement in angle-iron cutters|
|US299931A (en)||Machine for hulling cotton-seed|
|US407159A (en)||Machine for cutting shoe uppers|
|US709760A (en)||Seed-cake trimmer.|
|US290439A (en)||Splint-cutting machine|