US206473A - Improvement in shaving apparatus - Google PatentsImprovement in shaving apparatus Download PDF
- Publication number
- US206473A US206473A US206473DA US206473A US 206473 A US206473 A US 206473A US 206473D A US206473D A US 206473DA US 206473 A US206473 A US 206473A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 240000006028 Sambucus nigra Species 0.000 description 2
- 206010022114 Injuries Diseases 0.000 description 1
- 210000000088 Lip Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 210000003491 Skin Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 238000009966 trimming Methods 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B26—HAND CUTTING TOOLS; CUTTING; SEVERING
- B26B—HAND-HELD CUTTING TOOLS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B26B21/00—Razors of the open or knife type; Safety razors or other shaving implements of the planing type; Hair-trimming devices involving a razor-blade; Equipment therefor
- B26B21/08—Razors of the open or knife type; Safety razors or other shaving implements of the planing type; Hair-trimming devices involving a razor-blade; Equipment therefor involving changeable blades
- B26B21/14—Safety razors with one or more blades arranged transversely to the handle
- B26B21/24—Safety razors with one or more blades arranged transversely to the handle of the magazine type; of the injector type
J. MONKS, Shaving Apparatus. No. 206,473. Patented July 30, 1878.
"4mm PNUTO-LITHOGRAPHER, WASHINGTON. e. c
UNITED STATES PATENT -QFFICE.
JOHN MONKS, OF GLOUCESTER, ENGLAND.
IMPROVEMENT IN SHAVING APPARATUS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 206,473, dated July 30, 1878; application filed December 3, 1877 patented in England, November 6, 1874, and April 26,1875.
To all whom it may concern Be it known that I, JOHN MONKS, of the city and county of Gloucester, England, have invented an Improvement in ShavingApparatus, of which the following is a specification:
This apparatus is intended for shaving the heard, but it may be employed for trimming the hair, or removing the same from the skin of any animal.
I make use of a blade that is clamped and held in a frame, in combination with a guardplate that is provided with interstices, and is adjustable relatively to the blade, and provided with a plate at right angles, or nearly so, to the blade to form a handle.
In the drawings, Figure 1 represents the cutting-blade. Fig. 2 is a plan of the apparatus complete. Fig. 3 is a vertical longitudinal section.- Fig. 4 is a perspective view at one side of the apparatus. Fig. 5 is similar view of the'other side. Fig. 6 is a cross-section of the apparatus in a slightly-modified form. Fig. 7 is a perspective view of the same, and Fig. 8 is a front view thereof.
a is the main portion of the apparatus, forming a frame or handle, by which the instrument is grasped when in use. The outting-blade'c is received within the flanges or holders 1), that are at right angles, or nearly so, to the plate a. The blade is held in position by the spring (I, Fig. 5, or by the clamping-screw c, Fig. 6. The lips e, that are upon the plate a, are turned over to hold the interstitial guard-plate f, that has openings adjacent to the blade 0. The interstitial guard-plate is moved up to the side of the blade, in the form shown in Figs. 3 and 4, or the blade is pressed against the interstitial guard-plate, in the form shown in Fig. 7. In this last figure the interstitial guardplate is made a part of the plate a.
It is to be understood that the plate a forms a handle, by which the instrument is held while in use, and that the blade is to occupy the same position to the beard that an ordinary razor does when in use; but the guard-plate serves as a gage, that slides over the surface and lessens the risk of injury to the person when in use.
The blade is to be removed to any suitable holder while being sharpened or strapped.
I claim as my invention-- In combination with a cutting'blade, clamped and held in a suitable frame, a guard-plate provided with interstices adjustable relatively to the blade, and having the plate a, that extends at right angles, or nearly so, to the blade and forms a handle, substantially as set forth.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US206473A true US206473A (en)||1878-07-30|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US206473D Expired - Lifetime US206473A (en)||Improvement in shaving apparatus|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US206473A (en)|
- US US206473D patent/US206473A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|JP3179486B2 (en)||Safety razor|
|US8261451B2 (en)||Razor having separate blade groups for shaving and trimming/sculpting|
|US3593416A (en)||Safety razor|
|US6018877A (en)||Versatile finger retained razor|
|US20070006463A1 (en)||Integrated wet shaving and trimming implement|
|US2587964A (en)||Haircutting and trimming device|
|US6164290A (en)||Double-sided safety straight razor|
|US20110010943A1 (en)||Electric shaver|
|US4989328A (en)||Dual headed razor assembly|
|US4208791A (en)||Arcuate razor head|
|PT85384B (en)||A shaving machine for shaving a face with "pseudofolliculitis barbae"|
|US3765089A (en)||Knife with adjustable blade|
|US2736964A (en)||Chiropodist's knife|
|BG98795A (en)||Shaving device|
|CS180091A3 (en)||Two cutting edges blade set for use in a safety razor|
|US20100011586A1 (en)||Hair Trimmers|
|US20160255938A1 (en)||Beard Bro Facial Hair Shaping Multi-Tool|
|US2547376A (en)||Eyebrow shaver|
|US4782590A (en)||Personal grooming device|
|US20020189104A1 (en)||Stiles razor|
|US2906021A (en)||Skinning knife|
|US4700477A (en)||Eyebrow trimmer|
|US3816913A (en)||Razor with adjustable blade cartridge|
|US369314A (en)||Sksnning-knife attachment|