US186096A - Improvement in bread-cutters - Google PatentsImprovement in bread-cutters Download PDF
- Publication number
- US186096A US186096A US186096DA US186096A US 186096 A US186096 A US 186096A US 186096D A US186096D A US 186096DA US 186096 A US186096 A US 186096A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 3
- 230000001105 regulatory Effects 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B26—HAND CUTTING TOOLS; CUTTING; SEVERING
- B26B—HAND-HELD CUTTING TOOLS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B26B29/00—Guards or sheaths or guides for hand cutting tools; Arrangements for guiding hand cutting tools
- B26B29/06—Arrangements for guiding hand cutting tools
- B26B29/063—Food related applications
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T83/687—By tool reciprocable along elongated edge
- Y10T83/6905—With tool in-feed
- Y10T83/6945—With passive means to guide tool directly
- Y10T83/695—By plural opposed guide surfaces
No.186.,09.6. Patented Jan.9, 1877.
NFEIERS, PHOTO-UTHUGRAPHER WASHINGTON, C.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFIcE.
ALEXANDER ANDERSON, OF LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA.
IMPROVEMENT IN BREAD-CUTTERS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 186,096, dated January 9, 1877; application filed August 21, 1876.
, To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, ALEX. ANDERsoN, of London, in the county of Middlesex, Province of Ontario, Dominion of Gan-ada,have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Bread-Gutters; and I do hereby declare the following to be a full, clear, and exact description of the invention, such as will enable others skilled in the art to which it pertains to make and use it, reference being bad to the accompanying drawings, which form part of this specification, in which is a perspective view of my invention.
My invention has relation to bread-cutters; and consists in the construction and combination of parts, as hereinafter described and claimed.
Referring to the accompanyin g drawing, A designates a box of any suitable construction, having sides B B, in which are cut vertical, saw-kerfs b 12, forming guides for the knife G. Said knife is of the peculiar construction shown, having a serrated or ragged edge, 0, a handle, c ,and a rivet, 0 The object of the rivet c (which passes through the round openings 1) b in the sides B B when the knife is being inserted in the guides) is to prevent said knife from being accidentally withdrawn from said guides when the cutting or slicing operation is goingon. D is the gage, notched at d d to fit it to the sides B B, and provided with set-screws d d, by means of which its distance from the knife 0 is regulated. E represents the front of the box, its upper edge serving as a rest or cutter bar for the knife 0. Said upper edge is beveled, as shown at c, forming a slope from the line of contact of the knife down to the gage D, so that as soon as a slice is severed from the loaf it topples over said gage and falls down out of the way, permitting the loaf to be advanced until its front meets said gage, and allowing the slicing operation to be very quickly performed.
What I claim as my invention is- The improved bread-cutting apparatus, consisting, essentially, of the box A, having the sides B B, one of which may be lower than the other, the guides b b, terminating in eyes b, the adjustable gage D, having set-screws d, the serrated knife 0, having pin 0 and the inclined way 6, all combined substantially as shown and described, and for the purpose set forth.
In testimony that I claim the foregoing I have hereunto set my hand this 7th day of August, 1876.
ALEX. ANDERSON. Witnesses:
M. DANL.CONNOLLY, JOHN I. GREEN.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US186096A true US186096A (en)||1877-01-09|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US186096D Expired - Lifetime US186096A (en)||Improvement in bread-cutters|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US186096A (en)|
- US US186096D patent/US186096A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US186096A (en)||Improvement in bread-cutters|
|US172739A (en)||Improvement in fur-cutting knives|
|US208046A (en)||Improvement in wire-band cutters|
|US148594A (en)||Improvement in tobacco-cutters|
|US296036A (en)||William millspaugh|
|US366920A (en)||De fobest bullock|
|US289864A (en)||Machine for cutting tobacco|
|US179251A (en)||Improvement in straw-cutters|
|US184471A (en)||Improvement in vegetable cutter and slicer combined|
|US195722A (en)||Improvement in gages for tobacco-cutters|
|US195750A (en)||Improvement in|
|US1122748A (en)||Cutting implement.|
|US355081A (en)||Samuel p|
|US41725A (en)||Improvement in button-hole cutters|