US93623A - Improvement in vulcanizing rubber for dental plates and for other purposes - Google PatentsImprovement in vulcanizing rubber for dental plates and for other purposes Download PDF
- Publication number
- US93623A US93623A US93623DA US93623A US 93623 A US93623 A US 93623A US 93623D A US93623D A US 93623DA US 93623 A US93623 A US 93623A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- vulcanizing rubber
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 229920001971 elastomer Polymers 0.000 title description 10
- 240000002027 Ficus elastica Species 0.000 description 4
- 229920001195 polyisoprene Polymers 0.000 description 4
- 239000004576 sand Substances 0.000 description 4
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 3
- 229920000591 gum Polymers 0.000 description 1
- 229910052742 iron Inorganic materials 0.000 description 1
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B29—WORKING OF PLASTICS; WORKING OF SUBSTANCES IN A PLASTIC STATE IN GENERAL
- B29C—SHAPING OR JOINING OF PLASTICS; SHAPING OF MATERIAL IN A PLASTIC STATE, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR; AFTER-TREATMENT OF THE SHAPED PRODUCTS, e.g. REPAIRING
- B29C35/00—Heating, cooling or curing, e.g. crosslinking or vulcanising; Apparatus therefor
- B29C35/02—Heating or curing, e.g. crosslinking or vulcanizing during moulding, e.g. in a mould
yum (jf. ik'
PATENTE@ AUG lO i869 UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
OYRUS KELSEY, OF MOUNT IVERNON, OHIO.
IMPROVEMENT IN VULCANIZING RUBBER FOR DENTAL PLATES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSESi Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 93,623, dated August 10, 1'869.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, CYRUs M. KELSEY, of Mount Vernon, in the county of Knox, in the State of Ohio, have invented a new and Improved Method of Vulcanizing Rubber for Dental and other Purposes; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings of my improved apparatus, in Which- Y Figure 1 represents a vertical central section. Fig. 2 represents the top view or plan of dask, and Fig. 3 represents the side elevation of the same. y
The nature of m`y invention consists in packing the flask (containing the rubber gum and teeth prepared as by the old method) in sand or such like material the sand being placed around the flask inside the vulcanizer, the object of which is to prevent the rubber from burning, and to retain, modify, and equalize the heat. Second, it affords an opportunity to insert a try-piece, by which the exact state ofthe rubber in the ask can be easily ascertained without affecting the heat or condition of the rubber in the flask, thereby enabling the operator to; know just when the material he wishes tovulcanize is sufliciently done.
To enable others skilled in the artl to use my invention, I will proceed to describe the operation, &c.
The vulcanizer A consists of a cylinder of sheet-iron or other material, as in drawings, and a cap or cover, B, for the same.
In the cylinderAis poured sand to the depth of an inch, more or less. Then the flask C is put in, and the sand poured around and over to the depth of an inch. The cap B is then put on over the flask and contents.
for the thermometer and one for the try-piece b. The tube a in the top, in which the thermometer is placed, runs down to the iiask C, in which the rubber is put, and therefore denotes the exact heat.
The whole is then placed into a jacket, D,
as by the old mode, and heat, either by gas or burninguid of some kind, is applied. The degrees of heat run from 3200 to 3800 Fahrenheit, varying according to the diierent kinds of rubber to be vulcanized.
What I claim as my invention,.and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
The vulcanizing of rubber fordental and other purposes by meansv ot' a sand-bath and try-piece, &c., as above described.
But more specificallyl. As an improvement in the method of vulcanizing india-rubber, the use of a sand-bath combined with'a ask, in the manner above `substantially set forth.
2. In combination with a sand-bath and ask for vulcanizing india-rubber, the employment of a thermometer, substantially in the manner described.
3. In combination with a sand-bath and Hask for vulcanizing india-rubber, the employment of a try-piece, substantially as above 'set forth. v
4. In combination with a sand-bath and flask for vulcanizing india-rubber, the employment of a trypiece and thermometer, substantially in the manner set forth.
CYRUS M. KELSEY.
Witnesses z ELU. FoWLER, ED. KELSEY.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US93623A true US93623A (en)||1869-08-10|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US93623D Expired - Lifetime US93623A (en)||Improvement in vulcanizing rubber for dental plates and for other purposes|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US93623A (en)|
- US US93623D patent/US93623A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US93623A (en)||Improvement in vulcanizing rubber for dental plates and for other purposes|
|US55465A (en)||Improvement in dental impre ssion-cups|
|US216250A (en)||Improvement in processes and apparatus for the manufacture of dental plates|
|US782537A (en)||Molding apparatus.|
|US723275A (en)||Dental flask.|
|US680432A (en)||Cement-post-molding machine.|
|US1254942A (en)||Flask-closing apparatus for vulcanizers.|
|US68548A (en)||James b|
|US62967A (en)||Wallace t|
|US56703A (en)||Improved brick-machine|
|US659747A (en)||Dental vulcanizer and celluloid-press.|
|US159442A (en)||Improvement in dental flasks for rubber|
|US72337A (en)||Harry stroud|
|US217789A (en)||Improvement in apparatus for the manufacture of glass pipe|
|US70426A (en)||Improved ozone-geneeatoe|
|US81928A (en)||Improved beiok-maohine|
|USRE2810E (en)||Improved brios-maceife|
|US56945A (en)||Improved dentist s vulcanizer|
|US384509A (en)||Heater for dental flasks|
|US198706A (en)||Improvement in measuring apparatus for seed-heaters|
|US83029A (en)||Improvement in packer, for packing- sand in moulders flasks|
|US70656A (en)||William weaver|