US442955A - sei del - Google Patentssei del Download PDF
- Publication number
- US442955A US442955A US442955DA US442955A US 442955 A US442955 A US 442955A US 442955D A US442955D A US 442955DA US 442955 A US442955 A US 442955A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000003811 Fingers Anatomy 0.000 description 5
- 210000003813 Thumb Anatomy 0.000 description 5
- 281000037551 Charles G. Conn companies 0.000 description 1
- 210000004247 Hand Anatomy 0.000 description 1
- 238000004140 cleaning Methods 0.000 description 1
- 230000003340 mental Effects 0.000 description 1
- G10—MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACOUSTICS
- G10D—STRINGED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; WIND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; ACCORDIONS OR CONCERTINAS; PERCUSSION MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; AEOLIAN HARPS; SINGING-FLAME MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- G10D7/00—General design of wind musical instruments
- G10D7/10—Lip-reed wind instruments, i.e. using the vibration of the musician's lips, e.g. cornets, trumpets, trombones or French horns
(No Model.) 2 SheetsSheet 1.
O. G. CONN & W. F. SEIDEL. CORNET.
No. 442,955. Patented Dec. 16, 1890.
. I I I.
m: namm Pums cu, Puma Tum, msumcmu, u c.
(No Model.) 2 sheets Sheet '2.
G. G. CONN & W. P. SEIDEL.
No. 442,955. I Patented Dec. 16, 1890.
V/bfzzesaes/ [n Mental 7s.
' mm. 4.697% J27 m fXM UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
CHARLES G. CONN AND WVILLIAM F. SEIDEL, OF ELKHART, INDIANA; SAID SEIDEL ASSIGNOR TO SAID CONN.
SPEGIFICATIQNforming part of Letters Patent No. 442,955, dated December 16, 1890.
Application filed April 11, 1890. $crial N0. 34:7,458. (No model.)
To all whOm it may concern:
Be it known that we, CHARLES G. CONN and WILLIAM F. SEIDEL, both citizens of the United States, residing at Elkhart, in the 5 county of Elkhart and State of Indiana, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Cornets; and we do hereby declare that the following specification,taken in connection with the accompanyingdrawings, is a full, clear, and exact description of our improvements, such as will enable those skilled in the art to which it appertains to make and use the same.
Our invention consists of attachments to I the well-known pitch-slides and key-slides to provide more convenient and effectual means for moving said extensions for varying the pitch or key of the instrument.
In order that our invention may be fully understood, we will first describe the same with reference to the accompanying drawings, and then more particularly point out in the claims the novel points.
In said drawings, Figure I is a side eleva- 2 5 tion of an instrument with our improvements attached, part of the mouth-pipe being broken away to show the key-slide attachment. Fig. II is a detail View of the pitch-slide removed; and Fig. III is a detail view of the key-slide removed, showing the guide-rod detached.
A represents a cornet, and B is the U- shaped pitch-slide.
C is a thumb-piece and D a finger-piece attached to one arm I) of said slide by suit- 3 5 able connecting rods or parts 0 and d, re-
spectively. These thumb and finger pieces are operated upon by the thumb and finger of the left hand for moving the pitch-slide in and out to vary the pitch of the instrument.
0 E is the U-shaped key-slide inserted in the third bend of the mouth-pipe, its object being to change the key of the instrument from B-fiat to A. Attached to the middle of this U-shaped slide is a projection F, in which is i 5 formed a square socket f.
G is a guide-rod adapted to slide in supporting-socketsg g, attached to one of the valve-slides of the instrument. This rod G has a thumb-piece H on one end and the other end squared and beveled, so as to fit 5o snugly in the socket f, so that the key-slide can be moved by said rod. This slide is adapted'to be moved outward by the thumb of the right hand and inward by the fingers of the left hand. By these finger and thumb attachments the slides can be accurately and quickly moved to any desired point with little or no trouble and without removing the hands from their normal positions.
The rod G is detachably connected to the key-slideE to allow said slide to be removed for cleaning.
Having thus described our invention, what We claim as new therein, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
1. In combination with a cornet, a pitch slide B, having thumb-piece C and fingerpiece D, for the purpose herein set forth.
2. In combination with a cornet, a key-slide E, and a guide-rod G, detachably connected to said slide, for the purpose herein set forth.
3. In combination with a cornet, a key-slide E, having attached to it a projection F, in which is formed a squared socket f, and a guide-rod G, having a thumb-piece H on one end and its other end squared to fit said socket f, substantially in the manner and for the purpose herein set forth.
4:. In a cornet, the combination of the pitchslide provided With thumb and finger pieces, with the key-slide provided with a guide-rod and thumb-piece, for the purpose herein set forth.
CHARLES G. CONN. YVM. F. SEIDEL.
O'rro CLEMENT, W. J. ERNEST.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US442955A true US442955A (en)||1890-12-16|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US442955D Expired - Lifetime US442955A (en)||sei del|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US442955A (en)|
- US US442955D patent/US442955A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US442955A (en)||sei del|
|US468116A (en)||Peter robinson|
|US541514A (en)||Combined bevel|
|US870021A (en)||Nasal snare.|
|US1230901A (en)||Adjustable t-square.|
|US52580A (en)||Improvement in bugles, horns, cornets|
|US1061885A (en)||Brass wind musical instrument.|
|US331679A (en)||Tuning attachment for cornets|
|US850775A (en)||Chin-rest and shoulder-pad support.|
|US1122103A (en)||Combined brush and comb.|
|US1555986A (en)||Tuning device|
|US1074458A (en)||Stringed musical instrument with interchangeable necks.|
|US847340A (en)||Key-changing attachment for cornets.|
|US1330806A (en)||Musical wind instrument|
|US1201039A (en)||Musical wind instrument.|
|US1212304A (en)||Tunning instrument.|
|US1013037A (en)||Flute attachment.|