US428241A - Bank vault - Google PatentsBank vault Download PDF
- Publication number
- US428241A US428241A US428241DA US428241A US 428241 A US428241 A US 428241A US 428241D A US428241D A US 428241DA US 428241 A US428241 A US 428241A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Expired - Lifetime
- 229910000831 Steel Inorganic materials 0 description 7
- 239000010959 steel Substances 0 description 7
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0 description 3
- 230000001965 increased Effects 0 description 2
- 239000000203 mixtures Substances 0 description 2
- 230000002633 protecting Effects 0 description 2
- 229910000746 Structural steel Inorganic materials 0 description 1
- 239000011449 brick Substances 0 description 1
- 239000004568 cement Substances 0 description 1
- 239000011514 iron Substances 0 description 1
- XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N iron Chemical compound data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 [Fe] XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0 description 1
- 229910052742 iron Inorganic materials 0 description 1
- 230000004224 protection Effects 0 description 1
- 230000002829 reduced Effects 0 description 1
- 230000001603 reducing Effects 0 description 1
- 239000011257 shell materials Substances 0 description 1
- 239000004575 stone Substances 0 description 1
- 230000002459 sustained Effects 0 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05G—SAFES OR STRONG-ROOMS FOR VALUABLES; BANK PROTECTION DEVICES; SAFETY TRANSACTION PARTITIONS
- E05G1/00—Safes or strong-rooms for valuables
- E05G1/024—Wall or panel structure
(No Model.) 2 ShetsShee1; 1.
G. O. YALE.
No. 428,241. Patented May 20, 1890.
WITNESSES: I INVENTDB mW/tm, BY
(No Model.) I 2' Sheets-Sheet 2.
C. 0. YALE.
BANK VAULT. No. 428.241. Patented May 20, 1890;
WITNESSESL INVENTOR m BY W wm - ATTORNEY UNITED STATES PATENT ()FFICE.
CHARLES O. YALE, OF NEW YORK, N. Y.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 428,241, dated May 20, 1890.
Application filed July 16, 1889. Serial No. 317,735. (No model.)
To all whom it mag concern: T
Be it known that I,CHARLES O. YALE, of the city, county, and State of New York, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Burglar-Proof Bank-Vaults, whereof the following is a specification, reference being had to the annexed drawings, in which Figure 1 represents the vault as seen from the front, showing a part of the surface broken away and exhibiting the construction of the walls. Fig. 2 is a horizontal transverse section showing a part of the floor-plates broken away, exposing the metallic floor.
My invention relates to bank-vaults inclosed by metallic walls, floor, and roof of interlocking railroad-rails, outside of which on all sides is the masonry surrounding the whole.
The improvement embodies a new system of constructing the metallic walls, whereby the railroad-rails are protected, the power of resistance is increased, and the cost is reduced.
In constructing the Vault according to my improvements a foundation A is prepared, as usual, and on this is laid thick drill-proof plates B of steel, or steel and iron welded, covering the foundation completely. These plates are bent at the corners and carried up vertically, as C. The wall D of railroad-rails, the construction of which is well understood, is laid upon and against these plates with the base of the rails outward, and the plates are secured to the rails as they are laid in place to form the walls, floor, and roof. -On the inside face of the rails other plates E are applied, covering the floor F of railroad-rails, the wall D, and the ceiling, and secured to the rails, as in the case of the outer plates I C. The metallic Wall is thus composed of the railroad-rails laid up within an inner and an outer sheathing of steel, covering and protecting the entire structure within and without. This construction of metallic Wall is less expensive than that wherein the railroad-rails are sustained by angle-iron applied at the corners and a lining of two or more thicknesses then applied to the inside. A single thickness of drill-proofplate outside the wall, with the same inside, is superior to a number of thicknesses applied to the inside only. At the same time the angle-form sustaining-irons for the corners are superseded, thus reducing the aggregate cost,while in creasing the security. The usual mason-work G, of brick or stone and cement, is built around the metallic wall aforesaid. In practice I cause a number of steel bars H to be embedded in the wall to increase the difficulty of gaining an entrance through it, and care is taken to lay the inner course of these bars directly against the outer steel sheathing of the wall D, whereby additional protection is given to such plates by increasing the difficulty of removing them, in case the effort to penetrate the vault should reach so far.
I claim as my invention- 1. In a bank-vault, the combination, with a wall built from railroad-rails, of an out-side shell and an inside lining of steel plates for holding the rails in position and protecting the surface thereof.
2. In a bank-vault, the combination, with 'a the outer sheathing of steel plates, as set forth.
In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 29th day of June, 1889.
. CHARLES O. YALE.
In presence of- JAMES M. TULLY. JOHN W. WATERS.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US428241A true US428241A (en)||1890-05-20|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US428241D Expired - Lifetime US428241A (en)||Bank vault|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US428241A (en)|
- US US428241D patent/US428241A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US6003271A (en)||Pre-cast security vault|
|EP1792024A1 (en)||Insulated concrete form system with variable length wall ties|
|USRE15979E (en)||Construction tie|
|Selby||Tunnelling in soils–ground movements, and damage to buildings in Workington, UK|
|US20100154348A1 (en)||Construction for buildings protected against radiation|
|US6273007B1 (en)||Modular security safe panels and method of manufacturing same|
|US2270846A (en)||Building construction|
|US1685247A (en)||Studding for building structures|
|US1353702A (en)||Building construction|
|US884354A (en)||Marine concrete construction.|
|US1056955A (en)||Waterproof burial-vault.|
|US903907A (en)||Building brick or block.|
|US3259679A (en)||Method of making a concrete safe|
|AU2009209379B2 (en)||Mine seal with adhesive|
|US3732831A (en)||Modular concrete vault structure|
|US20050284089A1 (en)||Method for the production of a building construction as well as formwork therefor|
|US1340656A (en)||Wall construction for mausoleums|
|US3350826A (en)||Wall with a footing and method for constructing same|
|US6637353B2 (en)||Modular security safe with offset security bolt box and method of manufacturing same|
|US459051A (en)||Iron roof or other structure|
|US825777A (en)||Fireproof door.|
|US6848372B2 (en)||Modular security safe with offset security bolt box having expandable characteristics and method of manufacturing same|
|US1063318A (en)||Safe or vault wall.|
|US1188959A (en)||Wall for buildings.|