US4184A - Cooking-stove - Google PatentsCooking-stove Download PDF
- Publication number
- US4184A US4184A US4184DA US4184A US 4184 A US4184 A US 4184A US 4184D A US4184D A US 4184DA US 4184 A US4184 A US 4184A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N iron Chemical compound data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 data:image/svg+xml;base64,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 [Fe] XEEYBQQBJWHFJM-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0.000 description 2
- 239000002184 metal Substances 0.000 description 1
- 239000000126 substances Substances 0.000 description 1
- F—MECHANICAL ENGINEERING; LIGHTING; HEATING; WEAPONS; BLASTING
- F24—HEATING; RANGES; VENTILATING
- F24B—DOMESTIC STOVES OR RANGES FOR SOLID FUELS
- F24B1/00—Stoves or ranges
e. 1. wooLsoN.
Patented Sept. 9, 1845.
N. PETans. mwmhogngmer. washnma il SAT S OFFICE.
CHARLES J. WOOLSON, OF CLEVELAND, OHIO.
Specification of Letters Patent No. 4,184, dated September 9, 1845.
To all whom t may concern:
Be it known that I, C. J. VVooLsoN, of Cleveland, in the county of Cuyahoga, in the State of Chio, have invented a new and useful Improvement in the Manner of Communicating Heat to the Ovens of Cooking- Stoves; and I do hereby declare that t-he following is a full and exact description thereof.
In the lower oven flues, I place a number of boxes, or tubes, which extend down from the bottom plate of the oven so as to be in contact, or nearly so with the botto-m plate of the stove. These tubes may be closed at their lower ends, or they may be left open and brought into contact with the-bottom plate, but they are to communicate at their upper ends with the oven through a number of small holes in the bottom plate thereof. The draft from the lire as it trav-Z erses back and forth under the oven, before it reaches the exit pipe, heats these tubes, or boxes and this heat is conveyed to the bottom plate of the oven and to the air contained within these tubes, which heated air is conducted into the oven, and is replaced by a fresh portion.
In the accompanying drawing Figure l is a perspective view of a stove, showing the bottom oven plate A as perforated with a number of small holes a a. Fig. 2 is a section through the bottom Hue in the line m, of Fig. 1.
B, B, are tubes, or boxes which extend down from the lower oven plate A to the bot-tom stove plate C; these tubes may be cast in one piece with the plate A, but in this case they should be as thin as possible; or they may be made of sheet iron and be attached to the lower oven plate after it is cast; and this making them of sheet metal is to be preferred; their thinness being a mat-ter of importance, as it is intended that they should be readily heatedby the passing current of the draft, and that this heat should be communicated by them to the air contained within them, they operating in fact as air heaters, and not as heaters of the oven plate. They may when close to the lower oven plate, be left open at their lower ends, there being little or no tendency tothe entrance of the draft into the oven through them.
The object of this invention, is to have the tubes thinner than the oven plate, in order to heat the air in the oven, by means of the tubes, sooner, and with less fuel, than by means of the oven plate. When they are cut in one piece with theoven plate, there should be adapted to each of them a perforated cover, having any desired number of small holes through it; when made of sheet-iron the holes a a will be cast in the plate A. i The double dotted lines b 7) may show the place of one of the partitions by which the draft is directed through the lower oven flue.
Having thus fully described the nature of my improvement in the manner of communicating heat to the ovens of cooking stoves, I do hereby declare that I do not make claim to any improvement in the gen eral construction of such stoves, my improvement in the lower oven Hue being equally applicable to stoves in a variety of forms; but
Vihat I do claim as my invention and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
The forming of the bottom plate of the oven with a number of tubes, or boxes usually of sheet iron or other substances thinner than the bottom plate, that descend from it through the lower flue space; the same being effected under an arrangement of their respective parts substantially the same with that herein described, and for the purpose set forth.
C. J. WOOLSON.
lVitnesses THos. P. JONES, GUY C. HUMPHRIES.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US4184A true US4184A (en)||1845-09-09|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US4184D Expired - Lifetime US4184A (en)||Cooking-stove|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US4184A (en)|
- US US4184D patent/US4184A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US3021A (en)||Stove with elevated ovejst|
|US34871A (en)||Improvement in cooking-stoves|
|US2096649A (en)||Heating device|
|US839581A (en)||Oven for baking sand cores.|
|US120439A (en)||Improvement in cooking-stoves|
|US3860A (en)||F archibald ivieting|
|US681245A (en)||Heating-stove and attachment.|
|US587528A (en)||Cooking utensil|
|US38361A (en)||Improvement in stoves|
|US610941A (en)||John erben|
|US467A (en)||james n|
|US4365A (en)||Lathrop s|
|US1562065A (en)||Water back for gas stoves|
|US31144A (en)||Combination of cooking-stove and air-heating furnace|
|US42002A (en)||Improvement in cooking-ranges|