US378148A - Chusetts - Google PatentsChusetts Download PDF
- Publication number
- US378148A US378148A US378148DA US378148A US 378148 A US378148 A US 378148A US 378148D A US378148D A US 378148DA US 378148 A US378148 A US 378148A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000001699 lower leg Anatomy 0.000 description 4
- 235000013382 Morus laevigata Nutrition 0.000 description 1
- 244000278455 Morus laevigata Species 0.000 description 1
- 230000004048 modification Effects 0.000 description 1
- 238000006011 modification reaction Methods 0.000 description 1
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A44—HABERDASHERY; JEWELLERY
- A44B—BUTTONS, PINS, BUCKLES, SLIDE FASTENERS, OR THE LIKE
- A44B17/00—Press-button or snap fasteners
- A44B17/0011—Press-button fasteners in which the elastic retaining action is obtained by a spring working in the plane of the fastener
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T24/00—Buckles, buttons, clasps, etc.
- Y10T24/45—Separable-fastener or required component thereof [e.g., projection and cavity to complete interlock]
- Y10T24/45225—Separable-fastener or required component thereof [e.g., projection and cavity to complete interlock] including member having distinct formations and mating member selectively interlocking therewith
- Y10T24/45602—Receiving member includes either movable connection between interlocking components or variable configuration cavity
- Y10T24/45775—Receiving member includes either movable connection between interlocking components or variable configuration cavity having resiliently biased interlocking component or segment
- Y10T24/45785—Requiring manual force applied against bias to interlock or disengage
- Y10T24/45791—Requiring manual force applied against bias to interlock or disengage and partially blocking separate, nonresilient access opening of cavity
0. A. PRESTON.
No. 378,148. Patented Feb. 21, 1888.
ihvrrn "rn'rns Parana CHARLES A. PRESTON, OF GAMBRIDGEPORT, ASSIGNOR 'IO GEORGE FROST, GEORGE H. PHELPS, AND GEORGE A. FROST, ALL OF NEW TON, MASSA- CHUSETTS.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 378,148, dated February 21, 1888.
Application filed December 2, 1887. Serial No. 256,778.
To aZZ whom it may concern:
Be it known that 1, CHARLES A. PRESTON, of Gambridgeport, county of Middlesex, and State of Massachusetts, have invented an Innprovement in Garment-Supporters, of which the following description, in connection with the accompanying drawings, is aspecification, like letters on the drawings representing like parts.
IO This invention is an improvement upon the garmentsupporter shown in United States Patent No. 368,550, granted to me August 16, 1887, and has for its object to provide a locking device which will better hold the button in the 1 button-receiving loop, so that the supporter cannot move freely upon the button.
In accordance with this invention, the look ing device is composed of two parts or loops hinged one to the other. One of the said parts or loops of the locking device and the buttonreceiving loop are hinged or swiveled one to the other, the other part or loop of the looking device being hinged to the aforesaid part or loop, and so as to surround or inclose the button-receiving loop to be moved upon it. The button-receiving loop is substantially as in the patent referred to, it preferably having abroad or expanded portion to receive the button and a narrow portion at its outer end 0 to receive the shank or attaching device or material of the button 5 and in this my present invention the locking device forces the shank of the button into said narrow portion, or into the outer end of the buttonreceiving loop,
5 holding it there firmly.
Figure 1 shows in front elevation a garmentsupporter embodying this invention. Fig. 2
shows in front elevation a modified form of gar-.
ment-supporter embodying this invention, and
Fig. 3 shows in front elevation another modified form of garment-supporter embodying this invention.
Referring to Figs. 1 and 3, the button-re ceiving loop is made of wire and has a broad 5 or expanded portion, as a, which is narrowed or tapered toward its outer end, as at a. The
ends of the wire or material of which the button-receiving loop is composed are turned over to form eyes a which encircle the material of (No model.)
that part of the locking device which consti- 5o tutes the strap-receiving portion 5. The wire forming the eyes a is so bent as to set the eyes at an angle, in order that they may bind against the wire or other material constituting the strap-receiving portion, and thereby enable the locking device to have a spring-like action, as in the patent referred to. The looking device is herein shown as composed of two parts or loops, as and Z), the part or loop I) having attached to it the strap 0 and the part or loop Z) engaging the shank or attaching means for the button, which attaching means may be thread or other material. The part or loop Z) surrounds or incloses the outer end of the button-receiving loop and is hinged or 6 5 swiveled to the strap-receiving portion at b". The hinge Z) permits the loop I) to be moved toward the strap 0 to expose the broad portion of the button-receiving loop a, and thereafter, the button having been passed through said loop a, the said loop b will be moved toward the outer end, a, of the buttonreceivingloop, and thereby force the shank portion of the but ton into said narrowed or tapered part of the loop and there hold it firmly. Instead of the spring given to the locking device by engaging at one end the outer end of the button-receiving loop and at the other end the inwardlyturned eyes of the button-receiving loop, any suitable spring may be employed.
In Fig. 2 I have shown the strap-receiving portion as a component part of the loop-reeeiving portion a, and the locking device con sists of the shank-engaging loop I) and a loop, b, hinged one to the other, said loop 6 being hinged to the strap-receiving portion of the button-receiving loop. By this modification it will be seen that the same resultis obtained as in the form shown in Figs. 1 and 3.
I claim- 1. Theherein-describedgarincut-supporter, consisting of the jointed locking device, substantially as herein specified, combined with the button-receiving loop a, said locking device and loop being hinged or swiveled one to the other, as and for the purposes set forth.
2. In a garment-supporter, the locking device consisting of two parts or loops, b b,hinged one to the other, combined with the button- In testimony whereof Ihave signed my name receiving loop with which the locking device to this specification in the presence of two sub 10 is connecgfd, sulastantigliiy as described. t scribing witnesses.
3. The ereinescri e garmen suppor er, 5 consisting of the jointed spring-acting looking CHARLES P device substantially as herein speeified,'com- Witnesses: bined with the buttonreceiving lo0p,substan- G. W. GREGORY,
tially as and for the purposes specified. B. DEWAR.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US378148A true US378148A (en)||1888-02-21|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US378148D Expired - Lifetime US378148A (en)||Chusetts|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US378148A (en)|
- US US378148D patent/US378148A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US781629A (en)||Umbrella, glove, and handkerchief holder.|
|US306417A (en)||Adjustable cuff-holder|
|US415459A (en)||John p|
|US617269A (en)||Stud member for separable fasteners|
|US420766A (en)||Hook and eye|
|US1239439A (en)||Belt and trousers supporter.|
|US335311A (en)||Louis sanders|
|US1078091A (en)||Button-holding device.|
|US367727A (en)||Adjusting spring-strap|
|US384463A (en)||David w|