US316575A - John albeet schirmer - Google PatentsJohn albeet schirmer Download PDF
- Publication number
- US316575A US316575A US316575DA US316575A US 316575 A US316575 A US 316575A US 316575D A US316575D A US 316575DA US 316575 A US316575 A US 316575A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 210000003660 Reticulum Anatomy 0.000 description 3
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 3
- 238000004519 manufacturing process Methods 0.000 description 2
- 229910000831 Steel Inorganic materials 0.000 description 1
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 1
- 238000005553 drilling Methods 0.000 description 1
- 235000019525 fullness Nutrition 0.000 description 1
- 239000010959 steel Substances 0.000 description 1
- 239000004753 textile Substances 0.000 description 1
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A45—HAND OR TRAVELLING ARTICLES
- A45D—HAIRDRESSING OR SHAVING EQUIPMENT; EQUIPMENT FOR COSMETICS OR COSMETIC TREATMENTS, e.g. FOR MANICURING OR PEDICURING
- A45D8/00—Hair-holding devices; Accessories therefor
- A45D8/40—Hair-nets; Hair-protecting caps
J. A. SC'HIRMER.
. NET 0R VEIL. No. 316,575.
UNITEDE STATES PATEE rrrcEo JOHN ALBERT SOHIRMER, OF EAST SAGINAW, MICHIGAN, ASSIGNOR OF ONE-HALF TO HARRY STUART DERBY, OF SAME PLACE.
NET OR VEIL.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 316,575,.datec`l April 28, 1885.
Application filed December 10, 1884.
To aZZ whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, JOHN ALBERT SCHIE-v MER, of East Saginaw, in the county of Saginaw and State of Michigan, have invented new and useful Improvements in Nets or Veils; and I do hereby declare that the follow* ing is afull, clear, and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, which form a part of this specification.
This invention relates to certain improvements in head nets or veils, whereby said nets or veils are kept stretched and readily attached to or removed from the heads of the wearers, and the invention consists in the peculiar construction hereinafter more particularly described and claimed.
In the accompanying drawings, Figure l shows a spring used for securing my net, and Fig. 2 shows the net attached to the spring and on the head ofthe wearer.
A represents a spring, preferably made of steel, although not necessarilly so, as any material possessing the proper resiliency will answer. The ends of this spring have loops c formed thereon, which afford means for securing the corners of the net or veil to the spring. Instead of the loops, the same end will be reached by forming on the ends of the spring a knob or button and drilling a small hole in the spring near each knob. The corners of the veil are in the latter case secured by a thread passing through the holes. At a point about midway between the two ends of the spring there is formed, by a bend in the wire or by securing thereto a small knob,a stop, b, to prevent the article attached to the spring being too much drawn to one side.
The spring being thus constructed, a net or veil is attached thereto by securing its two upper corners to the ends of the spring by means of a thread passing through the loops, or through the holes adjacent to the knobs, when the spring is provided with the latter. The center of this edge of the net or veil is secured to the center stop, leavingA the fullness between the ends and the center knob equal, and secured to the spring by loops, or in any manner that will not interfere with that portion sliding freely on the spring.
I have shown in the drawings appended hereto a friz or hair net, as I intend mostly to manufacture my invention in this form; but it is evident that veils may be made in the same way, and in my specification I have referred equally to a net or veil. In my claims I intend to be understood 4as considering the terms netlor veil as synonymous` for it will be seenthat my invention will be found especially applicable to veils for the following reason:
Ladies, in purchasing veils to be tied on, are compelled to obtain not less than three-quarters of a yard of material. Of this about onethird is of utility as a veil, while the balance is employed to form the tie. By the use of this springfastening one-quarter of a yard of veil material is sufficient. So it will readily be seen that a saving is effected by applying my improvement to a veil.
I am aware that a bonnethas been provided with a spring for securing the same to the head of the wearer, and make no claim to such a device. I deem myinvention as essentially different from said bonnet-fastening,as the spring in such bonnet does not serve the purpose of keeping the edge ofthe bonnet extended, nor does it contract the bonnet into a smaller compass when removed from the head, as my spring does my net.
What I claim as my invention isl. A spring-net consisting of textile mate.- rial attached to the body and ends of a spring, whereby the spring serves thethree purposes of spreading the net, holding the same on the head, and folding it in asmaller compass when removed therefrom, substantially as described.
2. As a new article of manufacture, a friznet herein described, consisting of a net and a spring, the net having one of its edges attached to the body of the spring and its corners to the ends thereof, substantially as described.
JOI-IN ALBERT SCI-IIRMER.
H. S. SPEAGUE, CHARLES J. HUNT.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US316575A true US316575A (en)||1885-04-28|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US316575D Expired - Lifetime US316575A (en)||John albeet schirmer|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US316575A (en)|
- US US316575D patent/US316575A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US128780A (en)||Improvement in hat-shades|
|US316575A (en)||John albeet schirmer|
|US378597A (en)||Samuel keamee and jacob levy|
|US284445A (en)||Head-net for horses|
|US145977A (en)||Improvement in combined nubias and veils|
|US311391A (en)||John henry vantassel|
|US409417A (en)||Padded hat|
|US774598A (en)||Hat-fastening means.|
|US322213A (en)||Hat and bonnet fastener|
|US99434A (en)||Jacob m|
|US358215A (en)||John e|
|US178520A (en)||Improvement in gloves|
|US199292A (en)||Improvement in horse-blankets|