US251299A - Watch-movement packing-case - Google PatentsWatch-movement packing-case Download PDF
- Publication number
- US251299A US251299A US251299DA US251299A US 251299 A US251299 A US 251299A US 251299D A US251299D A US 251299DA US 251299 A US251299 A US 251299A
- Grant status
- Patent type
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B65—CONVEYING; PACKING; STORING; HANDLING THIN OR FILAMENTARY MATERIAL
- B65D—CONTAINERS FOR STORAGE OR TRANSPORT OF ARTICLES OR MATERIALS, e.g. BAGS, BARRELS, BOTTLES, BOXES, CANS, CARTONS, CRATES, DRUMS, JARS, TANKS, HOPPERS, FORWARDING CONTAINERS; ACCESSORIES, CLOSURES, OR FITTINGS THEREFOR; PACKAGING ELEMENTS; PACKAGES
- B65D85/00—Containers, packaging elements or packages specially adapted for particular articles or materials
- B65D85/30—Containers, packaging elements or packages specially adapted for particular articles or materials for articles particularly sensitive to damage by shock or pressure
- B65D85/38—Containers, packaging elements or packages specially adapted for particular articles or materials for articles particularly sensitive to damage by shock or pressure for optical or other delicate measuring, calculating, or control apparatus
- B65D85/40—Containers, packaging elements or packages specially adapted for particular articles or materials for articles particularly sensitive to damage by shock or pressure for optical or other delicate measuring, calculating, or control apparatus for watches or clocks or components thereof
C. G. SCHMIDT.
WATCH MOVEMENT PACKING CASE. l No. 251,299. Pa1en1edfirstname.lastname@example.org,1881.
111111111flliiiil'lli1111111I d N. vcnins. mummy-1pm washmgmn. D C
UNITED STATES CHARLES G. SCHMIDT,
OF ALBION, ILLINOIS.
SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 251,299, dated December 20, 1881. Application filed August16,188l. (Model.)
T o all whom it may concern;
Be it known that I, CHARLES G. SCHMIDT, of Albion, in the county of Edwards, and in the State of Illinois, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Packing-Cases for Watch-Movements; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, 'and exact description thereof', reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon, making a part ot' this specification.
This invention relates to certain improvements in cases for packing watch-moven1euts; and it has for its object to provide a means whereby the watch-*movement may be supported in its casing in an elastic seat, to prevent injury from jars occasioned by rough handling or occurring during transportation, as more fully hereinafter specied. This object I attain by the devices illustrated in the accompanying drawings, in which- Figure l represents a side elevation of my improved device. Fig. 2 represents a diagram of a blank from which the elastic seat is formed. Fig. 3 indicates a top view of the casing with the cover removed, and Fig. 4 a sectional view of the casing.
The letter A indicates a cylindrical casing of a size somewhat larger than the watch-movement to be inclosed. The said casing is constructed of metal, and is provided with a top or cover, B, of similar material. The bottom of the casing is struck up, so as to form a central elevation, (l, which constitutes a seat for G, and forminga spring to clasp the side ot' 4o the watch-movement and hold-it in place. The said rim F is provided at dianIetrically-opposite sides with lugs H, which are intended to bind against the upper f'aoe of the Watch-movemeut and holditin place. The springportion of the rim F is provided With a lip, I, which holds it in normal position.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, 1s
l. In combination with the cylindrical casing provided with a raised seat at its center, the convolute spring attached thereto and provided with a divided rim forming a spring to hold the movement in place, substantially as specified.
2. In combination with the convolute spring secured in a suitable casing, the divided rim forming a spring` to hold the movement in place, substantially as specified.
In testimony whereof I affix my signature, in presence of two witnesses, this 28th day of July,fl88l.
CHARLES G. SCHMIDT.
J osEPH WHITE, J. J MCCAR'IHY.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US251299A true US251299A (en)||1881-12-20|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US251299A Expired - Lifetime US251299A (en)||Watch-movement packing-case|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US251299A (en)|
|US183890A (en)||Improvement in combined bottle and cup|
|US291022A (en)||Joseph beatified|
|US1208529A (en)||Machine for securing metallic screw-caps to bottles, jars, and the like.|
|US774041A (en)||Metallic vessel.|
|US311197A (en)||David a|
|US235280A (en)||Sheet-metal cover for cans|
|US2108902A (en)||Dispensing package|
|US745195A (en)||Closure for milk-bottles.|
|US149246A (en)||Improvement in vault-covers|
|US1297311A (en)||Display device.|
|US2443985A (en)||Bottle carrier|
|US1046803A (en)||Powder or shaker receptacle.|
|US846256A (en)||Salt and pepper cellar.|
|US515721A (en)||Theodoee f|