US215911A - Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes - Google PatentsImprovement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes Download PDF
- Publication number
- US215911A US215911A US215911DA US215911A US 215911 A US215911 A US 215911A US 215911D A US215911D A US 215911DA US 215911 A US215911 A US 215911A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 title description 4
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 4
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 2
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05C—BOLTS OR FASTENING DEVICES FOR WINGS, SPECIALLY FOR DOORS OR WINDOWS
- E05C19/00—Other devices specially designed for securing wings, e.g. with suction cups
- E05C19/10—Hook fastenings; Fastenings in which a link engages a fixed hook-like member
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/0911—Hooked end
- Y10T292/0945—Operating means
- Y10T292/0959—Swinging catch
I. R. GLASGOGK. Fastener for Meeting-Rails of Sashes.
No. 215,911. Patented May 2-7, 1879.
1 n j z'uulnnm 1 11 5 111112111 3 i v 1 I Wren-Z021 UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
FRANK R. GLASOOOK, OF HILLSBOROUGH, OHIO.
IMPROVEMENT IN FASTENERS FOR MEETING-RAILS 0F SASHES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 215,911, dated May 27, 1879; application filed October 26, 1878. I
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, F. R. GLASGOOK, of Hillsborough, in the county of Highland and State of Ohio, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Sash-Locks; and I do hereby declare that the following is a full, clear, and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon, which form part of this specification.
The nature of my invention consists in the construction and arrangement of a sash-lock, as will be hereinafter more fully set forth, and pointed out in the claims.
In order to enable others skilled inthe art to which my invention appertains to make and use the same, I will now proceed to describe its construction and operation, referring to the annexed drawings, in which- Figure 1 is a plan view of my lock; Fig. 2, a side elevation and Figs. 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are detail views of parts of the same.
A represents the top rail of the lower sash of a window, and B is the bottom rail of the top sash. On top of the latter rail, 13, is fastened a plate, O, formed with a central post, a, at the top of which is a semicircular rail, 1), with end posts, 01, connecting the same with the plate, as shown.
On top of the rail A is secured a plate, D, on top of which is pivoted a hook, F. This hook is formed on a central hub, G, from which projects a thumb-piece, H.
The hub G is formed with an interior flange, 0, through the center of which is passed the post I, said flange forming a bearing for the post. The lower end of the post passes through the plate D, and is riveted thereto on the under side, so as to be firm in the plate; and on the upper end of the post is formed a head, J, which tits over the top edge of the hub G. In the hub G, however, below the head J and surrounding the post I, is a collar, L, provided with anarm, M, projecting through a slot in the hub and lying over the thumb-piece H.
Between the collar L and the flange e is interposed a spiral or other spring, h, which holds the collar up and throws the inner end of the arm M between lugs z 1', formed on the under side of the head J, thus holding the hook F locked in position.
There are suitable lugs on the under side of the head J to lock the hook away from the post a or in engagement with said post. By pressing down on the arm M the hook will be released and can be turned in either direction, and the spring it throws the parts in gear again to lock them, so that they cannot become accidentally disengaged.
When the hook F is in engagement with the post a the two sashes are locked, and neither can be opened until the hook is thrown to the side again.
On the plate D is a lug, a2, and a corresponding lug, y, is formed in the hub G, below the flange c, to form a stop in throwing the hook F into engagement with the post a.
In some cases I may dispense with the flange e in the hub and allow the spring h to rest directly on the plate D.
Having thus fully described my invention, what I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
1. The combination of the post I, riveted to the plate D, and provided with the head J,
having under lugs, t, the spring h, and latch FRANK R. GLASOOOK.
FRANK GALT, T. H. ALEXANDER.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US215911A true US215911A (en)||1879-05-27|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US215911D Expired - Lifetime US215911A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US215911A (en)|
- US US215911D patent/US215911A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US215911A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US375528A (en)||Thomas beechee|
|US608353A (en)||Gate latch mechanism|
|US196662A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US222577A (en)||Improvement in trunk-fasteners|
|US489386A (en)||End-gate lock|
|US212987A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US220891A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US352617A (en)||Hobart b|
|US161020A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US426070A (en)||Sash balance|
|US489221A (en)||Sliding-door lock|
|US467615A (en)||Fastener for th e meeting-rails of sashes|
|US209734A (en)||Improvement in locks|
|US116006A (en)||Improvement in fastenings for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US284506A (en)||William e|
|US197026A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US119198A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US169030A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US330367A (en)||Fastener for meeting-rails of sashes|
|US527797A (en)||Sliding-door lock|
|US171694A (en)||Improvement in fasteners for the meeting-rails of sashes|
|US199265A (en)||Improvement in sash-fasteners|
|US204096A (en)||Improvement in sash-locks|