There are eight figures to show how this blanket is put together and its individual components.
FIG. 1 a and 1 b View of Blanket A and Blanket B as two separate blankets.
FIG. 2 a and 2 b An open view of one blanket showing the bottom side of the blanket and the inside of the blanket.
FIG. 3 A semi-open view of two blankets showing a partial view of the blanket when un-zipped.
FIG. 4 Up close view of the elastic band, disc designs, and position of disc in the elastic band.
FIG. 5 Combining two separate blankets into one larger blanket via one disc and button and button-hole system or metal push-buttons at the top and bottom of blanket.
FIG. 6 Demonstration of rotation of each blanket combined together.
FIG. 7 Blanket insert and disc fitting.
REFERENCE NUMERALS IN DRAWING
FIG. 8 Demonstration of where blanket insert fit inside of a blanket.
1. Button (metal or plastic) at top and lower corner on the same side not having the zipper. The button is found on the top and bottom shell of each blanket.
2. Button hole or metal push-on button next to button to secure button of the overlapping blanket. The button-hole or metal push-button is found on the bottom shell of each blanket.
3. An elastic band surrounding a thick and heavy-duty elastic ring for support. The top elastic band is not sewn to the bottom shell's elastic band. The thick and heavy-duty elastic ring is sewn together at the top and bottom, 360 degrees.
4. An L-shape zipper on one of the sides of the blanket to allow inserts to be added or removed.
5. Buttons (metal or plastic) on the bottom shell directly below top shell at the top and lower corner.
6. Button-hole or metal push-buttons on the bottom blanket, next to the button to secure overlapping blanket. This can also be found directly below the top shell at the top and lower corner.
7. An elastic band surrounding a thick and heavy-duty elastic ring for support. Only the thick and heavy-duty elastic ring is sewn together at the top and bottom shell.
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION
8. Numeral 8(a), 8(b), and 8(c) show the location of buttons or metal push-buttons for securing the blanket insert on the inside of the blanket pouch. Buttons can be on top shell only, bottom shell only, or both at the top and bottom.
This section describes in greater details of FIG. 1 through FIG. 8, including reference numerals 1 through 10.
FIG. 1( a) This figure represents two separate blankets (Blanket A and Blanket B) as they are before being joined or combined through an overlapping area and secured at the top via a button and button-hole or metal push-button system. The top shell of each blanket is the same as the bottom shell, therefore allowing them to be reversible. Either blanket can be at the top or bottom of the overlap area. At the top and bottom corners, on the side without the L-shape zipper, there is a button and next to it is a button-hole or two metal push-buttons to secure or lock the two blankets together.
FIG. 1( b) This figure shows the bottom(back) view of the blanket. The positions of buttons, button-hole, and/or metal push-buttons are directly below the tops'.
FIG. 2( a) This is a view of the blanket when completely opened flat to show the outside of the blanket. This is to show the location of the buttons and button-holes or metals push-buttons on the top and bottom shell.
FIG. 2( b) this is a view of the blanket when completely pen flat to show the inside of the blanket. It also shows the positions of the buttons (metal or plastic). These buttons can be on the inside of the top shell only, bottom shell only, or both top and bottom.
FIG. 3 This view shows two blankets when it is not opened and how it is actually limited from opening completely by the L-shape zipper.
FIG. 4( a) This figure demonstrates how the elastic ring can be stretched to insert over the larger area of the metal or plastic disc. When not stretched, the elastic band fits perfectly around the disc ring to allow for free rotation. The disc can be one solid piece or made with a zig-zag concentric rings to collapse or expand. The elastic band is sewn together from the top and bottom shell.
FIG. 4( b) The disc is shown to fit in the elastic ring of one blanket, with the top and bottom of the disc covering over the elastic band area.
FIG. 5 This figure shows how the two separate blankets overlap one another. It is secured at the top where the buttons and button-holes meet and at the bottom either by the same button/button hole system or with just the disc.
FIG. 6 This figure illustrates exactly how this amazing blanket works. When overlap and buttoned together, these two separated blankets now combined to be one larger blanket. When unbuttoned and joined at the disc only, it allows one person or both persons to freely move their side of the blanket during bodily movement. In addition, each side of the blanket can be folded in a holding position(when a person sleeps on their side and cuddling the blanket) without disturbing the other person. One or both person(s) can also move one or both legs around the blanket from the side and center, while the other person can still be completely covered under their side of the blanket. These movements can be achieved while being joined at the lower part of the blanket via the disc, which still contained a part of the overlap area. Due to the low placement of the disc and a freely, large area of overlap, it is more unlikely for one person to pull the blanket away from the other person.
FIG. 7 This shows the blanket insert and the positions of the button holes or metal push-buttons. The lower part of the blanket is cut such that there is an open area to fit above, around, and below the disc once inserted into the blanket pouch. The top of the insert is exactly the same as the bottom (back) side so that it can be reversible to fit either Blanket A or Blanket B. This insert allows for the flexibility of having several different thickness inserts to account for seasonal or weather changes and personal temperature or warmth preference through out the year.
FIG. 8 This demonstrates how the blanket insert is fitted or added into the blanket pouch. The button hole or metal push button is secured at the top at each corner and at the bottom, below the disc ring. The blanket can easily be removed for easy washing or replaced with a thicker or thinner insert for temperature control.
9. 9(a) Up close view of elastic band surrounding a thick and heavy-duty elastic ring. 9(b) View showing how the elastic ring can expand within elastic band.
- SUMMARY FOR SCOPE OF USE
10. There can be two designs for the disc. 10(a) The first design can be a solid disc of a specific height (to be determined based on the thickness of the elastic band and elastic ring). The material can be made of either metal or plastic. 10(b) The second design is made of plastic only, so that it can expand and collapse based on a zig-zag concentric rings. 10(c) This figure shows how the disc is fitted into elastic ring.
This amazing L-shape zipper, pouch blanket is designed by combining 2 individual blankets together to form one larger blanket to fit two persons. The unique design of each blanket is such that there is a central elastic ring in the blanket located at the lower section of one corner to allow it to fit a separate disc ring. This disc ring allows the two individual blankets to attach and overlap one another and because it is circular, it allows the overlapping blankets to freely rotation. The advantage to this amazing blanket is that it allows two persons to sleep together and independently control or move their side of the blanket without disturbing the other person. In the event that the two persons prefers to not have independent control of the blanket, the two individual blankets can be secured at the top and bottom via a button and button hole system or metal push-button with or without the disc overlap at the lower portion of the blanket.
Another advantage that this amazing blanket offers is the ability to add or remove blanket inserts to allow each person to control the thickness of the blanket on their side. This offers each person to adjust for bodily or weather temperature differences through out the year. The nature of this blanket is that each individual blanket and blanket insert can easily detach into smaller articles for machine wash or to serve as individual blankets.