US182412A - Improvement in vises - Google PatentsImprovement in vises Download PDF
- Publication number
- US182412A US182412A US182412DA US182412A US 182412 A US182412 A US 182412A US 182412D A US182412D A US 182412DA US 182412 A US182412 A US 182412A
- Grant status
- Patent type
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B25—HAND TOOLS; PORTABLE POWER-DRIVEN TOOLS; MANIPULATORS
- B25B—TOOLS OR BENCH DEVICES NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR, FOR FASTENING, CONNECTING, DISENGAGING OR HOLDING
- B25B1/22—Arrangements for turning or tilting vices
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B23—MACHINE TOOLS; METAL-WORKING NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR
- B23Q—DETAILS, COMPONENTS, OR ACCESSORIES FOR MACHINE TOOLS, e.g. ARRANGEMENTS FOR COPYING OR CONTROLLING; MACHINE TOOLS IN GENERAL CHARACTERISED BY THE CONSTRUCTION OF PARTICULAR DETAILS OR COMPONENTS; COMBINATIONS OR ASSOCIATIONS OF METAL-WORKING MACHINES, NOT DIRECTED TO A PARTICULAR RESULT
- B23Q1/00—Members which are comprised in the general build-up of a form of machine, particularly relatively large fixed members
- B23Q1/25—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports
- B23Q1/44—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports using particular mechanisms
- B23Q1/56—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports using particular mechanisms with sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism
- B23Q1/60—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports using particular mechanisms with sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism two sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism
- B23Q1/62—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports using particular mechanisms with sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism two sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism with perpendicular axes, e.g. cross-slides
- B23Q1/621—Movable or adjustable work or tool supports using particular mechanisms with sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism two sliding pairs only, the sliding pairs being the first two elements of the mechanism with perpendicular axes, e.g. cross-slides a single sliding pair followed perpendicularly by a single sliding pair
'G. E. CHAMBERLIIN.
VISES. V N 1az,41z Patented se' t. 19,1876.
. -roar N.PEIERS. PHUTO-LITHDGRAPHER WAS-t NGTON D C UNITED STATES PATENT" OFFICE.
GEORGE E. GHAMBERLIN, OF PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND, ASSIGN'OR OF ONE-HALF HIS RIGHT TO BENJAMIN F. PABODIE, OF SAME PLACE.
IMPROVEMENT IN VISES.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent N 0. 182,412, dated September 19, 1876; application filed May 10, 1875.
a vise, of a perforated plate and beam, en-
gaging by a corrugated dovetail joint with fastenings.
Figure 1 is a plan ofa vise-beam and benchplate embodying my invention. Fig. 2 is a front view of a bench, bench-plate, lock, and bolt.
A is the improved benchplate, of which the hub H is fitted into the bench as a pivot for the vise to swivel around. The plate and vise are secured to the bench by bolt F and nut N. The lock L is partially inserted in the front edge of the bench B, Fig. 2, with the bolt d, to engage or enter any one of the holes 1; i in the bottom of bench plate, equidistant from the center of hub H, to set the vise at the desired angle. The base of the vise-beam O 0, Fig. 1, having one side corrugated or notched to interlock with corresponding corrugations in the benchplate, is heldrigidly in place by screwing down the angular cap 0 with screws S S. It will readily be seen that by loosening the screws S S the vise can be adjusted horizontally without loosening the bench-plate A. Also, that the vise can be swiveled and locked in any desired position without disengaging it from the bench-plate.
I claim as my invention- 7 In a vise, the combination of the perforated plate A and a beam, 0, the two engaging, by a corrugated dovetail joint, screws S S and cap e,as hereinbefore set forth.
GEORGE E. OHAMBERLIN. Witnesses B. F. PABODIE, J. T. DOWNING.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US182412A true US182412A (en)||1876-09-19|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US182412A Expired - Lifetime US182412A (en)||Improvement in vises|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US182412A (en)|
|US757712A (en)||Table-leg attachment.|
|US659532A (en)||Adjustable table.|
|US376070A (en)||Mercantile boot and shoe box fixture|
|US409887A (en)||Lamp attachment|
|US89013A (en)||Improvement in box-openers|
|US306335A (en)||Simeon b|
|US950361A (en)||Fastener for wagon-seats.|
|US69953A (en)||Improvement in fixed calipee gauges|
|US377648A (en)||Bmile sinning|
|US495857A (en)||Fastening for table-legs|
|US162167A (en)||Assig-nob of one|
|US1321305A (en)||A copartnership composed oe george a|
|US1147522A (en)||Adjustable trestle.|