US175381A - Improvement in shutter and door fasteners - Google PatentsImprovement in shutter and door fasteners Download PDF
- Publication number
- US175381A US175381A US175381DA US175381A US 175381 A US175381 A US 175381A US 175381D A US175381D A US 175381DA US 175381 A US175381 A US 175381A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 239000000789 fastener Substances 0.000 title description 3
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 1
- 230000001808 coupling Effects 0.000 description 1
- 238000010168 coupling process Methods 0.000 description 1
- 238000005859 coupling reaction Methods 0.000 description 1
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05C—BOLTS OR FASTENING DEVICES FOR WINGS, SPECIALLY FOR DOORS OR WINDOWS
- E05C17/00—Devices for holding wings open; Devices for limiting opening of wings or for holding wings open by a movable member extending between frame and wing; Braking devices, stops or buffers, combined therewith
- E05C17/02—Devices for holding wings open; Devices for limiting opening of wings or for holding wings open by a movable member extending between frame and wing; Braking devices, stops or buffers, combined therewith by mechanical means
- E05C17/04—Devices for holding wings open; Devices for limiting opening of wings or for holding wings open by a movable member extending between frame and wing; Braking devices, stops or buffers, combined therewith by mechanical means with a movable bar or equivalent member extending between frame and wing
- E05C17/32—Devices for holding wings open; Devices for limiting opening of wings or for holding wings open by a movable member extending between frame and wing; Braking devices, stops or buffers, combined therewith by mechanical means with a movable bar or equivalent member extending between frame and wing consisting of two or more pivoted rods
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/28—Extension link
T. B. means, 3:.
SHUTTER AND DOOR FASTEN ER.
Patented March 28, 1876..
N. PETERS. PHOTGUYNQGRAPNER. WASHINGTON. D O.
UNITED STATES [PATENT OFFICE.
THOMAS B. ROGERS, J R., OF BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, ASSIGNOR TO MAX v .HALLHEIMER, OF SAME PLACE.
IMPROVEMENT IN SHUTTER AND DOOR FASTENERS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 175,38 l, dated March 28, 1876; application filed February 21, 1876.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, THOMAS B. ROGERS, Jr., of Brooklyn, in the county of Kings and State of New York, have invented a new and Improved Adjuster and Fastener for Doors, Window-Blinds, and other objects, of which the following is a specification My invention consists of a couple of bars, of unequal length, which are jointed together at one end, and one is jointed to the window or door, and the other to the window-sill or door-frame, so that they swing with the door or blind, and at the joint of the bars is a clamp by which the joint can be readily made rigid to fasten them and hold the door or blind in any position; and besides the clamp there is a stud at the joint which drops into a socket in the sill to fasten the blind or door shut.
The two bars are of different lengths, so thattion with the blind partly open, the two sections being taken on line .70 x of Fig. 2. Fig. 3 is a sectional elevation, taken on line 3 y of Fig. 2.
Similar letters of reference indicate corresponding parts.
A is the blind; B, the sill; C, the bar pivoted to the latter, and D the bar pivoted to the blind. These bars are coupled at E by a clamp-screw, F, and a thumb-nut,,G, and they have corrugated bearing-surfaces H by which they lock so firmly together that they hold the blind or door in any partly open position, as represented in Fig. 2. Besides the coupling at E there is a stud, I, which drops into a-hole, K, in the sill as a further means of securing the blind closed, and another element of security lies in the different lengths of the two bars, which prevents the blind or door from swinging outward until the joint E is swung inward from the hole K to a certain extent, as represented in Fig. 2. L is a hook attached to the blind for booking onto the stud M, as represented in Fig. 3, when the blind is shut.
This improved fastener and adjuster may be used for other objects besides doors and blinds, for instance, trunk-lids, fan-lights, 850.
N is another hook attached to'the blind to hook on the stud M when the blind is open to fasten the parts in that position. swings on a horizontal pivot, O,.and it has a stop, P, on each side to prevent it from falling so low as to strike against the bars when elosing, and to keep it up in the best position for handling it.
Having thus described myinvention, I claim as new and desire to secure by Letters Patenti 1. The bars 0 D, of unequal length, and clamp-joint E, combined with a door-shutter or window-blind, and the door-sill, windowsill, or frame B, substantially as specified.
2. The stud I, in combination with clampjoint E, of bars O D, and the blind or door and frame, substantially as specified.
3. The catches L N on the blind or door, with stud M on bar I) in such manner as to lock with it both when closed and open, substantially as specified.
4. The stops P, combined with hook L or N, to hold it above the bars, substantially as specified.
THOMAS B. ROGERS, JR.
'1. B. MOSHER, ALEX. F. ROBERTS,
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US175381A true US175381A (en)||1876-03-28|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US175381D Expired - Lifetime US175381A (en)||Improvement in shutter and door fasteners|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US175381A (en)|
- US US175381D patent/US175381A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US175381A (en)||Improvement in shutter and door fasteners|
|US1136444A (en)||Storm-sash fastener.|
|US284222A (en)||Blind-slat operator|
|US156486A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fastenings|
|US202413A (en)||Improvement in shutter-workers|
|US555169A (en)||To john klein|
|US210591A (en)||Improvement in window-blinds|
|US230496A (en)||Blind adjuster and fastener|
|US215398A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fastenings|
|USRE8616E (en)||Improvement in shutter bower and fastener|
|US164431A (en)||Improvement in blind-stops|
|US609490A (en)||The noflrls peters co|
|US122595A (en)||Improvement in devices for moving blind-slats|
|US337076A (en)||Feedeeick a|
|US586172A (en)||Shutter bower and lock|
|US426960A (en)||Shutter worker and fastener|
|US332835A (en)||eobinscxnyof new yobk|
|US170210A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
|US339447A (en)||Eichaed masox|