US167639A - Improvement in feed-water regulators - Google PatentsImprovement in feed-water regulators Download PDF
- Publication number
- US167639A US167639A US167639DA US167639A US 167639 A US167639 A US 167639A US 167639D A US167639D A US 167639DA US 167639 A US167639 A US 167639A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- XLYOFNOQVPJJNP-UHFFFAOYSA-N water Substances O XLYOFNOQVPJJNP-UHFFFAOYSA-N 0.000 title description 18
- 230000000875 corresponding Effects 0.000 description 2
- F—MECHANICAL ENGINEERING; LIGHTING; HEATING; WEAPONS; BLASTING
- F22—STEAM GENERATION
- F22D—PREHEATING, OR ACCUMULATING PREHEATED, FEED-WATER FOR STEAM GENERATION; FEED-WATER SUPPLY FOR STEAM GENERATION; CONTROLLING WATER LEVEL FOR STEAM GENERATION; AUXILIARY DEVICES FOR PROMOTING WATER CIRCULATION WITHIN STEAM BOILERS
- F22D1/00—Feed-water heaters, i.e. economisers or like preheaters
- F22D1/36—Water and air preheating systems
c. M. 'BRIDG ES.
Fee' d Water Regulator.
' Patented Sept. 14,1875.
N. PETERS, FHOTO-LITHOGRAPH ER, WASHINGTON. D. O.
UNITED STATES PATENT CHRISTOPHER M. BRIDGES, OF LEON, IOWA, ASSIGNOR TO HIMSELF AN CREED BOBBITT, OF SAME PLACE.
IMPROVEMENT IN FEED-WATER REGULATORS- Specification forming part of Letters Patent N 0. 167,639, dated September 14, 1875; application filed August 6, 1875.
To all whom it may concern:
- Be it known that I, CHRISTOPHER M. BRIDGES, of Leon, Decatur county, Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Boiler Feed-Regulator, of which the 'following' is a specification V My invention consists of a float in a chamber connected to the boiler at the water-level, to rise'when the water fills the chamber, and open a passage from the chamber containing the float to the pump, and allow the boiler pressure to close the check-valve in the supply-pipe from the tank, and so that a circulation of the hot water of the boiler will be maintained through the pump as long as the Water in the boiler is high enough to keep the chamber full and the float up; but when the water falls in the boiler below the connection with the chamber the pump will exhaust the chamber, and the float will fall and close the passage from the float-chamber,when the checkvalve, being relieved of the boiler pressure, will open, thus making an automatic regulator, and at the same time facilitating the circulation of the water, so that steam makes faster and more economically.
Figure I is partly a side elevation and partly a sectional elevation, and Fig. 2 is a transverse section.
Similar letters of reference indicate corresponding parts.
A is the boiler. B is the float-chamber; O, the pipe connecting the float-chamber with the boiler at the water-line; D, the float in the chamber; E, the pipe connecting the floatchamber at the bottom with the pipe E, which connects the feed-tank .G with the pump H, and I is a valve contrived to open connection of the floatfchamber with the pump, when the float rises, and close it when the float falls. The pipe F will have a'oheok-valve to be closed by steam-pressure when the valve I opens.
. Having thus described my invention, I claim as new and desire to secure by Letters Patent-- The float-chamber B, float D, passage E, and a valve, I, combined with the boiler and the pump, in the manner described, to open a circulating-passage through the boiler and feed-pump when the float rises, and close it when the float falls, substantially as specified.
URIAH BOBBITT, A. S. UPDEGRAFF.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US167639A true US167639A (en)||1875-09-14|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US167639D Expired - Lifetime US167639A (en)||Improvement in feed-water regulators|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US167639A (en)|
- US US167639D patent/US167639A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US167639A (en)||Improvement in feed-water regulators|
|US394569A (en)||Boiler feed-regulator|
|US797255A (en)||Distilling apparatus.|
|US759131A (en)||Feed-water regulator.|
|US218922A (en)||Improvement in water-governors for boilers|
|US669669A (en)||Feed-pump governor.|
|US646083A (en)||Automatic feeder for steam-boilers.|
|US598499A (en)||Feed-water regulator|
|US341203A (en)||Feed-water regulator|
|US235409A (en)||John beidges|
|US279014A (en)||Feed watee eeatjlatoe|
|US404346A (en)||Jules crollard|
|US354078A (en)||Boiler-feed regulator|
|US689176A (en)||Valve for boiler-feeders|
|US155400A (en)||Improvement in steam-traps|
|US276355A (en)||Feed-water regulator|
|US139762A (en)||Improvement in automatic boiler-feed regulators|
|US294705A (en)||Feed-water regulator|
|US141302A (en)||Improvement in water-regulators for boilers|