US161467A - Improvement in combined pen-handles and lead-pencils - Google PatentsImprovement in combined pen-handles and lead-pencils Download PDF
- Publication number
- US161467A US161467A US161467DA US161467A US 161467 A US161467 A US 161467A US 161467D A US161467D A US 161467DA US 161467 A US161467 A US 161467A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 238000010276 construction Methods 0.000 description 2
- 239000000463 material Substances 0.000 description 2
- 239000002023 wood Substances 0.000 description 2
- A—HUMAN NECESSITIES
- A45—HAND OR TRAVELLING ARTICLES
- A45D—HAIRDRESSING OR SHAVING EQUIPMENT; EQUIPMENT FOR COSMETICS OR COSMETIC TREATMENTS, e.g. FOR MANICURING OR PEDICURING
- A45D34/00—Containers or accessories specially adapted for handling liquid toiletry or cosmetic substances, e.g. perfumes
- A45D34/06—Containers or accessories specially adapted for handling liquid toiletry or cosmetic substances, e.g. perfumes in combination with other toiletry or cosmetic articles
H, c. BENSON. Gumhined Pen-Handle and Lead-Pencil.
No. 161,467, Patented Marcl 130,18.7,5..
W 125M055 as 1 7110677162 Mfi THE GRAPHIC CLLPH 0T0 -LITH .39 & 4-1 PARK PLACE, NY.
UNITED STATES PATENT QFFIGE.
HENRY G. BENSON, OF YONKERS, NEW YORK, ASSIGNOR TO JOSEPH RECKENDORFER, OF NEW YORK CITY.
IMPROVEMENT IN COMBINED PEN-HANDLES AND LEAD-PENCILS.
Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 161,467, dated March 30, 1875; application filed January 22, 1875.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, HENRY G. BENsoN, of the city of Yonkers, in the county of Westchester and State of New York, have invented a certain new and Improved Combined Pen Holder or Handle and Lead-Pencil, of which the following is a specification:
This invention consists of a pen-holder and pencil, eraser, or other article, in which the pen holder or handle is hollow, and receives within it a lead-pencil, metallic eraser, or other article, having a rubber eraser-head, that forms a plug to fit in the end of the pen-handle, and holds the pencil in place therein.
The accompanying drawing represents, in longitudinal central section, an article embodying my invention.
A is the pen holder or handle, which is hollow, and has an open upper end, as shown. It is otherwise of ordinary or suitable construction. B is a lead-pencil, which is inserted point first in the hollow handle, and carries on its upper end a rubber eraser-head, a, that forms a plug to fit tightly in and close the upper end of the pen-handle, and to hold in place the pencil to prevent it from dropping out of the handle.
The pencil, when required for use, is withdrawn from the pen-handle. The rubber head can be used for erasing without removing the pencil.
l/Vhen the pen-handle is made of wood or other material liable to split or break its upper end should be surmounted by a surrounding metallic sleeve or ferrule, 12, that forms a seat for the plug a.'
What I claim, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
The herein-described article, consisting of a hollow pen holder or handle, and a lead-pencil or other article received within said handle, and provided with a rubber head, that forms a plug to fit tightly in and close the upper open end of the handle, as shown and set forth. v
In testimony whereof I have hereunto signed my name this 15th day of January, A. D. 1875.
HENRY O. BENSON.
GEO. H. RICHARD, LEOPOLD ANSHAUBE.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US161467A true US161467A (en)||1875-03-30|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US161467D Expired - Lifetime US161467A (en)||Improvement in combined pen-handles and lead-pencils|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US161467A (en)|
- US US161467D patent/US161467A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US36652A (en)||Holder for pens|
|US161467A (en)||Improvement in combined pen-handles and lead-pencils|
|US798749A (en)||Covered pen, pencil, &c.|
|US667950A (en)||Eraser-holder and pencil attachment.|
|US761428A (en)||Combined penholder and eraser.|
|US213570A (en)||Improvement in soluble-ink pens|
|US1304171A (en)||Holder for writing i|
|US307207A (en)||Calendar attachment for pencils and pen-holders|
|US1266283A (en)||Pencil attachment for fountain-pens.|
|US386448A (en)||John blaie|
|US364220A (en)||Jesse a|
|US393049A (en)||John t|
|US294756A (en)||Lead and crayon holder|
|US271107A (en)||Quill pen-holder|
|US255652A (en)||Combined slate-cleaner and penci l-holder|
|USRE6510E (en)||Improvement in rubber erasers for lead-pencils|