US144246A - Improvement in door-checks - Google PatentsImprovement in door-checks Download PDF
- Publication number
- US144246A US144246A US144246DA US144246A US 144246 A US144246 A US 144246A US 144246D A US144246D A US 144246DA US 144246 A US144246 A US 144246A
- United States
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Expired - Lifetime
- 240000001973 Ficus microcarpa Species 0.000 description 2
- E—FIXED CONSTRUCTIONS
- E05—LOCKS; KEYS; WINDOW OR DOOR FITTINGS; SAFES
- E05C—BOLTS OR FASTENING DEVICES FOR WINGS, SPECIALLY FOR DOORS OR WINDOWS
- E05C9/00—Arrangements of simultaneously actuated bolts or other securing devices at well-separated positions on the same wing
- E05C9/04—Arrangements of simultaneously actuated bolts or other securing devices at well-separated positions on the same wing with two sliding bars moved in opposite directions when fastening or unfastening
- E05C9/043—Arrangements of simultaneously actuated bolts or other securing devices at well-separated positions on the same wing with two sliding bars moved in opposite directions when fastening or unfastening with crank pins and connecting rods
- Y—GENERAL TAGGING OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS; GENERAL TAGGING OF CROSS-SECTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPANNING OVER SEVERAL SECTIONS OF THE IPC; TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC CROSS-REFERENCE ART COLLECTIONS [XRACs] AND DIGESTS
- Y10—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER USPC
- Y10T—TECHNICAL SUBJECTS COVERED BY FORMER US CLASSIFICATION
- Y10T292/00—Closure fasteners
- Y10T292/0803—Sliding and swinging
- Y10T292/0805—Combined motion
- Y10T292/0806—Lever-operating means
N0. 144,246. PatentedNov.4,1873^.'
Jig/a3 x W MW y////; .y
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
JACOB BADER, OF OLATHE, KANSAS.
IMPROVEMENT IN DOR'CHECKS.
Specification `forming part of Letters Patent No. 144,246, dated November 4, 1873; application filed September 13, 1873.
To all whom it may concern:
Beit known that I7 J noon BADER, ot Olathe, in the county of Johnson and State of Kansas, have invented a new and Improved Gate and Door Stop, of which the following is a speciiication:
My invention consists or" a pair of legs jointed together and to a slide on the door or gate, so as tobe shoved down onto the licor or ground, and at the same time extended from each other in both directions in which the gate or door swings, so that by bearing on the floor or entering the ground they will hold the door or gate :from swinging in either direction. In the case of a door the legs and slide will, by preference, be arranged in a recess in the edge eX tending upward a suitable distance from the lower corner, so as to be worked up and down by hand, and will have a set-screw to fasten it, but in a gate the legs, being similarly arranged in a recess on the end post of the gate-frame, may be worked by a lever, with which buttons are arranged to hold it in the positions forlieeping the legs in the ground or out ofit.
Figure l is partly a side elevation and partly a sectional elevation of a portion of a door and the door-frame, showing the application of my improved stop thereto, the section being taken on the line x of Fig. 2. Fig. 2 is an elevation of the edge of the door, as represented in Fig. l. Fig. 3 is a side elevation of a portion of a gate, showing my improved stop appliedl to it 5 and Fig. 4 is an end elevation of the gate.
Similar letters of reference indicate corr spending parts. Y
Arepresents the legs, and B the slide to whih they are pivoted. C represents a spreader between the legs at the bottom of the door or gate, to spread the legs apart as they are forced down into the ground or upon the floor to cause tnein to brace mthe door or gate. The slide B and legs A are arranged in a recess, D, in the edge of the door or end of the gate, so that the walls E of said recess will hide them when the legs are drawn up. The slide of the door has a slot, F, through which a set screw, G, works, to hold it in place when sliding up and down, and to fasten it when either up or down. It also has a thi1nblepicce,f, for Working it by. The slide of the gate is connected to a lever, l, which is to be used for forcing the legs into the ground and putting them out 5 and the buttons K L are `provided on the gate for holding the lever up and down, as required.
It will be seen that with these contrivances in either arrangement a door or gate can be readily and effectually fastened open at any required distance.
Having thus described my invention, l claim as new and desire to secure by Letters Patent-v l. rllhe movable stop-legs AA and spreader C, combined and arranged in a cavity of gate or door, as and for the purpose described.
2. The slideB, having the legs AApivotedLfto the lower andthe lever I pivoted to the up ei end, as described, to enable the said legs t be forced into the ground. ,f
Witnesses J. M. SNoDenAss, THEO. McBnroE.
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|US144246A true US144246A (en)||1873-11-04|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|US144246D Expired - Lifetime US144246A (en)||Improvement in door-checks|
Country Status (1)
|US (1)||US144246A (en)|
- US US144246D patent/US144246A/en not_active Expired - Lifetime
|US144246A (en)||Improvement in door-checks|
|US134877A (en)||Improvement in latches for gates|
|US172106A (en)||Improvement in self-acting door-bolts|
|US116654A (en)||Improvement in door-stops|
|US136731A (en)||Improvement in door-checks|
|US635432A (en)||Door-fastening device.|
|US135562A (en)||Improvement in curtain-fixtures|
|US147694A (en)||Improvement in hasp-locks|
|US145131A (en)||Improvement in bolts for doors and gates|
|US58268A (en)||Improved gate-fastening|
|US123664A (en)||Improvement in shutter-workers and fasteners|
|US130504A (en)||Improvement in window-sash fasteners|
|US109692A (en)||Improvement in buffers and catches for doors|
|US195525A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|
|US166819A (en)||Improvement in shutter-fasteners|