ES2403001B1 - Operating system and control device equipped with a system of this type, for a bicycle operating body. - Google PatentsOperating system and control device equipped with a system of this type, for a bicycle operating body. Download PDF
- Publication number
- ES2403001B1 ES2403001B1 ES201230110A ES201230110A ES2403001B1 ES 2403001 B1 ES2403001 B1 ES 2403001B1 ES 201230110 A ES201230110 A ES 201230110A ES 201230110 A ES201230110 A ES 201230110A ES 2403001 B1 ES2403001 B1 ES 2403001B1
- Prior art keywords
- control device
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- Withdrawn - After Issue
- 230000000284 resting Effects 0.000 claims description 2
- 230000000694 effects Effects 0.000 description 2
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B62—LAND VEHICLES FOR TRAVELLING OTHERWISE THAN ON RAILS
- B62K—CYCLES; CYCLE FRAMES; CYCLE STEERING DEVICES; RIDER-OPERATED TERMINAL CONTROLS SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR CYCLES; CYCLE AXLE SUSPENSIONS; CYCLE SIDE-CARS, FORECARS, OR THE LIKE
- B62K23/00—Rider-operated controls specially adapted for cycles, i.e. means for initiating control operations, e.g. levers, grips
- B62K23/02—Rider-operated controls specially adapted for cycles, i.e. means for initiating control operations, e.g. levers, grips hand actuated
- DRIVING SYSTEM AND EQUIPPED CONTROL DEVICE
- WITH A SYSTEM OF THIS TYPE, FOR A MANAGEMENT BODY OF
- A BICYCLE
- The object of the invention is a drive system and a
- control device equipped with such a system, for an organ of
- maneuver of a vehicle, for example a brake or shift mechanism
- of gears.
- The invention finds, for example, an application for control and
- actuation of a braking mechanism of a bicycle or a scooter.
- In general, to control a maneuvering organ of a
- bicycle, for example a braking or gearshift mechanism, is
- use an eccentric control device attached to the organ that must be
- control via a correctly installed drive cable.
- When exerting traction, for example by means of a brake lever,
- on the cable, the braking mechanism is activated, for example, a stirrup that
- It has a pair of brake shoes that will rub on the wheel. When you release the
- brake lever, the cable returns to its normal position and the shoes move away
- of the wheel.
- Similarly, when exerting traction, for example by means of a
- operating lever or by any other equivalent element, it
- drives the gearshift mechanism that makes the chain of the
- bicycle deviates so that it changes plate or pinion.
- For such a control device, and its system of
- drive, work efficiently it is necessary that the voltage of the
- resting cable, that is, in the non-actuating position of the
- maneuver, is properly adjusted, so that traction on the
- cable implies the effective operation of this maneuvering organ.
- This voltage can be adjusted over time. In addition, in the case in
- Particular of the braking mechanism with brake shoes mounted on
- a stirrup, these shoes wear progressively over time.
- It is therefore necessary to be able to easily modify the regulation
- of this tension to adjust it correctly.
- On the other hand, some users may prefer one more type of adjustment
- that other. For example, a user may want "dry" braking from the
start of the drive path of the drive system. On the contrary, another user may want progressive "soft" braking along the drive path of the drive system. In both cases, the adjustment of the cable tension is not the same.
It is therefore also necessary here to be able to easily modify the regulation of this voltage to adjust it correctly according to the desire
of the user. Drive systems in which the cable tension can be regulated by means of a nut / locknut type system are common.
In these drive systems, the cable, usually covered, is connected to the maneuvering organ by one of its ends, and is provided at its opposite end with a threaded stop of the cover which is
screw at the same time inside the body of the control device for example
a brake lever and inside an adjustment wheel or a nut
which leans against the body.
By unscrewing the stop of the lever body cover, the cable is stretched and corrected in this way, for example, the wear of the brake shoes
On the contrary, by screwing the cover stop on the lever body, the cable is tensioned, which allows the adjustment to be modified, for example
after replacing the used shoes with new shoes.
One of the problems posed by this type of drive system is that the adjustment can be difficult for users to understand and difficult to implement. In fact, in order to be able to screw or unscrew the cover stop, first of all the nut or the adjusting wheel must be slightly unscrewed. Then once the stop
screwed or unscrewed conveniently, the nut must be tightened again against the lever body.
Another problem with this type of device is that, when
make an adjustment to compensate for the wear of the brake shoes, the stop
of the cover protrudes enough from the body and the nut screwed to the body reveals a part of the threading of the cover stop.
The invention is therefore intended to solve the problems that have been exposed, among other problems.
The invention thus relates, according to a first aspect, to a drive system of a maneuvering organ of a vehicle for example a bicycle, the maneuvering organ being, for example, a braking or changing mechanism of gears, suitable for being controlled by a control device, for example a brake or gearshift lever, comprising a body having a receiving portion.
The drive system comprises a drive cable mounted within a cover, the first end of which is intended to slide into the receiving portion and to be fixed to the control device, and the opposite end of which is intended to be fixed on the control element.
maneuver. The system also includes adjustment means intended for
regulate the tension of the cable between the operating device and the device
I send. These adjustment means comprise a threaded stop suitable for serving
as a stop at the end of the cable cover during operation of the
drive system The adjustment means also comprise a wheel suitable for mounting cooperating around the receiving portion, and the stopper is
screwed into the adjustment wheel and is suitable for sliding into the receiving portion, in such a way as to allow adjustment of the tension of the
cable by wheel rotation. In this way, it is enough to turn the wheel, which has the effect
Screw or unscrew the wheel stop, which causes the stop to move along the axis of the cable, to adjust the tension of this cable. In addition, once mounted on the control device, for example
a brake lever, whatever the setting, you don't see any unsightly
threaded since the threading of the stop is inside the adjustment wheel. Likewise, the adjusting wheel may have a grip surface greater than the nut / locknut system of the prior art, thereby
that the adjustment needs less precision and less force.
In a first embodiment, the adjustment wheel has a first end intended to rest on an outer flange of the receiving portion, and has an inner flange intended to rest on the end of the receiving portion.
In this variant, the stop may be provided with a flange suitable for
rest on the flange of the adjustment wheel. Preferably, the adjustment wheel has a second end
opposite the first end provided with a passage hole for the cable. In a second variant, possibly in combination with the previous one, the wheel has a cylindrical or frustoconical outer shape. In a third variant, possibly in combination with one or more of the above, the outer wall of the adjustment wheel is provided with
less a flat part that facilitates the grip of the wheel by the user.
The invention also relates, according to a second aspect, to a control device, for example a lever or a brake or gearshift lever, of a vehicle, for example a bicycle, for the control of an organ of maneuver of this vehicle, for example a mechanism of
braking or gearshift. The device comprises a drive system like the one
He has presented previously.
In a variant, the device comprises a body that receives, by means of a reception portion at the first end of the cable mounted slider in this reception portion, the adjustment wheel being mounted
cooperating around the receiving portion, and the screwed screw stop
inside the wheel being slidably mounted inside the receiving portion.
Preferably, the outer wall of the adjustment wheel at the height of its
The first end is prolonged without interruption by the outer wall of the receiving portion of the body.
The invention also relates, according to a third aspect, to a vehicle, for example a bicycle, comprising at least one maneuvering organ, for example a braking or gearshift mechanism, this maneuvering organ being controlled by a control device like the one presented previously.
Other features and advantages of the invention will be shown with greater
clarity and completely with the reading of the description given to
continuation of the preferred embodiments, which are given by way of non-exclusive examples and in reference to the following accompanying drawings:
- Figure 1: schematically represents an example of a control device with the drive system according to the invention, seen in partial section;
- figure 2: schematically represents the device of figure 1
as a whole, with an extension of the drive system adjustment wheel.
Figure 1 represents an example of a control device 1, 7 with the drive system according to the invention, in this case of the command and of the actuation of a braking mechanism of a bicycle.
Typically, the control device comprises a body 1 and a lever 7, integral with the body 1 and intended to start the drive system.
The drive system comprises a cable 2 protected by a cover 10, whose first end 2a protrudes out of the cover 10 and is
connected directly or indirectly to the lever 7, such that a user
it can exert traction on the cable 2 when acting on the lever 7.
At the end of the cable 2 opposite the first end 2a, no
shown in figure 1, the cable 2 is fixed to the braking mechanism, of
such that the traction on the cable 2 activates the braking mechanism.
This first end 2a of the cable 2 is introduced by sliding into a receiving portion 1 a of the body 1.
On the other hand, the drive system comprises means of
adjustment 3, 8 intended to allow adjustment of the tension of the cable 2.
These adjustment means comprise a wheel 3 that cooperates in one 3a
from its ends 3a, 3b with and around the end of the receiving portion 1 to opposite the end of the portion integral with the body 1. The end 3a of the adjusting wheel 3 rests on a flange
exterior 4 of the reception portion 1a.
This end 3a of the adjusting wheel 3 is provided, on the one hand, with
an edge of the annular end that rests on the end of the portion of
reception 1a and, on the other hand, of an inner flange 5, slightly behind the axis with respect to the edge of the annular end.
At its end 3b opposite end 3a, the adjustment wheel 3 is
provided with a hole for the passage of the cable 2.
- The adjustment means 3, 8 of the tension of the cable 2 comprise,
- another part, a threaded stop of the cover 8, slidably mounted inside the
- Reception portion 1a and mounted screwed inside the wheel 3.
- This stop 8 is suitable to serve as a stop at the end of the cover
- 10 of cable 2 during drive of the drive system.
- The cable 2 is integral at its end 2a with this cover stop 8, of
- such that the cable can slide into the receiving portion 1 to and
- be more or less tense when sliding inside deck 10 when it is
- lean against the stop 8.
- The stop 8 comprises a flange 9, at its opposite end to the end of
- Introduction by screwing into the adjusting wheel 3, which can be
- rest on the inner flange 5 of the wheel 3 presented in paragraphs
- above, so that the stop 8 cannot be screwed inside the
- wheel 3 beyond the support of the flange 9 of the stop 8 over the flange 5 of the
- wheel 3.
- Thus, by turning the adjustment wheel 3, in one direction or the other,
- around the receiving portion 1 a, the stop 8 is screwed or unscrewed
- inside the wheel 3 sliding at the same time inside the portion
- of reception 1a, which has the effect of modifying the adjustment of the
- 2 o
- cable tension 2.
- Figure 2 shows more generally the example of a device for
- command with its drive system described above in
- reference to figure 1, presented this time without cutting.
- As depicted in both Figure 1 and Figure 2, in
- this example, the outer walls of the adjustment wheel 3, at the height of its
- end 3a, they are prolonging without interruptions to the walls
- exteriors of the receiving portion 1 a of the body 1.
- As depicted in the detail view associated with Figure 1, it is
- it can provide one or several flat parts 6 that extend along the surface
- 3 o
- outside of the adjusting wheel 3 from its end 3b, to facilitate the grip of
- the wheel 3 by the user.
- The outer shape of the adjusting wheel 3 is tapered, slightly
- narrower at its end 3b than at its end 3a. It could also be
- cylindrical or even otherwise.
However, it is preferred that this form allows both cooperation with the end of the receiving portion 1a of the body and allows
that the outer walls of the wheel 3 are extending without
interruptions to the exterior walls of this reception portion 1a.
5 The set of the previous description is given as an example and, therefore
therefore, it does not limit the invention.
In particular, the main application relates to the control and operation of a maneuvering organ, for example a braking mechanism or a gearshift mechanism, for a bicycle.
10 But the invention extends to the actuation and control of any operating device that uses a cable to connect the eccentric control and the operating element, and to exert an action on the operating element from the control device and its system drive.
Similarly, the invention extends to the drive and control 15 of a maneuvering body not only of a bicycle but of any other
vehicle, for example a scooter.
Priority Applications (2)
|Application Number||Priority Date||Filing Date||Title|
|FR1150776A FR2970937B1 (en)||2011-02-01||2011-02-01||Actuating system and control device provided with such a system for a bicycle maneuvering device|
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|ES2403001A2 ES2403001A2 (en)||2013-05-13|
|ES2403001R1 ES2403001R1 (en)||2014-01-27|
|ES2403001B1 true ES2403001B1 (en)||2014-11-05|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|ES201230110A Withdrawn - After Issue ES2403001B1 (en)||2011-02-01||2012-01-27||Operating system and control device equipped with a system of this type, for a bicycle operating body.|
Country Status (4)
|DE (1)||DE102012100804A1 (en)|
|ES (1)||ES2403001B1 (en)|
|FR (1)||FR2970937B1 (en)|
|IT (1)||ITMI20120087A1 (en)|
Family Cites Families (7)
|Publication number||Priority date||Publication date||Assignee||Title|
|JPH0136711Y2 (en) *||1984-05-26||1989-11-07|
|JPH0356474Y2 (en) *||1987-04-03||1991-12-18|
|JPH0449218U (en) *||1990-08-31||1992-04-27|
|JP3133915B2 (en) *||1994-11-18||2001-02-13||株式会社シマノ||Bicycle cable and its outer end cap and adjustment bolt|
|DE19843337A1 (en) *||1998-09-22||2000-03-23||Sram De Gmbh||Cable control adjustment mechanism for bicycle has fewer components than prior art and retains lubricating grease|
|JP2001014047A (en) *||1999-04-30||2001-01-19||Yamaha Motor Co Ltd||Clutch lever adjusting mechanism|
|JP2009083786A (en) *||2007-10-02||2009-04-23||Yamaha Motor Co Ltd||Adjustment mechanism for operation lever and saddle-riding type vehicle|
Also Published As
|Publication number||Publication date|
|TWI584995B (en)||Bicycle control device|
|US7789607B2 (en)||Device for fixing an object to a tree|
|EP1340435B1 (en)||Lace-up shoe|
|AU684638B2 (en)||Adjustable leverage brake lever|
|EP1160152B1 (en)||Device for adjusting the position of the operating lever of a hydraulic actuator|
|US7584528B2 (en)||Shoelace reel operated easily and conveniently|
|CA2554726C (en)||Quick release bicycle wheel|
|EP0956828A2 (en)||Osteosynthesis device with correction rod|
|US8608118B2 (en)||Clamping device for a telescopic rod|
|US4614452A (en)||Angle adjusting device|
|US6540749B2 (en)||Bone screw|
|EP2848828B1 (en)||Structure for preventing falling of fastening nut of portable power work machine, and fastening nut anchor member|
|US7513178B2 (en)||Hydraulic screw tightening or tensioning device|
|IL207729D0 (en)||Double-end threaded body and internally-threaded body|
|US20140061556A1 (en)||Strap tensioning system|
|JPH0293112A (en)||Captive screw assembly|
|CA2471023A1 (en)||Device for the manual metering of a medical fluid, particularly bone cement|
|WO2004110197A3 (en)||Footwear lacing system|
|US5779422A (en)||Device for joining two elements|
|US8533931B2 (en)||Fastening method and fastening tool|
|KR19990041553U (en)||Universal self-adjusting wrench|
|BRPI0407654A (en)||on-demand adaptive control system|
|ES2286766T3 (en)||Washer and fixer provided by such arandela.|
|US20050286991A1 (en)||Washer, fastener provided with a washer, method of and power tool for fastening objects|
Ref document number: 2403001
Country of ref document: ES
Kind code of ref document: B1
Effective date: 20141105
Effective date: 20150305