CA1107622A - Stirrup machine - Google PatentsStirrup machine
- Publication number
- CA1107622A CA1107622A CA 329061 CA329061A CA1107622A CA 1107622 A CA1107622 A CA 1107622A CA 329061 CA329061 CA 329061 CA 329061 A CA329061 A CA 329061A CA 1107622 A CA1107622 A CA 1107622A
- Grant status
- Patent type
- Prior art keywords
- Prior art date
- Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.)
- B—PERFORMING OPERATIONS; TRANSPORTING
- B21—MECHANICAL METAL-WORKING WITHOUT ESSENTIALLY REMOVING MATERIAL; PUNCHING METAL
- B21D—WORKING OR PROCESSING OF SHEET METAL OR METAL TUBES, RODS OR PROFILES WITHOUT ESSENTIALLY REMOVING MATERIAL; PUNCHING METAL
- B21D11/00—Bending not restricted to forms of material mentioned in only one of groups B21D5/00, B21D7/00, B21D9/00; Bending not provided for in groups B21D5/00 - B21D9/00; Twisting
- B21D11/10—Bending specially adapted to produce specific articles, e.g. leaf springs
- B21D11/12—Bending specially adapted to produce specific articles, e.g. leaf springs the articles being reinforcements for concrete
A stirrup machine for bending metallic stock material such as bars, wires strips and the like and forming indivi-dual bent pieces therefrom including: advancing and rever-sing and other suitable means (1) for the feed of the stock material (2) and to retract the finished bent product; shear and guide means (3) for said stock material (2); bending means (4) comprising an interchangeable fixed central ben-ding fork (7) to guide and support said stock material (2) and a bending pin (8) for bending said stock material (2) around the central fork (7) in a clockwise or counterclockwise di-rection. The invention is characterized in that the stock guide means (5) is transversally movable forward and backward to push the stock material(2) out of the bending plane, to di sengage it from the bending means (4) or to recall the stock material to reengage it with the respective bending means (4) and to shear it' in connection with a countershear (6) after the stock material (2) has completed ad a stirrup.
FIELD OF INVENTION.
This invention is related to a stirrup machine or a bending machine for metallic stock material such as bars, wire, strips or the like.
BACXGROUN~ OF THE INVENTION.
Semi-automatic or automatic stirrup machines or bending machines which work by continuous feeding are already known in the prior art. Bending and stirrup machines which bend in any shape bars, wire or the like either clockwise or counter-clockwise have also been developed.
It has been particularly noticed that a well known type of a stirrup machine utilizes a bending method based on a bending unit with a fixed fork, around which a bending pin is made to paFtially rotate clockwise or counterclockwise,making it re-enter and pass either above or under the bending bar. The expul-sion of the finished product is caused by a central pin which is coaxial to the rotation axis of said bending pin.
In other cases this pin acts not only as an expeller, but also as shearing element. These first types of machines are at a very advanced basis, but they are very complicated and expensive because they require a great quantity of movabble parts. ~n other cases said central pin is eliminated and the fork is movable axially effac~ng ln order to allow the e~pul-slon of the finished product in connection with a shearingunit t~.S.Patents:Nov.16, 1976 No. 3.991.600;Sept.20,1g77 n.4.C49.026 of same applicant).
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION.
It is accordingly an object of the present invention to over-come the disadvantages of the prior art as mentioned above.
This and further objects are accomplished by developing a machine which ~tilizes a bending unit with a central fork and a bending pin which is non-movable axially, in order to simpli-fy the stirrup machine and to reduce its production costs.
The fork is also non-rotatable so as to avoid the dragging of the bar during the bending phase.
Upstream of said bending unit a guide unit for said stock material to be bent is placed,being said guide movable trans-versally in a forward and backward direction, pushing said stock mater'ial out of the bending plane to disengage said bending ur,it in order to allow:
- the reversing of said bending rotation of said bending pin to displace it under said stock material to the opposite side for the reversed bending, - the reversing feed or recall of the bent material before the shearing to reduce waste.
A perectioned embodiment of~the invention of said movable guide unit is the shear guide unit, comprising a movable shear guide cooperating with a fixed interchangeable countershear in order to shear the stock material when said shear guide moves in completely backward beyond said counter-shear.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS.
The disclosure will be better - explained with the following drawings in which are illustrated some essential parts of the machine and their working system in one of the preferred em~odiments, as an example:
Fig. 1 is a schematic frontal view of the operating unit of the machine adjacent to the partially seen bending and shear guide unit;
Fig. 2 is a schematic top view of the operating unit of Fig. 1;
Figs. 3 to 25 are a series of exemplifying operative phases which illustrate the operating system of said unit, (and conse~uently of the stirrup machine).
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENT.
According to Figs. 1-2 the stirrup machine consists of:
- a well-known feeder-retractor unit 1 for the stock material 2, - a shear guide unit 3 for the stock material 2, - a bending unit 4 for the stock material 2, - a conventional electronically programmable control means to drive the above mentioned units, not illustrated and well-known in the field.
The said shear guideunit 3 consists of a interchangeable transver-sa~yforward andbackward movableshear guide5 whichafter completed the backward movement is able to shear said stock material 2 in connection with a fixed interchangeable countershear 6, placed under said stock material 2 and between said shear guide 5 and said bending unit 4.
The said shear guide 5 is shaped as a piece of pipe to guide and advance within it said stock material 2.
The said bending unit * consists of a fixed interchangeable central fork 7 and a rotatable bending pin 8, mounted on a rotating bending disc 9 coaxially to said central~fork 7.
~ eferring to one of the possible methods for preparing stirr~ps, the operating units work as follows:
1. The feeder-retractor 1 causes the stock material 2 to proeeed forward to a wanted extent in a conventional manner, such as with an electronie system of counter-pulses.This would allow the stock material 2 to pass through the shear guid~ 5 and over the fixed countershear 6 and through the fork 7 IFiqs. 3-4).
2. The bending disc 9 with the bending pin 8~wh~ch has already been placed in position will initia~ea first bending of the stock material 2, for instance in a clockwise direction in a conventional manner (Figs. S-6).
3. After thislthe disc 9 and -the bending pin 8 return to their original position (Figs. 7-8), while a predetermined length of the stock (2):ismoYedthrough the machine (Figs. 9-10).
4. The shearing unit 5 than shifts forward to push the stock material 2 forwardfrom the bending plane of the bending pin 8 (Figs. 11,12,13), than the bending pin 8 goes to the opposite side with respect to the stock material 2 by means of a counter rotation (Figs. 14,15).
5. The shear guide 5 coming succesively to the normal p~ion again, reentering backward (Figs. 16,17), and carrying out another bending, which is counterclockwise (Figs. 18,19).
6. The shape o the stirrup being finished,the shear guide 5 shifts forward pushing the stock material 2 (Figs. 20,21,22).
7 The stock material 2 is compelled ~o withdraw with the respective stirrup which has already ac~uired a definitive shape, by means of the feeder-retractor unit 1 (Fig. 23,24).
8. The shear guide 5 shifts backward beyond the fixed countershear 6 and the stirrup is cut up from the stock r~
material 2 at the desired point (Fig. 25).
Obviously, the invention is not limited to the above;described and illustrated embodiments, on the contrary they can be con- -sidered as the base of other forms and ways of realization whose executing details may vary without exceeding the essence of the stated and herein described disclosure.
It will be obvious to those skilled in the art that various-changes may be made without departing from the scope of the invention and the invention is not to be.considered to be limited to what is shown in the drawings and described in the specification.
- advancing and reversing and other suitable means for selectively advancing the feed of the stock material which is to be bent and reversing the feed of the stock material which has been bent;
- shear and guide means for said stock material;
- bending means comprising a fixed central fork for guiding and supporting said stock material and a bending pin for bending said stock material around said central fork in clockwise or counterclockwise direction, w h e r e i n said stock guide means acting as guide for said stock material is movable in a transversal direction,forward and backward in order to push said stock material forward out of the bending plane to disengage said stock material from said bending means or to recall said stock material backward to engage said stock material with said bending means respectively.
- a movable shear guide for said stock material,movable in a transversal direction,forward or backward, in order to push said stock material forward out of the bending plane to disengage said stock material from said bending means or to recall said stock material backward in a partial backward movement to engage said stock material again with said bending means respectively;
- a fixed countershear under said stock material,placed between said movable shear guide and said bending means to shear said stock material in connection with said movable shear guide and its backward movement when this backward movement continues beyond said countershear.
a) advancing to a wanted extent or a prefixed length of the stock material to be bent by the said advancing and reversing means or any other suitable means, past said shear and guide means into said bending means;
b) bending said stock material into a wanted or prefixed angle in one bending direction, by rotation of said bending pin and recall of it to its start position;
c) if necessary,according to the program repeat the steps a) and b) in a wanted or prefixed length and angle respectively;
d) if necessary,to reverse the bending direction, shift the said movable shear guide forward to disengage said stock material from said bending means and rotate said bending pin in a counterrotation for its displacement to the opposite side of said stock material to a new counterstart position , shift said movable shear guide backward to reengage said stock material with said bending means;
e) bending said stock material in the reversed bending direction into a wanted or prefixed angle by rotation of said bending pin in a counterrotation and recalling it to its counterstart position;
f) if necessary,as programmed by the operator to the program of the stirrup machine or if wanted by the operator, repeat the steps a),b),c),d),e), in any value or suitable num-ber and combination;
g) after the stirrup is completed, shift said movable shear guide forward to disengage said stock material from said bending means and actuate said advancing and reversing means to reverse the feed of the stock material in order to reduce the length of the stock material to a minimum con-necting the completed stirrup and shift the said movable shear guide completely backward in order to shear,in connection with said fixed countershear said completed stirrup from said stock material;
h) the cycle will be repeated to obtain the prefixed number of stirrups to be produced as established by the program and prefixed or wanted by the operator.
Priority Applications (2)
|Application Number||Priority Date||Filing Date||Title|
|Publication Number||Publication Date|
|CA1107622A true CA1107622A (en)||1981-08-25|
Family Applications (1)
|Application Number||Title||Priority Date||Filing Date|
|CA 329061 Expired CA1107622A (en)||1979-02-28||1979-06-05||Stirrup machine|
Country Status (5)
|US (1)||US4248273A (en)|
|EP (1)||EP0015354A1 (en)|
|JP (1)||JPS55117524A (en)|
|CA (1)||CA1107622A (en)|
|ES (1)||ES481653A1 (en)|
Families Citing this family (28)
|Publication number||Priority date||Publication date||Assignee||Title|
|EP0079587B1 (en) *||1981-11-18||1986-03-26||Oemb SA||Wire-bending machine|
|GB2119299A (en) *||1982-03-04||1983-11-16||Pa Management Consult||Making cutting tools|
|US5014533A (en) *||1987-06-03||1991-05-14||Ergon S.A.||Wire processing machine|
|JP2651710B2 (en) *||1988-10-20||1997-09-10||臼井国際産業株式会社||Bending apparatus of a small diameter metal tube|
|DE69003116T2 (en) *||1989-01-18||1994-01-05||Piegatrici Macch Elettr||Upstream of a bending device arranged movable scissors and method for bending of the rear ends of rods.|
|US4993253A (en) *||1989-01-18||1991-02-19||M.E.P. Macchine Elettroniche Piegatrici S.P.A.||Drawing unit downstream of a bending assembly and method to bend the trailing end of bars|
|EP0379029A1 (en) *||1989-01-18||1990-07-25||M.E.P. Macchine Elettroniche Piegatrici S.p.A.||Rocker bending unit|
|EP0386456A1 (en) *||1989-03-06||1990-09-12||M.E.P. Macchine Elettroniche Piegatrici S.p.A.||Shears unit|
|DE69121069T2 (en) *||1990-12-17||1997-01-23||Piegatrici Macch Elettr||Bending-shaping means of rods and method of introducing bends in the trailing ends of rods|
|DE69202679T2 (en) *||1991-10-21||1996-01-25||Piegatrici Macch Elettr||Bending-shaping machine having multiple working levels.|
|DE69320972T2 (en) *||1993-06-17||1999-02-11||Suehiro Mizukawa||Bending device for steel strip|
|FR2715334B1 (en) *||1994-01-21||1996-03-08||Automatisation Ste Francaise||Machine for bending a material being in a substantially rectilinear shape.|
|NL9401473A (en) *||1994-09-09||1996-04-01||Holland Mechanics Bv||Bending device.|
|DE69704152D1 (en) *||1996-10-01||2001-04-05||Piegatrici Macch Elettr||Bending method for double bending device and associated double bending device with movable rotating parts|
|DE69800413T2 (en) *||1997-09-08||2001-03-29||Oscam Spa||Device for bending of reinforcing steel|
|JP4592843B2 (en) *||1999-08-23||2010-12-08||株式会社オプトン||Bending apparatus|
|FR2806943B1 (en) *||2000-04-03||2002-08-16||Macsoft||bar bending machine erasable folding nose|
|FR2815893B1 (en) *||2000-10-31||2002-12-20||Macsoft||A device for rapid tool change and automates a standard conical tool support for bending machine numerical control|
|JP3785926B2 (en) *||2000-11-17||2006-06-14||株式会社デンソー||Molding apparatus and molding method of U-shaped conductor|
|US7011180B2 (en)||2002-09-18||2006-03-14||Savant Measurement Corporation||System for filtering ultrasonic noise within a fluid flow system|
|CN100518988C (en)||2007-11-09||2009-07-29||燕山大学||Double stirrup mold reinforcing bar bending machine|
|CN102274909B (en) *||2011-05-26||2013-05-29||大连大金马基础建设有限公司||Polygonal spiral stirrup fabricating turntable|
|JP6013058B2 (en) *||2012-07-20||2016-10-25||株式会社大平製作所||Wire bending method|
|WO2014188332A1 (en) *||2013-05-20||2014-11-27||M.E.P. Macchine Elettroniche Piegatrici Spa||Machine for bending metal products and corresponding bending method|
|US9908169B2 (en) *||2013-09-06||2018-03-06||Winton Machine Company||Process to cut coax cable|
|CN103691842B (en) *||2013-12-12||2015-09-30||建科机械（天津）股份有限公司||Material holding means to prevent sagging of the steel wire spiral stirrup benders|
|CN104128533B (en) *||2014-07-31||2016-10-05||国家电网公司||A wire bending machine and its control system|
|CN104493008A (en) *||2014-12-30||2015-04-08||杭州小森机械制造有限公司||Fully-automatic reinforcing steel bar hoop-bending machine|
Family Cites Families (9)
|Publication number||Priority date||Publication date||Assignee||Title|
|US2884987A (en) *||1956-03-30||1959-05-05||Pedrick Tool And Machine Compa||Bending machines with reversible motor drive|
|FR1457786A (en) *||1965-10-29||1966-11-04||Automatic machine for forming the rebars|
|GB1306550A (en) *||1970-12-23||1973-02-14||Benton R E||Bending|
|BE791166A (en) *||1972-04-12||1973-03-01||Evg Entwicklung Verwert Ges||Hairy wire or metal strip|
|DE2319426C3 (en) *||1972-05-02||1980-08-21||Evg Entwicklungs- U. Verwertungs- Gesellschaft Mbh, Graz, Steiermark (Oesterreich)|
|GB1435033A (en) *||1973-02-16||1976-05-12||Marcello D F||Apparatus for bending rods|
|FR2270584B1 (en) *||1974-05-07||1980-07-11||Energetics Science|
|DE2514187C2 (en) *||1974-11-15||1982-04-22||Fabro Remigio Reana Del Rojale Udine It Del|
|US4049026A (en) *||1975-04-18||1977-09-20||Remigio Del Fabro||Bending apparatus having a shaped mandrel used in automatic bending machines for metal wire and bar stock|
Also Published As
|Publication number||Publication date||Type|
|US6205898B1 (en)||Rotary cutoff device and method|
|US2071603A (en)||Method of making slide fasteners|
|US3263307A (en)||Method for making electrical heating mats and blanks therefor|
|US3695133A (en)||Apparatus for cutting strip material in variable lengths|
|US5235735A (en)||Apparatus for cutting and insulation stripping of an electrical cable|
|US5771725A (en)||Method of producing a band blade, a method of bending a strip material, and an apparatus for bending a stip material|
|US3642187A (en)||Stitching head|
|US3211187A (en)||Wire tying machine|
|US3982457A (en)||Notching machine|
|US4275555A (en)||Machine and a method for constructing a chain having automatically shaped and welded chain links|
|US3670553A (en)||Tube bending machine|
|US3540395A (en)||Method of slitting a continuous strip of metal and article formed therefrom|
|US2450920A (en)||Wire cutting and bending press|
|US2808079A (en)||Book binding machine|
|EP0537496A1 (en)||Method to make bends in the trailing ends of bars for building work in bending-shaping machines, and bending-shaping machines for bars for building work which employ such method|
|US4049026A (en)||Bending apparatus having a shaped mandrel used in automatic bending machines for metal wire and bar stock|
|US2655372A (en)||Machine for mechanically electrically measuring and dispensing gummed tape|
|US2961012A (en)||Machine for making helical binders and binding loose leaf books therewith|
|US1915312A (en)||Ring forming machine|
|US1532538A (en)||Manufacture of shingle strips|
|US1467015A (en)||Method and machine for making fasteners|
|US3602348A (en)||Automatic pulse control unit for the drive of cutting machines for paper, cardboard or the like|
|US3983735A (en)||Cleat forming method and machine|
|US2228162A (en)||Machine for perforating plasterboard|